Best value in a used driver for a teen?

SouthernShred

'16 Grandaddy Champ - Team Unity
Reaction score
Handicap
To clarify, my son just caved in the driver that came with his Strata set of clubs I bought him. He's 14 and grown man size and isn't remotely through growing...I'd like to snag something for him that is one or two seasons old that will serve him for the next year at least and I don't have to worry about him caving it in as he's apparently developing Shred-esque swing speeds while I'm decreasing mine lol. Very forgiving is my main requirement.

In my head I'm considering GBB, 2016 M2, 915D, etc...I really don't want to spend more than $150.

X2Hot or 2016 M2 would be solid. I would also consider an F7.

Great Big Bertha or XR16. I think the latter of those can be had for under your budget on CPO if you wait a little bit for a 25% of or so. Also consider Fly Z too.

Like father like son. I would say let him use one of yours you're not currently using but if he has your appetite for destruction that may be a bad idea.

How about XR 16. Stupid forgiving and still very long. $130bright now from CPO but it ends today.

I see "Shredding" drivers is a genetic trait.

Cobra Fly Z or Great Big Bertha would be starting points for me.

From what I have played, GBB is one that comes to mind that is forgiving and affordable. Still have mine around and take it out on occasions and really don't skip much of a beat in comparison to the Epic. Using same shaft in both, distance is pretty equal for me and dispersion slightly better with the Epic.

F6 or F7 should fit the bill, likewise with the XR16.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anything Cobra is going to be a great deal.

To clarify, my son just caved in the driver that came with his Strata set of clubs I bought him. He's 14 and grown man size and isn't remotely through growing...I'd like to snag something for him that is one or two seasons old that will serve him for the next year at least and I don't have to worry about him caving it in as he's apparently developing Shred-esque swing speeds while I'm decreasing mine lol. Very forgiving is my main requirement.

In my head I'm considering GBB, 2016 M2, 915D, etc...I really don't want to spend more than $150.

I have an F7 head I’m happy to send you for him. Think I have a cobra tip also. Just needs a shaft.

I'd go XR16, they can be had for a song on CPO and they're extremely forgiving! My 11 y/o is gaming a women's version cut down a couple inches and he crushes it for a little guy of about 5' tall.

I have an F7 head I’m happy to send you for him. Think I have a cobra tip also. Just needs a shaft.

And you are amazing...thanks man.

Nike Vapor Speed is as good or better than anything I’ve seen on here in terms of forgiveness, is very cool looking, and can probably be had for 100 bucks.

Should be able to find a gbb on eBay for like 80$. Search callaway pre owned on eBay. Their deals are great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like JohnSinVA is hooking you up, but if that doesn't work out, I'd go GBB or XR16 from CPO if i were in your shoes.

Back