Bettinardi Putter Thread

Guessing not many. Most of those ballers have moved on to other companies.

That’s what I had thought. I knew at least one of them had

Anyone know of any leaks of the potential Open cover? They have done a pretty decent job with them this year, and that might be the one I try to pick up. I’m trying to get one from each major, and have a Masters and US open one currently.

Anyone know of any leaks of the potential Open cover? They have done a pretty decent job with them this year, and that might be the one I try to pick up. I’m trying to get one from each major, and have a Masters and US open one currently.
Dunno. But the new Tour logo (Cheshire cat) is badass.

Dunno. But the new Tour logo (Cheshire cat) is badass.

Yes it is. Will be interesting to see how they use it moving forward, but it’s a cool addition.

Bettinardi Putter Thread

I had meant to post this a few months ago but completely forgot. Myndcraft had a contest for a Salty Betti putter grip made of cork and I won it. Threw it on my 2017 Tiki and it looks amazing. The grip weighs next to nothing so it makes the putter head feel really heavy. I can feel the putter head throughout my stroke and it’s actually improved my putting significantly. I put it on because it looked great, but the improvement to my lag putting is a welcomed surprise.
f09a377e930b181f0683e600362a535c.jpg

acd64617b3a321dc5eb6a33afc074d4c.jpg

The Salty grips are fun, definitely a very different feel and balance. Enjoy dude!

I'd really like to try a cork grip. Even with a 350g head, I'd like the head of my putter to feel heavier. Searching...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Well...asked about a potential fitting in a couple of weeks when I'll be in Chicago. We'll see what they say, but I'm extremely interested to see what is going on with my putting and what I should actually be using haha.

Well...asked about a potential fitting in a couple of weeks when I'll be in Chicago. We'll see what they say, but I'm extremely interested to see what is going on with my putting and what I should actually be using haha.

Id love to do a real putter fitting, would be pretty cool (and scary cause of my crappy stroke).

Fitting scheduled. Excited and nervous to do this, as I'm sure now every putter I have will be wrong for me haha

Fitting scheduled. Excited and nervous to do this, as I'm sure now every putter I have will be wrong for me haha

Just means you get to buy something new. Have fun.

Anyone have any information on the Mizuno bettinardi bc 1,2 or 3? I have one and have no idea what it’s worth and if it’s rare or not

Sent from HTX

Anyone have any information on the Mizuno bettinardi bc 1,2 or 3? I have one and have no idea what it’s worth and if it’s rare or not

Sent from HTX

Not rare at all, but solid putters. About a decade ago, Bettinardi and Mizuno had an agreement for Bettinardi to produce them for Mizuno. Was the first exposure I had to the Bettinardi F.I.T. face. Very soft sounding putters. Had 3 or 4 head shapes IIRC

Sent from HTX

Yes. I love them. I've had a BC-1 now for about 9 years or so. I absolutely love it. I wish I could afford other betti's but hey, shes my first and my favorite so far. I love the head weight, the look, the flow neck going into it. WOW. I just recently flamed it myself and it came out great.

IMG_4315.JPGIMG_4311.JPGIMG_4314.JPGIMG_4309.JPGIMG_4310.JPG

So the putter fitting at studio B was pretty sweet. The guys at Betti were also really loving the studio reserve, and I didn’t realize how rare that is to see around here. But for the fitting itself, basically just some quick adjustments, but found out I needed a few degrees upright and also a degree of loft removed from the face. Got my roll started much quicker and showed pretty immediate results on my round afterwords.

Also this.

3c587d2bf5ab55a79dbf690b4c1d0878.jpg

Checking out all of the crazy hive putters was awesome too, and snagged a divot tool for good measure.

So the putter fitting at studio B was pretty sweet.

The Bettinardi thread seems awfully quiet....

At any rate, I wanted to give a BIG 2ND to this comment. I've now been twice (July and October) and the experience was terrific both times. Leonard assisted and he made the visits really wonderful experiences. The primary motivation was to fit my son but I got fit as well - and he was super in helping to shorten and regrip a few putters from our Betti collection as well to work with our fittings. I highly recommend that anyone who loves Bettinardi in the Chicago area or is passing through find some time to stop by, have a fitting and check out the putters/covers, etc. I don't think I'm going to be able to help myself in going every handful of months!

The Bettinardi thread seems awfully quiet....

At any rate, I wanted to give a BIG 2ND to this comment. I've now been twice (July and October) and the experience was terrific both times. Leonard assisted and he made the visits really wonderful experiences. The primary motivation was to fit my son but I got fit as well - and he was super in helping to shorten and regrip a few putters from our Betti collection as well to work with our fittings. I highly recommend that anyone who loves Bettinardi in the Chicago area or is passing through find some time to stop by, have a fitting and check out the putters/covers, etc. I don't think I'm going to be able to help myself in going every handful of months!

