Best Spicy Chicken Sandwich

Just had the new Popeye's Chicken Sandwich (the spicy variety) and it definitely lives up to the hype!

Is the Popeye's sandwich spicy thanks to the chicken/breading combo, or is it just a sauce loaded on top?

tomcat;n8888358 said:
Is the Popeye's sandwich spicy thanks to the chicken/breading combo, or is it just a sauce loaded on top?

It is actually in the mayo mix that differentiates it. All other components of the sandwich are the same as the regular. It was not spicy at all to me but I am a bag fan of ultra spicy food and sauce so my heat senses are dulled to probably nothing. The only thing that could improve the sandwich, IMO, is if they used the same breading / spice forumla for the chicken patty that they use to make their spicy fried chicken. No complaining though as I can always add more spice to it and the chicken patty is much more substantial than competitor fast food chicken sandwiches.

It's not a spicy chicken sandwich if it requires sauce to make it spicy, in my opinion.

Thanks for the info.

I have yet to try the Popeye's sandwich but am intrigued after the mayhem the came across social media soon after its release.

I give the edge on just the spicy chicken sandwich to Wendy's over the Fil-A.

I have not tried the Popeyes sandwich yet but for me it’s Chick Fil a then Wendy’s

Haven’t had the Popeyes sandwich . Only Wendy’s which was my favorite until I found a local place which serves a far better one. Crispier,Spicy and flavourful

I had popeye's spicy chicken sandwich on Monday. After witnessing it's perfection first hand, I decided to try Chic-Fil-A's take on it later in the week. Popeye's won hands down. Their sauce was so good.

Chick-Fil-A for sure!

I had popeye's spicy chicken sandwich on Monday. After witnessing it's perfection first hand, I decided to try Chic-Fil-A's take on it later in the week. Popeye's won hands down. Their sauce was so good.

Totally agree. It’s very good

Popeye’s and it’s not close...

I have not tried the Popeyes sandwich yet but for me it’s Chick Fil a then Wendy’s

This happens next month.

Had a Popeye's Spicy Chicken today. Realizing they have the app where I can order from home can be dangerous. It's good. I still lean Wendy's for me, but that could be because I've been pounding those down for 20 years.

Wendy's.

It's the only reason I've even gone to Wendy's in the past 10 years.

Had a Popeye's Spicy Chicken today. Realizing they have the app where I can order from home can be dangerous. It's good. I still lean Wendy's for me, but that could be because I've been pounding those down for 20 years.
Have you had one recently? I thought they changed theirs up, because I had one a month or so ago and it's definitely not what I remember. Unless I was given the wrong thing haha

Have you had one recently? I thought they changed theirs up, because I had one a month or so ago and it's definitely not what I remember. Unless I was given the wrong thing haha

I have Popeyes today
Wendy's some time last week
Chick back in November

Hell I'll eat all of them. They are all damn delicious.

I have Popeyes today
Wendy's some time last week
Chick back in November

Hell I'll eat all of them. They are all damn delicious.
Maybe I was given the wrong thing haha.

But I'm with you, there aren't many chicken sandwiches I wouldn't eat.

I was so underwhelmed with Chic Fil A's spicy sandwich. I haven't had Wendy's for a while. I may have to go back and give it one last try to topple Popeye's from the top spot.

Maybe I was given the wrong thing haha.

But I'm with you, there aren't many chicken sandwiches I wouldn't eat.

it's like when I go to a bar and grill and see anything Buffalo Chicken on the menu, I just get drawn to it.

it's like when I go to a bar and grill and see anything Buffalo Chicken on the menu, I just get drawn to it.
Dips, wraps, sandwiches...it always tends to be a solid option.

Is the Popeye's sandwich still impossible to find due to an incredible lack of supply? Out of principal I refuse go to an establishment for a sandwich unless there is a 0% chance of me being told it's sold out (which is a ridiculous concept for a fast food place).

Is the Popeye's sandwich still impossible to find due to an incredible lack of supply? Out of principal I refuse go to an establishment for a sandwich unless there is a 0% chance of me being told it's sold out (which is a ridiculous concept for a fast food place).
I was once told that a taco bell was fresh out of Chalupas. I was blown away.

We just got a Popeye's here. I had no idea what it was until I saw this thread. Now I'm thinking I need to try it.

But we do NOT have a chick fil a here and usually when I drive down to Seattle, it's a must stop. I love their chicken sandwiches and shakes

Back