Best Training Aid at the PGA Show!

SwingWing Golf

Reaction score
Handicap
According to Marcus Edblad, the SwingWing was the best training aid at the PGA Show this year. Who is Marcus Edblad you ask? Until 3 days ago, I had no clue. I was at the PGA Show, sort of introducing my SwingWing to the golf world, when all of a sudden this Swedish guy pulls over and starts talking up a storm with me. He say's he has seen my product, and the video at my website and he thinks it is a terrific idea. He tells me that he thinks the "Little One" (7 iron with a tiny club face) is the 2nd best product at the show... but for training to hit the ball further, the SwingWing is, in his mind, the best product at the show!!

Lot's of stragglers were complimenting me on the SwingWing, so I was not terribly impressed. I asked him who he was and why was he at the show. He told me his name was Marcus Edblad and that he has a training academy in Sweden. He bought a SwingWing, and then told me he would be ordering between 50 and 100 per year going forward... another order! Then as a matter of courtesy and to acknowledge my appreciation that he is now a customer, I had a passerby snap a photo of us on my iphone. Can't really see the SwingWing too well, but what can I say.

Three days later (Monday) I was going through cards from the show and came upon Marcus' card. I googled his name just to see what his credentials are, and it floored me what I saw:

Marcus Edblad: Swedish Long Drive Record Holder - 432 Meters (oh, about 475 yards). 25 times top 10 on European Longdrive Tour. AN ANIMAL!!!

So now you know who Marcus Edblad is, and although not a sponsor of SwingWing Golf, he now owns a SwingWing, and he is of the opinion that Wind-Resistance training works and the SwingWing can help any golfer add distance to their game. It's only $29.99 (only $19.99 until Saturday) at my site, and if you don't like it --- send it back for a refund of the cost plus shipping both ways. http://www.swingwinggolf.com

Congratulations! And thanks for sending a SwingWing to THP forum tester Hanks. Looking forward to his feedback on what seems to be a very good product for increasing swing speed.

Sounds like a solid product, I am anxious to hear a review from Hanks. Thanks.

Definitely made a difference... It felt like it added power to my drives.

Seems like a pretty solid training aid for an awesome price! Can't wait to hear the reviews!

I'll detail this more in my review (which will be turned in early next week) but this works on ALL clubs pretty well and not just on woods, hybrids, and irons.

Congratulations! And thanks for sending a SwingWing to THP forum tester Hanks. Looking forward to his feedback on what seems to be a very good product for increasing swing speed.

Sounds like a solid product, I am anxious to hear a review from Hanks. Thanks.

I'll detail this more in my review (which will be turned in early next week) but this works on ALL clubs pretty well and not just on woods, hybrids, and irons.

Hanks, I am interested to hear your thoughts on this

Looks like a handy tool. Can't wait to hear the final word on it from Hanks.

Thanks for sending one in for Hanks to test. I look forward to his detailed feedback on this.

Good for you SW G, that is a pretty impressive unsolicited endorsement. Looking forward to hearing/reading/seeing Hanks uncoming review.

Thanks to all who have chimed in. And Hanks, thanks for testing the SwingWing. Yep, it can be used on any club, but the longer the club, the more resistance you will feel. And one other thing, try it as an Impact Ball replacement, a bunch of pros at the PGA Show thought it worked even better than the Impact ball, and you can let some air out of it for a perfect fit, no matter what your size. So that's what the pros were saying, I can't honestly say I've tried the Impact ball, or really used the SwingWing in that way. I just use it to warm-up before playing, and it if nothing else, it's certainly good for that. Chow for now. Dan from SwingWing Golf

I saw our friend Cookie ordered one of these. I'm looking forward to hearing his feedback along with what Hanks has to say.

I saw our friend Cookie ordered one of these. I'm looking forward to hearing his feedback along with what Hanks has to say.

Yes, I ordered one this morning and will definitely provide feedback in the review thread. Primary use will be warming up on the first tee for those after work rounds.

Also curious to see how it helps to feel the lag and hopefully build some additional power.

Tappin' from CM's iPad!

Looking forward to hearing what Hanks and Cookie have to say, it looks like something I would be interested in.

Ripper, and all others. I have tried to keep up and work a blog or two, not to mention the retail and wholesale efforts that are so fun to engage in. I've decided to really have a go at this, the SwingWing, and in order to do so need to raise my price - effective Saturday - to $29.99. Why? So I can commit funds to brand it, and potentially have an endorsement deal. In the end of the day, the product may sell itself, but after 6 months trying myself, well I need to throw a lot more $$ at this to compete with the heavies. So Ripper, no risk if you're interested. Order one now and return it for a complete refund if it's not your cup of tea. I'll even send you the shipping charges back both ways, and I see you're in Mexico - yes? Shipping is only $7.49, my cost, if you checkout at my website. Why did I say "if", it's the only place you can order and have it shipped to Mexico! Just saying, in two days I need to change my price, it's a commitment I made with my wholesalers when I raised the price earlier this week. Even so, the SwingWing is worth $29.99 - no kidding.

