Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every wedge shot, almost holed out 3 times. Driver and irons were the worst in ages.

Played the back first today in my leauge, and couldnt hit my driver in the fairway for anything. Got around to the 550 yard par 5 1st hole and absolutely drilled the tee shot. My league partner gps'd it to 327 (by FAR the LONGEST tee shot i've EVER hit!)

Not to outdo myself, but being 225 out, I hit my 3H and left it about 15 yards short of the green, then got up and down for birdie!

Best shot(s), and hole of the round by far. Too bad I couldnt break 80...

Hit my driver about 285 up the left side of the fairway on number 2 550yd dog left right par 5. This has been a tough driving hole for me the last couple of weeks, so I was happy with it today.

PW from 48 yards to 4 feet; made the birdie putt.

All in all this really sucked, but #18, long dog leg left par 4. Solid round going up to then and had a nice drive to the edge of the turn. 194 to the hole, but middle of the fw. Hit my 3 hybrid off the toe right and frustrated I toss one down. I hit that ball smooth landing short and rolling up within 3 feet below the hole.

Then went and hit the correct ball, lmao.

Tap,Tap,Tap

All in all this really sucked, but #18, long dog leg left par 4. Solid round going up to then and had a nice drive to the edge of the turn. 194 to the hole, but middle of the fw. Hit my 3 hybrid off the toe right and frustrated I toss one down. I hit that ball smooth landing short and rolling up within 3 feet below the hole.

Then went and hit the correct ball, lmao.

Tap,Tap,Tap

oh man i hate that... 2nd guy is always better lol

About an 18 footer, 7 inches left to right, center cup for birdie.

The best shot of my last round came on 18 at Lake Caroline CC in Madison, MS. We had a group of 3(my group) and a group of 4 following. Taking the best score from your team on each hole, we were playing a 3 man vs 4 man format, with me and a teammate on the 3 man team and in the 3some, while our other teammate played with the 4some. The guy on my team and that I was playing with shot even par 36 on the front and a 5 under 31 on the back(former head pro and Adams Tour player) so needless to say many of my holes weren't needed on the back nine. However, on 18 I hit driver off the tee, albeit unknowingly as the fairway has a large bunker hidden from the tee box on the right side of the fairway. There is a lake on the left reachable from the tee and running all the way to the front of the green, so naturally I chose to hit driver at the right side of the fairway. Ended up not only in the bunker 120yds away, but about an inch from the lip and leaving me with a stance outside of the bunker and the ball about a foot below my feet. I hit PW, but chunked it about 25 yards short of the green in the fairway. Before I describe my shot, let me say that the course is fairly open and easy. It's only real defense is the new champion bermuda greens that were hard(yet the fringes were soft) and extremely difficult to stop anything on. The flag was about 10 ft on from the front. I hit my 60* low but right at the stick, landing it about 2ft on where it took a hard first bounce, the 2nd bounce was about 4ft from the hole where the spin finally caught it and it checked up and rolled straight to the hole for a routine birdie. Great way to end my round, covered up my partner who finished his 5 under back nine with a par, and collected money at the end!

oh man i hate that... 2nd guy is always better lol

Lol, I knew better, but playing alone and no one behind me, knew I could hit the green, but damn, haha

Any of the tee shots in the fairway today. All were hit with my new S2 Cobra 3wd. It's great to have such an easy to hit club!

I was playing with my dad tonight when there was no one on the course. We get to our 4th hole which is a 200 yard par 3.
I hit my original shot to the center of the green and he hits his just short.
I decide to try and have a go left handed with one of my dads clubs just for the heck of it. I grab his 25 degree taylormade rescue and tee it up.
I hit this shot with a soft draw to around seven feet and then use his putter to card a left handed birdie!
Attatched is my victory photo to immortalise the moment I beat my father playing from his side of the ball :p

dunked my first shot into the water... took a drop
jarred the chip for a par

hit a couple of nice fade 3 woods, i've been getting more power with that club lately.

hit a lob wedge for my third from, oh 50 yards out, to tap in range on the par 4 fifth.

My first drive of the day was my best drive, long and straight, everything after that was short and left :bad:

didn't roll any good putts in today, had a lot of nice strokes (had a lot of consistant strokes), but couldn't get anything to drop...did have about a 5 footer for par on the second hole, ever so slightly uphill, rolled all the way around the left edge, around to the back edge and dropped in. Can't remember ever doing that before, i've seen other guys drop 'em in like that, but can't ever remember doing it myself. so that was fun.

