Bettinardi HLX 3.0 Wedges

GraniteRoost

Flying Rocks
Albatross 2023 Club Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
6 Grint
Just announced - Bettinardi's Third Generation Wedges. What do you think?

DESCRIPTION
Robert J. Bettinardi has taken his wedge line to a new level of performance with a total redesign of technology and appearance in his all-new HLX 3.0. Introducing the HLX 3.0, engineered and crafted from Soft Carbon Steel, a change from Robert’s previous H2 wedge line, aimed to provide players a much softer feel at impact, with a focus on greater versatility, control, and increased forgiveness for every variety of wedge shot needed - from approach to greenside lies.
C-Grind
Robert’s preferred C-Grind was reengineered to promote a higher toe and heel to promote added relief, clean contact, and give the player the most aggressive spin with an all-new face that removed 20% more additional surface metal to allow the ball to move past the center of gravity and produce a more aggressive spin with a more consistent distance control.
RJ-Grind
Robert’s most forgiving wedge line in his patented RJ-Grind wedge. Engineered for the player who seeks increased forgiveness on tight lies and much-needed bounce on square face shots, the HLX 3.0 RJ-Grind wedge with our highest measured bounce for players with a steep angle of attack. The RJ-Grind is the perfect wedge for players who are looking for a higher center of gravity and maximum spin when added control is needed alongside the greens.

Black-Smoke-1_720x.png

Chrome-1_720x.png

I actually really like that honeycomb on the front of the club.

Price isn't outrageous either.

A little busy for my tastes.

I have to admit I didn’t know there was a Gen 1 and Gen 2. I am only familiar with the putters.

I think these look really clean. The sole appears to have nice milling similar to TM, the back flange and shaping looks simple and effective, and I like the signature honeycomb milling on the back of the blade. I also tip the appearance at address... the wedge has nice overall lines. Knurling on the hosel is :love:

I am probaably not a customer at $190, as I'm not sure what these offer as compared to others i.e. RTX-4 or Equalizer for the price. But for Bettinardi fans or someone simply wanting something a little different, these are a nice option that is more rare.

That Betti honeycomb pattern would look awesome on anything!

Really nice looking. As always more bounce options would be awesome.

I'll be heading back to CC in a week or two to do a fitting for my wedges, these Bettinardi wedges will be on my short list. ;)

Bummed °56 only available in high bounce.:(

So what differentiates these from any other muscle back wedge other then the milling? Seems like something only designed for Bettinardi fans.

nice looking design. :cool:

So what differentiates these from any other muscle back wedge other then the milling? Seems like something only designed for Bettinardi fans.

Too bad Bettinardi doesn't have a demo program so we could find out. I don't have a store anywhere near me that carries these that I know of.

The honeycomb is such a goos look. The black satin is really good too. i wonder how durable it is.

i would pay $190 for these

Ooh! Pretty!

They are beautiful. That’s for sure.

Love the black with the honeycomb look. Looks killer.

I didn't even know Bettinardi made wedges. I mean their putters are beautiful, but these look downright sexy as well. Hitting a forged wedge sounds very confidence inspiring in it's own right.

Very nice looking. Seems like boutique wedge makers come and go. These guys have established in the equipment game so I assume they are here to say. Don’t think I would ever play one but I am not a boutique club guy.

Beautiful and not overpriced. I assume these are cast just like the Vokeys & Clevelands and all the other popular wedges?

Nice looking wedges.

Saw these on insta, never heard of them before! WOW these are pleasing to the eye... not so much on the wallet.

Back