I really think there needs to be a step back in these threads. This is no offense to the company or the poster from the company, but THP does ask people to not openly sell a product. We have never asked a company to stop posting on THP. There is nothing wrong with discussing golf and certainly nothing wrong with talking about this game we all love and products we all love to others of like interests. But when the entire goal of posting is to do nothing more than sell a product, it is a fine line between that and what most consider the actual definition of spam.

Now I am not accusing the company of that, but I do think it comes off aggressive to some and if not aggressive, certainly constant.

Yes, I ordered one this morning and will definitely provide feedback in the review thread. Primary use will be warming up on the first tee for those after work rounds.

Also curious to see how it helps to feel the lag and hopefully build some additional power.

Tappin' from CM's iPad!
I invented it 9 years ago, put most of the prototypes in the attic, and have always kept one in my bag. I love to golf, I don't personally train - wish I did. But I've used it for 9 years to warm-up before playing, or before hitting a bucket. Trust me, no matter what else, you'll love how it helps to loosen up before playing. Really, you'll love it. Dan

Still waiting for a product that people on here aren't excited to try. This seems extremely basic, nothing more than wind resistance, and not worth the money, yet everyone thinks it is amazing and can't wait to try it.

Sometimes things just aren't that great!!!

Still waiting for a product that people on here aren't excited to try. This seems extremely basic, nothing more than wind resistance, and not worth the money, yet everyone thinks it is amazing and can't wait to try it.

Sometimes things just aren't that great!!!

I think golfers in general want to try everything. Find out what works and report back the details. Nothing wrong with being excited to try things in my opinion.

I think golfers in general want to try everything. Find out what works and report back the details. Nothing wrong with being excited to try things in my opinion.

^this! Personally, I want to improve my golf game. Thus, I am excited to try anything (reasonably priced) to try to do so. Obviously not everything works, but sometimes the best products are the most simple ones.

I really think there needs to be a step back in these threads. This is no offense to the company or the poster from the company, but THP does ask people to not openly sell a product. We have never asked a company to stop posting on THP. There is nothing wrong with discussing golf and certainly nothing wrong with talking about this game we all love and products we all love to others of like interests. But when the entire goal of posting is to do nothing more than sell a product, it is a fine line between that and what most consider the actual definition of spam.

Now I am not accusing the company of that, but I do think it comes off aggressive to some and if not aggressive, certainly constant.
I totally agree with this, as I have seen no other posts from this member than those promoting this product. 100% of his posts are about this product. It's really been bothering me for a long time.

When does common sense come into play? Not every gimmick is the next best thing!

It doesn't really matter. I hope this works for everyone.

When does common sense come into play? Not every gimmick is the next best thing!

It doesn't really matter. I hope this works for everyone.

What is wrong with people wanting to try everything and anything and then put their positive or negative stamp on them? I guess I just dont see the problem with being excited to try things out.

Without the excitement life is mundane and frankly I dont want that for my golfing life. Sometimes by assuming something is "blah", you miss out on some special things that you might never try otherwise.

For the record, I have not seen a whole lot of any of this in this thread, except from teh guy that created the product and is obviously trying to garner excitement for it.

What is wrong with people wanting to try everything and anything and then put their positive or negative stamp on them? I guess I just dont see the problem with being excited to try things out.

Without the excitement life is mundane and frankly I dont want that for my golfing life. Sometimes by assuming something is "blah", you miss out on some special things that you might never try otherwise.

For the record, I have not seen a whole lot of any of this in this thread, except from teh guy that created the product and is obviously trying to garner excitement for it.

The excitement to try new things out isn't the problem. The problem is the excitement to try every new thing out. Why is every product the next best thing? When does a person step back and think this is nothing more than a gimmick?

It really doesn't matter, JB, this is what fuels everything in the golf industry whether it be some gimmick product or new clubs released every 4 months. It's all good.

The excitement to try new things out isn't the problem. The problem is the excitement to try every new thing out. Why is every product the next best thing? When does a person step back and think this is nothing more than a gimmick?

It really doesn't matter, JB, this is what fuels everything in the golf industry whether it be some gimmick product or new clubs released every 4 months. It's all good.
I think the problem here is someone using the forum to promote his product. Twelve total posts, twelve posts about this product.

Back