Best/worst cartoon to live action movie

Qwkz51

El Conquistador
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Scrolling thru Amazon prime video I noticed the Masters of the universe movie(holy hell that was terrible) and I wondered what THP's ranking would be.
My personal ones:
Best: Transformers series
Worst: Popeye with Robin Williams

Are you talking strictly cartoons or do you include anime in on this rating?

TMNT was the best.

The first Transformers was fun. It went down hill from there (with a small bump at #3) I worked on a few of them, and they were a s*iT show. Does Transformers count as it was a toy before it was a cartoon? Pretty sure the cartoon existed only to sell the toys.

GI Joe, I felt was a good movie, as was it's sequel. Far more enjoyable than Transformers for me. Also a toy/tv show/advertisment.

Dragon Ball live action was positively horrific. Some things just don't translate from cartoon to big screen...

Speed Racer movie was a BIG disappointment to me! As a kid that was my favorite cartoon but the live movie sucked!
Great

very bad!

The recent Jungle Book live action movie was pretty good!

TMNT was the best.

The first Transformers was fun. It went down hill from there (with a small bump at #3) I worked on a few of them, and they were a s*iT show. Does Transformers count as it was a toy before it was a cartoon? Pretty sure the cartoon existed only to sell the toys.

GI Joe, I felt was a good movie, as was it's sequel. Far more enjoyable than Transformers for me. Also a toy/tv show/advertisment.

The sequel to GI Joe was horrid..

Are you talking strictly cartoons or do you include anime in on this rating?
I've never seen an anime film, but sure!

Street Fighter was pretty bad:ROFLMAO:
Mortal Combat wasn't good either:ROFLMAO:
Super Mario Brothers was an abomination:sick:

I would rank Super Mario brothers and Popeye as the two worst.

I'll need to think on the best ones.

Remind me what it was again? I think I liked it, but now I'm questioning if I've even seen it.

It was pretty bad... It had the Rock ( but really what doesn't anymore).... They killed off Duke in a stupid way 5 min in and it was down hill from there. Killing off a main character is not a big deal as it can be a motivator for the movie.. They took all of 2 min to try and build a a relationship between him and the Rock as bros but then it was never brought up again..

Street Fighter was pretty bad:ROFLMAO:
Mortal Combat wasn't good either:ROFLMAO:
Super Mario Brothers was an abomination:sick:

I think this might have to be my all-time choice. What an absurd movie.

Inspector Gadget and Garfield also come to mind.

I've never seen an anime film, but sure!

You mean a live action one or any anime film? No Ghost in the Shell for example?

I think this might have to be my all-time choice. What an absurd movie.

Inspector Gadget and Garfield also come to mind.

THere are sooo many bad attemps.. I think there are very few good movies that originated this way.. They end up shlocky and ham fisted..

good ones that tough
bad ones id say super mario or flintstones

he-man masters of the universe starring dolph lundgren!

You mean a live action one or any anime film? No Ghost in the Shell for example?
Nope. Neither. If I've seen a live action anime, I didn't know it was previously made as anime.

Does it have to be cartoon or can it be comic book or similar?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does it have to be cartoon or can it be comic book or similar?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I guess it can be whatever!

Oh man...my kid has been obsessed with Woody Woodpecker....which I guess is a live action hybrid type movie. But man it's horrible. I cringe every time she makes us watch it.

Back