Qwkz51

El Conquistador
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
As someone who is completely lost with my swing currently, I need some helpfrom you! Post up the YouTube video that has really clicked for you. Maybe it will be that spark that turns my game around. Thanks!

I wish I could help you but I am anti YouTube swing video for issues. I firmly believe the only real fix is to find a good pro and have them look at it.

It's not on YouTube, I think it's on GolfPass, I know it's on Amazon and usually eBay, but the Jim McLean Building Block Approach has proven to be tremendously helpful for me:

As someone who is completely lost with my swing currently, I need some helpfrom you! Post up the YouTube video that has really clicked for you. Maybe it will be that spark that turns my game around. Thanks!
Curious, what would you say you ate struggling most with? Any tendencies?

I wish I could help you but I am anti YouTube swing video for issues. I firmly believe the only real fix is to find a good pro and have them look at it.

I think this is a valid point. The video series I mentioned is very good for promoting fundamentals. I found two mistakes in my backswing, and my ballstriking improved. I know at some point, I will need lessons to improve my game further.

Curious, what would you say you ate struggling most with? Any tendencies?
I'm committed to working with an online instructor to improve my swing currently. The purpose of this thread was general improvement. More to see if there were any videos/YouTube instructors anyone leaned on. If I listed my issues in single post, I might be able to put the forum over that 7 million mark :ROFLMAO:

kevin kisner's chipping...

This video was a lightbulb moment for me this year:

I'm committed to working with an online instructor to improve my swing currently. The purpose of this thread was general improvement. More to see if there were any videos/YouTube instructors anyone leaned on. If I listed my issues in single post, I might be able to put the forum over that 7 million mark :ROFLMAO:
Sorry to sound negative, but if you are already working with an online instructor, why would you look elsewhere for improvement? Isn't that the job of the instructor?

I would expect the instructor to have a plan of how to improve your game, and by you looking at other videos you could potentially compromise what he is trying to do

Personally I think online instruction and Youtube videos are not a good way to improve, but that is just my opinion

In that case, I suppose you want to review your "fundamentals."

Start with your grip. IMO it is the foundation for a good swing. If you get that wrong, the building will fall.

Next, check your posture and alignment.

Tempo consistency. May also be worth trying to get a lesson on a launch monitor to confirm your launch conditions.

There is a guy on the tube named Clay Ballard. I think he does a pretty nice job in his videos.

Don't have a specific one, and I know he's polarizing, but Crossfield has had a lot of good content on the swing with drills to help out.

I don’t have any specific videos that I use as my “go to” resources so I can’t help you there. Good luck in your search though!

Sorry to sound negative, but if you are already working with an online instructor, why would you look elsewhere for improvement? Isn't that the job of the instructor?

I would expect the instructor to have a plan of how to improve your game, and by you looking at other videos you could potentially compromise what he is trying to do

Personally I think online instruction and Youtube videos are not a good way to improve, but that is just my opinion
Because I'm trying to help push post numbers while keeping it golf related. ;)
I think there are some YouTube videos that can help members and why not compile Hackers favorites in one spot?

Eric Cogorno has some great videos!

I have worked with Monte Scheinblum in the past. He has a ton of great videos on youtube as well as some instructional videos you can buy through his site. I love the way he breaks down the swing. Not super technical and seems to have a good understanding on common flaws and how each portion of the golf swing can effect different things.

If you don’t get this right then everything else you watch is a waste of time.

Keep grinding...there’s no silver bullet. 😉 It’s all about getting the Feedback you need

If you don’t get this right then everything else you watch is a waste of time.

Keep grinding...there’s no silver bullet. 😉 It’s all about getting the Feedback you need

Really good Matt. And as you mentioned the key to this is repetition to make it become habit, but also to not get into bad habits by repeating the wrong things. The other thing is to work out the swing in sub-steps vs. "hitting". I tend to use learning the piano as being similar to golf. Would someone who struggles playing "Mary Had a Little Lamb" try to play the below straight-through, or would they need to work through each measure...note by note? Can anyone guess what song this is? LOL.

moonlight.jpg

Has anyone else tried this drill? It’s almost impossible for me. Lol.

I can see the benefits from it however.
I have tried this and it works very well. Another way to approach this is to think of, or be aware of the right wrist flexion. The right wrist will be fully flexed back...again which is why flippers might find this drill difficult. So I think of increasing right wrist flexion during the drill. If you've ever used a Greg Norman "Secret" it helps to accomplish the same type of position while actually hitting balls. I use that training aid for sand and chip shots too. The right hand (for me) can easily get too over-anxious and when I wear the Secret and it feels weird I know my right had has been over-engaged.

In that case, I suppose you want to review your "fundamentals."

Start with your grip. IMO it is the foundation for a good swing. If you get that wrong, the building will fall.

Next, check your posture and alignment.

Tempo consistency. May also be worth trying to get a lesson on a launch monitor to confirm your launch conditions.

There is a guy on the tube named Clay Ballard. I think he does a pretty nice job in his videos.

After years of looking, this guy, Clay Ballard, at topspeedgolf, gives detail that is free. If one would opt for his $77 for a year and get all of his vids, many would be helpful.

I go to a live instructor but I have found that most instructors are not that detailed - "swing faster, swing left, club higher, use the ground, jump, get your weight to the front, open up" - that's not detail. I ask a lot of questions and ask him to "show me what you mean" and he does. Clay follows a lot of what my instructor states - so I do learn from his vids. As long as it is in line with what my instructor has said, I'm good.

I've looked at others, but no thank you.

I have tried this and it works very well. Another way to approach this is to think of, or be aware of the right wrist flexion. The right wrist will be fully flexed back...again which is why flippers might find this drill difficult. So I think of increasing right wrist flexion during the drill. If you've ever used a Greg Norman "Secret" it helps to accomplish the same type of position while actually hitting balls. I use that training aid for sand and chip shots too. The right hand (for me) can easily get too over-anxious and when I wear the Secret and it feels weird I know my right had has been over-engaged.
I agree that the drill is more difficult for those of us who need it most. Even if the drill makes a small difference in the right direction, it's better than not trying it.

I had never heard of the "Secret" training aid, but I was focusing on bending my trail wrist back and holding it as long as possible. The hands either have to be very far ahead at impact, or they have to come up abruptly to hold that position. With slo-mo I could see the flip even if it was at or after contact. I'll continue to work on it because I think improvement with this is absolutely necessary for better ballstriking.

In my uninformed opinion, maybe if the wrists are in the correct position, some of the other things necessary for good impact naturally occur as we try to hit the ball well.

Back