Best "spikeless" Shoe with Traction

dixonterp10

Reaction score
Handicap
I have not made the switch to spikeless yet and still love my spiked shoes (Have the UA Drive Ones and Speith 2's, both comfortable). But playing in 95 degree plus heat the last two rounds, I am interested in a lighterweight spikeless shoe. My biggest concerns are traction and many times it is humid and the ground is wet, so enough waterproofing for wet grounds.

Thank you for your recommendations!

I just wrote an other post about Puma's Ignite NXT shoes. I've got their Solelace version and its awesome, much like you I was very concerned with traction as I've always worn spikes. But these have plenty, and have done well in very dewy morning. And walking in them is a whole different experience!
1595431795223.png

I love my Ecco Biom Hybrid 3 GTX's. I have two pair that I use in my early morning rounds and my feet are nice and dry and no slippage.

1595432081578.png

these have been an awesome purchase... might be a little tight but they are being stretched as I type... sooo comfy with the Fitsole insert.

I just picked these up a couple of weeks ago and have been extremely impressed and happy with the traction the shoe has. The traction is exponentially better than what I had with the Nike Roshe.

Recent ones I've used

Jordan ADGs - better than some spiked shoes I've had.

Puma ignite NXT - comfy, but pretty much slip every time I wear them, relegated mostly to practice.

I too slipped with the NXTs and sold mine as 'like new' after 2 rounds. I've steered very clear of that kind of sole design across all manufacturers since. I really love the stubs on my Ecco street retros though. They get really good grip. So I order some Moneymakers on Sat based on theirs being similar.

I too slipped with the NXTs and sold mine as 'like new' after 2 rounds. I've steered very clear of that kind of sole design across all manufacturers since. I really love the stubs on my Ecco street retros though. They get really good grip. So I order some Moneymakers on Sat based on theirs being similar.
You will like the Moneymakers. Definitely one of the better spikeless shoes.

I just wrote an other post about Puma's Ignite NXT shoes. I've got their Solelace version and its awesome, much like you I was very concerned with traction as I've always worn spikes. But these have plenty, and have done well in very dewy morning. And walking in them is a whole different experience!
View attachment 8954560

And they're stylish too.

I've only worn New Balance in spikeless, and the traction has been better than I ever expected.

If you want the comfort of spikeless but everything that spikes can bring to your game, I'd go with Sqairz. Yes they have a few spikes on each foot but I do not feel them at all. Since I got my pair on June 1 I have played 32 rounds of golf. I have worn my pair of Sqairz every round but one. I just love what they bring to my game.

I just bought a pair of Adidas CodeChaos that I'll pop back into this thread with some feedback on after my next couple rounds... They are supposed to be super comfortable with great traction.

The best traction of the spikeless options I’ve tried have been the FJ Pro SL.

UnderArmours have worked well enough for me too. I currently have the Hovr Fade SL.

I have the FJs currently. They do have great traction but for me, not super comfortable.

Love my Sketchers

True Linkswear TL-01 are the best I have found. Very lightweight (under 8 oz. each), leather waterproof uppers, aggressive tread on the soles. I walk all rounds and they are crazy comfortable. Have 2 pairs and the 3rd is scheduled to arrive Friday.

I find the Nikes run about 1/2 size smaller, so I have to go up a bit on their training shoes. Is it similar in their golf shoes?

Thanks.

Yeah - I had a pair of Nike Roches that were my size but so narrow I could barely wear them.

I love my Nike shoes I utilize for HIIT workouts, the only reason I didn't like the Air Max's was the large heel to toe drop off. The Infinithy Pro, does it keep water out on wet mornings?

I’ve yet to find a pair of spikeless shoes where I have issues with traction. Whatever you go for, I think you’ll be fine. For comfort, the Adidas Code Chaos have been by far the best shoes I’ve owned. Look great too.

Have a pair of FJ Arc SL that are surprising comfortable, offer excellent traction and for me, no slipping. My sketchers offer excellent traction as well. Puma Grip Fusion are super comfortable in 95+. Also were fine in morning dew traction. Wouldn’t wear them on real wet fairways though as they’re not waterproof.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

View attachment 8954560

+1 for these. I have two pair and are really comfortable. Also the Cuater Moneymakers are really comfortable and offer some of the best traction for any spikeless shoe I've used.

I have purchased 4 different brands of spike less shoes over the last 5 years. Adidas,Callaway,True Linkswear and Oakley Although very comfortable, my feet slip in all of them. I think I have learned a lesson, for me anyway,

True Linkswear OGs (Originals). Great traction, super comfortable, and waterproof with a 2-year guarantee.

Back