Best Spikeless Golf Shoes?

AndersonRains

Reaction score
Handicap
Looking to pick up a pair of spikeless shoes for at home use when hitting off a mat and also to wear to the range, maybe even wear for a round here and there. So many options out there these days - any good recommendations?

I like the look of the TRUE Linkswear Knit II, just a little worried about stability during the swing. Would love feedback on these if anyone has tried them.

Most comfortable for me would have to be Puma Ignite, however, I've had a bit of slippage issues and they aren't terribly waterproof, and that has steered me away. This year I used the adidas CodeChaos and they've done well. Fairly comfortable, pretty waterproof, and only slipped a couple times.

One thing about spikeless, I really don't think there is going to be a singular option for slip free golf in total. Obviously with the conditions being varied throughout the year, there's always a better chance vs spikes.

I’m a huge TRUE fan, one of the few here, but they’re my favorite spikeless by a decent chunk

I’m a huge TRUE fan, one of the few here, but they’re my favorite spikeless by a decent chunk
Great to hear.. Have you tried their Knit line?

I wear Cuater Moneymakers or Puma Ignite nearly every round. My two go to for spikeless.

Puma and Cuater for me are the most comfortable spikeless. Though admittedly I've gone away from spikeless a bit this year. I play a lot of early morning rounds and it has been wet a lot so been back to Puma spiked shoes.

I wear Walter Hagen spikeless, very comfortable and lite and waterproof.

I've really liked my Asics spikeless for an athletic type shoe, and just recently picked up a pair of Footjoy Flex Coastals which are an incredibly comfortable spikeless knit shoe, I'd highly recomend either of these..

I won a pair of TRUE LUX KNIT shoes, the waterproof version that's similar to the KNIT II, but they gave me really bad blisters on my heels. They were otherwise really comfortable, looked really good, and provided great traction on the course. I'm working with TRUE to exchange them for something else, I think I'll be giving the ORIGINALS a try.

Adidas makes a pretty comfortable shoe if you get boost. The code chaos has the best grip of any spikeless shoe I've tried.
Yes, I have slipped in them but I have also slipped in spikes.

I've really liked my Asics spikeless for an athletic type shoe, and just recently picked up a pair of Footjoy Flex Coastals which are an incredibly comfortable spikeless knit shoe, I'd highly recomend either of these..

I won a pair of TRUE LUX KNIT shoes, the waterproof version that's similar to the KNIT II, but they gave me really bad blisters on my heels. They were otherwise really comfortable, looked really good, and provided great traction on the course. I'm working with TRUE to exchange them for something else, I think I'll be giving the ORIGINALS a try.
Both the Asics and Coastals look nice! Good to know about the LUX. I'm attracted to the TRUE brand right now just because they look to easily transition into a lifestyle shoe off the course as well. Just don't want to sacrifice function for look.

Looking to pick up a pair of spikeless shoes for at home use when hitting off a mat and also to wear to the range, maybe even wear for a round here and there. So many options out there these days - any good recommendations?

I like the look of the TRUE Linkswear Knit II, just a little worried about stability during the swing. Would love feedback on these if anyone has tried them.
Another big TRUE fan here. I have two pair of the Eco Knits, a pair of the Lux Pro Pebble Collection, two pair of OGs and a pair of OG feels. If I were to rank them in the order I like them it would be OG Feel (in the summer), OG, Lux Pro Pebble, Eco Knits.

I don't have any stability problems with the Knits - they fit my foot securely enough that I don't slip around in them and the sole offers good traction. The only reason they're ranked last in my likes is that they're not as wide as the OGs and Lux, but they're still plenty comfortable and actually I like the zero drop sole better than the Lux Pro, which isn't zero drop. I've never had blister problems with any of the TRUE shoes, but everybody's feet are different. Of all of them, the Eco Knits and look the least like golf shoes, so they'd be the easiest to transition into "lifestyle" shoes.

+1 for Adidas CodeChaos.

Both the Asics and Coastals look nice! Good to know about the LUX. I'm attracted to the TRUE brand right now just because they look to easily transition into a lifestyle shoe off the course as well. Just don't want to sacrifice function for look.
I wouldn't let my experience getting blisters with the LUX KNIT influence too much, I have not heard that it is a common issue, and likely just a fit issue for my feet. I can say it really surprised me though, as I never get heel blisters in any shoes, and they were otherwise a great fit, with good support and traction.

I think the Puma RS-Gs are my favorite all around right now for function if you like that kind of look.

The original Jordan ADGs are still super comfy and have great traction. not sure on the newer ones but tread looks similar.

the puma ignites are comfy, but I do slip in them some.

For comfort with support, Asics Gel-Course Ace

I think the Puma RS-Gs are my favorite all around right now for function if you like that kind of look.

The original Jordan ADGs are still super comfy and have great traction. not sure on the newer ones but tread looks similar.

the puma ignites are comfy, but I do slip in them some.
I like the look of those RS-G. Officially a contender.

Jordan ADG3, most comfortable I have ever worn. Good traction and all day comfort.

I still like the Jordan's I've worn for both comfort and grip. I think the best grip spikeless I've ever used were the Adidas Boost shoes with the gripmore sole.

Adidas CodeChaos and the Cuater Moneymakers are my current rotation.

I'm a Skechers guy, they fit my feet well, nice arch support, waterproof and when removed my feet aren't cramped/screaming to finally being out of spikes.

I like the Puma Ignites for comfort.

Like others have said, the waterproof quality can be a bit lacking. Some pairs, I've had no problems at all; others, well, not so good.

The only times I've slipped during a swing was when standing on a bunch of dead leaves/pine needles or on one of our dirt tee boxes.

My favorites of my last few pairs are my Ecco Biomes. Really comfortable/supportive, good waterproofing, and pretty good traction for spikeless.

Also have Adidas Codechaos/Puma Ignites and think they are both excellent as well. Can't really go wrong with any of them.

Back