Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hit a 330 yard dive on a par four. Pin was in the front and I was on the fringe on the front right. Putted from there and missed my eagle by a hair. Tapped in for birdie. Nothing beats a kick in bird!

Eighteenth hole, drive into the deep bermuda rough right of the FW. There are two trees between my ball and the hole with an opening right of the trees to the right side of the green. There is a lake between me and the green. I need to hit 170 yard shot with cut to get anywhere near the flag and the rough is so heavy that it would be almost no spin on the ball on any shot.

I pull the five iron, grip it with a choke hold, open the face, and swing as hard at that rough as I can swing. I can not see because of the trees in front of me but it felt good and I didn't hear my ball hitting leaves through the trees but still I didn't know if it made it to any part of the green or even made it across the lake. I hear good shot and feel relief. Upon arrival to the green, my ball is a foot off the green and 20 feet from the hole resulting in a two putt par.

Hit a tee shot to the far left side into the first cut, got trees in front if me and water along the right of the green and I'm about 195 from the center with the pin on the back right. If I tried to hook the ball around I hade to aim right at the water...I hit a high 4 hybrid with a baby fade over the trees to about 10 feet...it was pretty!!

We won't discuss whether I made the birdie putt or not:banghead::at-wits-end:

5i on the 17th, a Par 3. Playing 191 tonight into a slight wind.

Hit it to 2ft and made the putt for birdie

18th hole I had just come off 17 with a birdie thinking I need a par to break 79. Well I hit my drive into the woods. I find it and punch out to about 80 yards. From where I'm at theres a bunker in the front protecting the flag. I pick my 64* and hit it up and I couldn't have hit it any better, just hit it pure. I walk up to the green. Landed it 4 feet from the flag for a tap in par and a new low record of 76.

18th hole I had just come off 17 with a birdie thinking I need a par to break 79. Well I hit my drive into the woods. I find it and punch out to about 80 yards. From where I'm at theres a bunker in the front protecting the flag. I pick my 64* and hit it up and I couldn't have hit it any better, just hit it pure. I walk up to the green. Landed it 4 feet from the flag for a tap in par and a new low record of 76.

Congratulations! Good round

Tapatalk... Loved by me hated by the wife.

Hit a drive on a shorter par 5 about 340 yards. Left me with a wedge to the green over the water from 130. Put it pin high and 2 putted for birdie.

had 2 birdie chip ins back to back on par4 #7 and par3 #8
one with an 8i bump and run... thought i crushed it and was glad it hit the stick and dropped right in
the other was a 60* wedge from a collection area that used to be a bunker... jarred it on the fly

one with an 8i bump and run... thought i crushed it and was glad it hit the stick and dropped right in
the other was a 60* wedge from a collection area that used to be a bunker... jarred it on the fly

Awesome! Congrats on that!

176 yard 5 iron, pin high, 15 feet from the cup, 2 putt for par. ONLY shot of the day, ugh.

Those are always fun, congrats.

thanks marc

today was dufftastic but i was still hitting my wedges pretty decent... had a wedge shot from 80 out and it looked pretty... even spun a lil

Best shot of my my round yesterday with Yorkem was a driver that I turned on a little too much. My nice little draw turned into more of a hook. It bounced once at about 235 or so (guess) and hit the 150-to-the-green marker and stopped dead. Had it not hit that 2" diameter marker in the middle of the fairway, I would have been miles into the woods.

Actually, my best shot was the 30+ foot putt that broke left then right in the last 8 feet to save par!

I actually had quite a few nice shots today but the best shot because of degree of difficulty is when I duffed my tee shot and it only went about 120 yards. It left me with about a 225 up hill shot. I took my 3 hybrid and hit one right on the laces. Left me with about an 11 footer for birdie that I missed. It was definitely sweet watching that shot. Honestly, that wasn't my intention. I didn't think I could get it there but thought I could give it a good ride and get up and down for par. Actually, I have to say that I impressed myself with that shot.

9i from a hardpan lie to 3 feet!

double post

Hit a half, low, knockdown 7i from 145 and put it to 10 feet. Also hit an AW from 135 to 4 feet.

A few shots from each of my last 2 rounds:

Last thursday - 7th Hole: 348yard Par 4 - hit a decent drive to the right rough, leaving about 70 yards to the center. 2 tiered green with the pin just on the top tier. Hit an awesome little LW that hopped once on the lower tier, hit the top tier and started rolling towards the pin. Left myself about 3ft for bird!

9th Hole - 362yrd Par 4 - played every shot with my LW...4th shot into the green from about 95 yards, right over the stick, one big hop into the fringe and then it zipped back to about a foot and a half for another tap in bird!

Yesterday: 10th Hole - 299yrd Par 4 (driveable) - hit a really solid drive up the right hand side and caught a lucky bounce that kicked it left and right onto the green! Had about 20ft for eagle which I missed way short, but poured the birdie put right in the heart of the cup!

16th hole - 410yrd Par 4 - ended up in the back right greenside bunker with not a lot of green to work with and it all running away from me. Hit an awesome chunk-n-run that barely cleared the lip of the bunker and trickled down to 1ft to save par.

40ft putt for triple... it was that kinda day

A 6 iron 150 up hill to 4' for a birdie.

Chip in on 18 from about 15 feet

Tap tap taparoo

Used an old chipper club and sunk one from off the green.

40ft putt for triple... it was that kinda day

dont you hate that...you want to be excited about the putt but there is a triple behind it

I hit a cut 3-iron from about 220 to an uphill green. Played it against the slope left of the green, took two bounces and ended up on the right plateau with about 20 feet for an eagle.

dont you hate that...you want to be excited about the putt but there is a triple behind it

man it was such a pretty putt but today was just a downer that not even that shot was in the "keeps me coming back for more" category lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back