Best sounding driver?

TLuke

Reaction score
Handicap
None
As the subject says, what do you think is the best sounding driver? That sounds like a bull whip, not some tin can clanker.

As long as it doesn't make a sound like dull metal bucket "TONK", I think most drivers on the market CAN sound good with a great strike. And I haven't heard that sound in a long time on the range or course.

I am partial to a well struck M6

GS53 is the best sounding driver I’ve hit.

There is nothing I have ever hit that sounds as good as a TS3. No one standing near you will ever wonder how you hit it.

I always loved the sound of the Nike Vapor Fly driver.

tough to beat the mavrik standard. that driver sounds amazing on well-struck shots. also cobra f9 sound was fantastic.

Standard Mavrik. It was acoustically engineered. They put baffling in place for the sole purpose of sound manipulation. It is a masterpiece.

Of new models the standard Mavrik head sound is pretty impressive.

Bridgestone J40 430 or the Callaway FT Optiforce 440. Mavrik is the first Callaway driver since the Optiforce line to sound really good to me.

Tour Edge Exotics EXS Pro.

And I’ve owned most of the new releases this year.

For me, it is the Callaway Mavrik Standard. On a well struck shot, it just sounds so freaking good.

I like a solid sounding and feeling driver. I do like the way my Mavrik feels and sounds. I was a big fan of the Callaway FT3 from a sound perspective. The Titleist drivers always have a good feel and sound.

I'm old, and still partial to the "Click" of the ball coming off of a PowerBuilt persimmon driver when struck cleanly. Therein lies the problem. That didn't happen very often back in the day!

I partial to anything loud.

One of the guys in my foursome this morning commented after my tee shot, "I didn't even have to look up to know that was a great shot, I could tell by the sound."
He said he has gotten used to the sound of my Mavrik Max and knows when I hit it well. Well there's that and the shot wasn't followed immediately by, AWW F------ don't go there.

I haven’t hit the driver, but I love the sound of my Epic Flash HW. If the driver sounds half as good, that would take some beating.

Mavrik sub zero is really in my top 3 of all time.

2016 M2 would be in the mix too.

Love the sound of my Mavrik Max. Callaway did a great job with the acoustic engineering, nice solid, powerful sound.

The best sounding driver I have played is the new Callaway Mavrik Max.

It is a clear Thwack sound that is very smooth and pleasant to my ear.

Back