Best Spikeless Golf Shoes?

I picked up the FootJoy Flex Costal (2020 style) this year and love them on and off the course:

1629927770387.png

I picked up the FootJoy Flex Costal (2020 style) this year and love them on and off the course:

View attachment 9024240
I like the looks of the 2021 version better without the band that goes around the heel. :confused2:
Great shoes either way though.

I am a True Linkwear guy. I have the Knit II shoes and haven't noticed any stability issues. I had a pair of Adidas knit shoes 4 or 5 years ago that were terrible in that regard. TL-01 are my favorite True Linkswear shoe. I don't have a very wide foot so several of their styles are out for me.

I still like the Jordan's I've worn for both comfort and grip. I think the best grip spikeless I've ever used were the Adidas Boost shoes with the gripmore sole.
I had a pair of Adidas Boost and they're one of my most hated golf shoes ever. Toe box hurt my feet so bad that I was almost crippled by the end of a round (even riding in a cart) and couldn't wait to get out of them. The heel also slipped badly, any time I was walking up a hill it felt like my foot was going to come right out of the shoe. The soles gripped fine, but man were those some miserably uncomfortable shoes for me!

Puma or, IF you can get them in the right size, Inesis.

I picked up a pair of Puma Fusion Evo's this summer as I was looking for some additional padding to deal with a foot thing I've got going on. I've been very impressed with the performance and the looks. I can put them on for 'errands' and no one in the house realizes they double as golf shows for a quick 20 min short game session :cool:

The price is pretty good as well being under $100

Adidas Tour XT are very solid. The Footjoy ProSL shoes have really good traction also. I have a pair of CodeChaos shoes that have been solid also.

I like the looks of the 2021 version better without the band that goes around the heel. :confused2:
Great shoes either way though.
I agree with that. The 2021 look good and in the gray, may not get/look dirty as quickly. The blue are sharp, too.

og feels are nice. i don't wear them much anymore but they fit nice and have good grip/stability...that being said, i never wore them on a wet course.

Looking to pick up a pair of spikeless shoes for at home use when hitting off a mat and also to wear to the range, maybe even wear for a round here and there. So many options out there these days - any good recommendations?

I like the look of the TRUE Linkswear Knit II, just a little worried about stability during the swing. Would love feedback on these if anyone has tried them.
TRUE take some getting used to but ive had 0 issues with them. I have the Lux Pro and Lux Knit currently....... I had the Knit II and OG Feel but returned both. I feel the Lux line is more stable

My other Spikeless are G-Fore. They have some cool designs but overall I'd pick TRUE spikes as my favorite spikeless shoe over the years.

Looking to pick up a pair of spikeless shoes for at home use when hitting off a mat and also to wear to the range, maybe even wear for a round here and there. So many options out there these days - any good recommendations?

I like the look of the TRUE Linkswear Knit II, just a little worried about stability during the swing. Would love feedback on these if anyone has tried them.

I had the OG CodeChoas with the BOA System. Which I really liked then on a limb bought the True Lux Pro and love them! Just ordered the True Lux Sport and can'r wait to try them. Big FAN

For stability, traction, and durability the best I’ve used are FJ Pro SL. However, I’m currently using the Spieth 5’s and they are on track to be every bit as good.

Every other make/model I’ve tried have had a compromise somewhere. Knit uppers will always sacrifice stability. Too soft of sole materials have always failed for me and sometimes very quickly - Adidas Boost foam 2x, New Balance 2x, as well as the cheaper UA spikeless options 2x. I had given up on spikeless other than the Pro SL’s until the Spieth 5’s were released.

I had the OG CodeChoas with the BOA System. Which I really liked then on a limb bought the True Lux Pro and love them! Just ordered the True Lux Sport and can'r wait to try them. Big FAN
I'm eyeing the sport as well.. September/October wait time is the only downside

Puma for me although my new Cuater's are swaying my opinion. Although I now have options & can mix it up.

I answered earlier, but here are some pics of the ones I've been happiest with:

Asics Gel-Course Glide, I have two pairs of these, the other pair is the "Polar Shade" (kind of off-white):

1111A085_003_SR_RT_GLB-1

FootJoy Flex Coastal:

FJ_56138_01.png

And on their way, TRUE OG Premium:

I’m wearing Foot Joy’s this year. I would consider the Flex line. I need a wide shoe and I have had success with Foot Joy’s spikeless shoes in the past.

Ecco S-three are my shoe of the year.

True OG 2.1 are right behind for me

og feels are nice. i don't wear them much anymore but they fit nice and have good grip/stability...that being said, i never wore them on a wet course.
The OG Feels do fine in a bit of dew/leftover sprinkler moisture. In real heavy dew or an outright wet course, you're gonna have wet socks.

Ecco S-three are my shoe of the year.

True OG 2.1 are right behind for me
The OG 1.2s are 🔥, especially in the white/black saddle colorway. If I didn't already have too many pair of golf shoes, they'd be mine:

TL12.png

The OG Feels do fine in a bit of dew/leftover sprinkler moisture. In real heavy dew or an outright wet course, you're gonna have wet socks.

The OG 1.2s are 🔥, especially in the white/black saddle colorway. If I didn't already have too many pair of golf shoes, they'd be mine:

View attachment 9024531

I keep looking at the 1.2's... Eventually, I will weaken and get a pair.

I currently wear Air Maxes. They have done good to my feet and held its end through the time I am on the course.

Follow up question - does anyone know if there's anywhere you can buy/try on True Linkswear shoes? I am assuming the answer is no where but figured I'd ask.

I went to PGA Superstore this weekend and really liked the Ecco S-Three.

Follow up question - does anyone know if there's anywhere you can buy/try on True Linkswear shoes? I am assuming the answer is no where but figured I'd ask.

I went to PGA Superstore this weekend and really liked the Ecco S-Three.
As far as I know, Tue Linkswear is online only. They do have a 30-day return/exchange policy, though - if they're in new condition it's free shipping, if you've played in them and they're in worn condition there's a $9 fee.

Back