Best Tech Fiber Shirts?

JR

Reaction score
Handicap
Hey guys,

I am looking for opinions on different moisture wick/anti odor fabrics. Who has the best lineup? Price is not a huge issue, as I only plan to buy one or two, but given this info, durability is. I have an under armor, but I have worn it three or four times, and it is already falling apart. Just looking for some opinions, cause it gets really hot in the summers around here.

My personal favorites are the Adidas lineup, never had a problem with them...

Fila, Nike, Adidas, Sligo, Cleveland Classics. All are great and will give you some options as far as style goes.

Okay, like I said, durability is the main priority here. I prefer a more classic, subdued style, so that isn't very hard to find. I know JB raves about Sligo, maybe I can pick up one of the Mentor shirts or something.
Fila, Nike, Adidas, Sligo, Cleveland Classics. All are great and will give you some options as far as style goes.

Hard to beat Cleveland Classics for durability and classic style. Same with the Nike Dri Fit line to an extent, but CC makes GREAT shirts.

Cool. I like the look of their shirts a lot. Right up my alley actually. Any problems with colors fadeing or anything?
Hard to beat Cleveland Classics for durability and classic style. Same with the Nike Dri Fit line to an extent, but CC makes GREAT shirts.

If classic and subdued are what you are looking for, Cleveland Classics is really hard to beat in terms of quality and durability. Their materials are great and incredibly soft for technical materials (wicking).

Alright, two thumbs up I guess. CC it is. They certainly look the best (to me).
If classic and subdued are what you are looking for, Cleveland Classics is really hard to beat in terms of quality and durability. Their materials are great and incredibly soft for technical materials (wicking).

The only drawback with CC shirts I found is if you have fair skin. The shirts I've owned were tan through and offered zero SPF protection. If you have skin issues you'll want to apply sunscreen to your chest and back. That's no fun and the reason I don't wear my CC shirts anymore.

I can speak from experience and my favorites are Nike and adidas. There are so many good ones out there. I just tend to stay away from anything that has too much cotton in it.

Despite my THP addiction, I actually have pretty dark skin, so I don't think this will be an issue. Thanks for the suggestions, though.
The only drawback with CC shirts I found is if you have fair skin. The shirts I've owned were tan through and offered zero SPF protection. If you have skin issues you'll want to apply sunscreen to your chest and back. That's no fun and the reason I don't wear my CC shirts anymore.

I can speak from experience and my favorites are Nike and adidas. There are so many good ones out there. I just tend to stay away from anything that has too much cotton in it.

They do have a couple of versions that have the SPF protection in them as well. Not sure (on memory) which ones they are though. I will email them now.

aggro, i really like the antigua line myself. i have some sligo gear and it's awesome, i have some nike and adidas gear and it's awesome, but if you're looking for light weight, soft, moisture wicking, you may want to check that line out for sure. in fact, snag up a THP shirt, antigua makes them and they're great.

aggro, i really like the antigua line myself. i have some sligo gear and it's awesome, i have some nike and adidas gear and it's awesome, but if you're looking for light weight, soft, moisture wicking, you may want to check that line out for sure. in fact, snag up a THP shirt, antigua makes them and they're great.

That is another great option TC. Great shirts, very durable, light weight and wicking....And of course has the THP logo on it.

I have shirts by Ashworth, Mizuno, Greg Norman & Cutter & Buck that I have been very happy with. I tend to favor Ashworth.

Hmm, okay, thanks TC. And the THP logo just seals the deal, hehe.
That is another great option TC. Great shirts, very durable, light weight and wicking....And of course has the THP logo on it.

Hmm, okay, thanks TC. And the THP logo just seals the deal, hehe.

and trust me when i tell you that the XL is plenty big enough. i'm 6'4'' and ain't a small cookie and the XL is perfect.

I'll echo cleveland classics for classic styling and price. I can't comment on durability.

look for Donald Ross. they have AWESOME fabrics and the price is decent. they hold up as good as any other. green grass only though.

RLX is my personal favorite for tech. pricey though. ashworth's tech is pretty good too.

I have shirts by Ashworth, Mizuno, Greg Norman & Cutter & Buck that I have been very happy with. I tend to favor Ashworth.

For those that are Ashworth fans, they are completely relaunching the entire line later this month. New designs, new materials, and new construction. Keep your eyes out for that.

They do have a couple of versions that have the SPF protection in them as well. Not sure (on memory) which ones they are though. I will email them now.
Good to know. I was really bummed when I got home after wearing mine and I was a slight shade of crimson, not a good look for me.

That's great news. I've always liked Ashworth but felt that recently their designs and especially their materials were severely lacking behind other product offerings
For those that are Ashworth fans, they are completely relaunching the entire line later this month. New designs, new materials, and new construction. Keep your eyes out for that.

Thanks for the heads up JB. That is good news to me.

For the really hot days, my favorite is a Kartel polo (non-pique version).

I really like Sunice shirts. Especially the one's with Silver in the fabric. Great for odour prevention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree, the Antigua shirts are great. I have a boatload of shirts from lots of different brands, but the THP ones are the shirts that get the most use by far based on comfort.

Back