My sand game was AMAZING for the last 9 holes I played today:

Hole 1) Greenside Bunker with about 20 feet of green to work with, green is way above the bunker and I splash out and put it to about 3 1/2 feet. 1 Putt Par

Hole 4) Greenside bunker again, green elevated way up and I have about 5 feet of green. Splash out and it hits the pin and stays a few inches from the cup. 1 Putt Par

Hole 5) Greenside bunker, about 20 feet of green splash out and let it run to about 4 feet, 1 putt birdie.

best shot of my round was one I just hit for fun. I played with my brother and his boss and just went out for a causual round with a few beers. 13th hole at my course is 343 yards with a severely elevated green, at least 2 clubs up a steep hill. I told the guys I was just going to drive the green and call it a day, which they both laughed at. Well, I wound up and smacked the CRAP out of the ball. I put the biggest turn on it and caught it dead-nuts. I'll be damned if that ball didnt fly out there, start drawing in towards the green, land smack dab in the middle of the hill, and bounce back a few yards. Both my brother and his boss's jaws dropped. Didnt have my GPS, but I tried to pace off from where I picke up my ball to the center of the green. It was only ~30 yards short of the center of the green, meaning it was a 313 yard drive...all carry! Not to mention that it bounced back a few yards haha.

That was without a doubt, the best drive I've ever hit. Of course I tried to replicate that huge swing the next hole, and proceeded to hit a stinger off the heel of the driver that probably only went about 200 yards. Oh well, conservation of greatness I suppose.

Shot of my round today was a 5iron from 227 to a front left pin over a hazard. I played just right of the flag it hit pin high and released to the side of the green leaving me with a 20' left to right down hill putt, par baby!

Had a couple. Best legal was on the 164 yard, par 3 18th hole. Hit my 8 iron to 3 feet. Landed 2 feet short and spun back. If it had released it was in the hole! Putted in for bird.

The other one was crazy! Par 5, hit my drive over the trees on the left and cut it into the fairway. Hit it about 280 and had 150 left after taking the short route. Hit my 9 iron and put it just off the back of the green. I then dropped another next to my divot and pulled out my PW. Hit it solid and was inches away from draining it for what would have been the most remorseful 2 on a par 5 ever. I would have had a kick in eagle! Pared it with my original ball. If only I had hit the PW to start!

My best shot was on a 300 yd par 4 that features a huge tree that blocks much of the right side of the fairway at about 225 yds. Hit a good 3W that drew and dipped just enough to get under a few big branches and rolled out to within 15 yds of the green. My chip wasn't the greatest, but I was happy to 2 putt and take the par.

Hit a 142 yard PW to less than a foot. Nice easy birdie but would have loved a hole in one!

Drove the third hole on Starfire today (339) and drained the ~10 footer that followed for eagle. Not sure which shot was better, but seeing the putt drop felt good after a couple poor rounds with the flat stick.

Since it has not rained in a couple of weeks and the fairways being rock hard , I hit my Launcher 356yds ball rolled out probably 70yds longest drive in my life
oh yeah birdie it to

I did it again, lol, second try was a charm. Had a nice round going into number nine hole during league play Thursday. Par three 156 with OB left and behind. This is a tough green to hit and tougher to stay on top if you hit it, plus trees blocking the right side, so a cut shot helps drift the ball up the green. My tee shot didn't cut, hit front left and OB. Tee'd up for #3 from the box and it faded beautifully with a nice high drift sticking 1 1/2 foot above the hole.

Made the putt for bogey, lol.

A 9 iron to about 4 feet was as good as it got for me today, although I lipped the birdie putt..

Oh, and a massive 3 iron, but that will be discussed in a thread later this evening haha!

A 9 iron to about 4 feet was as good as it got for me today, although I lipped the birdie putt..

Oh, and a massive 3 iron, but that will be discussed in a thread later this evening haha!

3I was MASSIVE

Hole #15, skied my drive and was 230 out. Pulled out the Mashie 3H and crushed it. Perfect draw that was just short of the green.

Hole #18 190yard par 3. 4 iron pin high 8 foot right, drained it for birdie.

The par 3 putt was my best putt of the day but I flat love the new Mashie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back