kiwichris

Team Smoked Charcuterie
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
Hi all, about to head out on our Christmas vacation and the sticks are coming with me. This will probably be the last trip for my current travel bag so thinking of replacing and what better community to get advice from than here?

Hard vs Soft case?
Best brand? I've had a Bag Boy and Golfers Club before in soft case version.

I really like my Caddy Daddy Constrictor 2 bag. Performed great the 1 trip I have used it for so far. (y)

I've used a Caddy Daddy soft case for years without any issue. I also use a stiff arm in there for extra protection.

I have the Subtle Patriot Covert travel cover. It's got plenty of room (assuming you aren't toting a staff bag or cart bag of similar size) and has a separate cap compartment built-in that is the cat's meow. It's got 6 wheels which make it very easy to move, either stand-up or pull behind.

Sun Mountain Clubglider

Had mine for 3 years and numerous trips for myself and lent it to others. Still rolls as easy as the day I bought it and there's usually enough room in the Meridian for a carry bag & a pair (or two depending on model) of shoes.

I also would like to throw out a recommendation for the Caddy Daddy Constrictor 2. This thing is great quality and has so much room to pack some extras. Add in the North Pole extra and you’ll be golden for a hell of a price

Last Bag Collegiate w/ Stiff Arm

Protected clubs for many flights. Lots of extra room.

I have used Club Glove Last Bag for years and so far (knock on wood) my clubs have always come through unscathed.

You might also consider shipsticks.com. Saves the hassle and is more reliable in my opinion. I have had a few trips where my clubs didn't make it until the day after I arrived when I checked them. You still need a bag or a box to ship, but better than dragging through the airport.

Been using the Ping Travel Bag. It has four spinner wheels and as well as two pull wheels, so you pull or push it standing up. Has straps that help it fold down.

Sun Mountain Clubglider

Had mine for 3 years and numerous trips for myself and lent it to others. Still rolls as easy as the day I bought it and there's usually enough room in the Meridian for a carry bag & a pair (or two depending on model) of shoes.

+1 Club Glider is the best travel bag.

I love the Glider but after going through 3 of them in 3 years due to bad quality I have switched to Bag Boy Freestyle

I’ve always used a Club Glove with a stiff arm to keep the heads from absorbing any impacts.

Last Bag Collegiate w/ Stiff Arm

Protected clubs for many flights. Lots of extra room.

I bought bag this 2 years ago and love it. Also use a stiff arm

I love the Glider but after going through 3 of them in 3 years due to bad quality I have switched to Bag Boy Freestyle

That looks sweet. I'll have to check that out if my collegiate ever wears out (y)

Another recommendation for the Caddy Daddy Constrictor with a stiff arm. It's held up great on Southwest.

I have had 3 different over the years and my favorite has been the Sun Mountain Clubglider. My wife will not accept anything else unless it has similar wheel design.

I will never not use the Glider.

Going on 6 years with mine and not one single issue.

What issues did you see with them?

I will never not use the Glider.

Going on 6 years with mine and not one single issue.

Same experience for me.

Have a Club Glove that has held up for many uses for 20 years

Another vote for the Sun Mountain Club Glider. I travel a lot for work and for the past 3 years it has accompanied me on a lot of trips with 0 issues. Pulling it through the airport with my pinky finger!

I just have the cheap Club Champ travel bag from Walmart with a club glove stiff arm from Dicks. I love it because it has a place for my shoes in the front pocket. I’ve used this bag for the last 8 years with about 6-7 flights per year. Have never had a problem, am still using it, and it is still in perfect shape.

I bought an Ogio straight jacket 12 or 13 years ago. It makes 2 or 3 trips every year and the only repair I've had to do was replace one of the aluminum vent grommets.

If I was going to buy another travel bag today it would probably be a CG Last Bag - that things looks indestructible.

I've been looking into getting the Vice Golf travel bag and it looks neat. Anyone have any input? Thanks !!

Back