For me it’s all about the money. I want to know how much before I go and I’m not willing to fill out a form or call to discuss the prices involved in a standard fitting. No special work done, no bs about shafts, grips, 400 plus dollar divot tools or belt buckles. I just want my purchased used Mizuno by bettinardi bc01 to get custom fit for me. Oddly one can not find this out becyim sure they’re absolutely drooling to get you in there and sell ya the 3k putter, 400 belt buckle and a 300 divot tool. Sure I’d give my left testicle to get those but I live in reality and know I’ll never go because guess what they don’t take body parts. Hahaha.

Sounds like an awesome place and sounds like a special club because it seems those who go once end up going again.

I hear about these events where it’s invite only. These special events the folks get $1,000 swag bags are handed out to those who’ve dropped major coin there. I get the aftermath email saying things like ‘we had an amazing get together last week blah blah.
It always rubs me the wrong way when those who can afford it get it free!
Crazy right?!??!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For me it’s all about the money. I want to know how much before I go and I’m not willing to fill out a form or call to discuss the prices involved in a standard fitting. No special work done, no bs about shafts, grips, 400 plus dollar divot tools or belt buckles. I just want my purchased used Mizuno by bettinardi bc01 to get custom fit for me. Oddly one can not find this out becyim sure they’re absolutely drooling to get you in there and sell ya the 3k putter, 400 belt buckle and a 300 divot tool. Sure I’d give my left testicle to get those but I live in reality and know I’ll never go because guess what they don’t take body parts. Hahaha.

Sounds like an awesome place and sounds like a special club because it seems those who go once end up going again.

I hear about these events where it’s invite only. These special events the folks get $1,000 swag bags are handed out to those who’ve dropped major coin there. I get the aftermath email saying things like ‘we had an amazing get together last week blah blah.
It always rubs me the wrong way when those who can afford it get it free!
Crazy right?!??!

Maybe I've missed other comments on this where there were mentions of buying pressure, but the couple times that I was there, there was zero pressure to buy anything at all, let alone anything super expensive. Granted after seeing the amazingly beautiful Hive putters, I had to exercise my best restraint so as not to destroy my credit card....and ultimately, though successful in not buying putters, I couldn't help myself and purchased a number of "Hive" only covers (most at $75 and $125 - though I told my son that as a prize for his first tournament round in the 60s, he could choose any cover and he chose a really cool 1 of 6 that was $185) and divot tools and ball marks ($75 and $50) - had to pay for new grips for putters that were altered ($20-50; the $50 for an "exotic") - so ultimately each trip wasn't cheap but given the attention and fitting and help in every aspect, I actually felt it was a good value - even more so if you are a collector of Bettinardi items like I am since the items that you can purchase there are not otherwise available for purchase, except on eBay/online and usually for at least 25%-100% more then there. Maybe someday, I will be a buyer of the Hive putters but right now I am not spending $1000-2500 on putters - have to say that they seemed far more superior in creativity, workmanship and detail then the basic Scotty Rats and 009s that sell for $3000-5000 so deals in the scheme of things at least.

I would love to get invited to a summer social but I gather that they have many people who buy numerous high end putters a year from them and that is not likely to be me. At this point, I am happy enough hunting among online sources for interesting regular releases, new and old, and limited release putters as well as covers and other fun items.

Lol. If i got to go I’d prob run up every credit card on the wallet hahaha. Nah. I just came across the post just at a time I pissed over money or lack there of hahaha. I also ranted at golf Digest for only seeming to cater to those with lots of cash.

I bet it’s super awesome. I’ve got my eye set on a full bag fitting from club champion was going to be this year but s$&t happens so maybe 2019 this time since they do the 50%off fitting price.

As much as I would love to buy the Hive putters, I get a kick out of buying interesting older putters like this BB11. Very interesting design - unique even - centered shafted, fully face balanced blade. Anyone know anything about when this was in production?

Attachments

• CCAAB041-2DBD-4C81-A479-610D7E035323.jpeg
    CCAAB041-2DBD-4C81-A479-610D7E035323.jpeg
    279.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 83197E4A-7851-4983-8809-380FE7C51BC0.jpeg
    83197E4A-7851-4983-8809-380FE7C51BC0.jpeg
    259.2 KB · Views: 2
So other than a name what’s the difference in a Ben Hogan branded Bettinardi? I picked one up for $25 and other than it being old and needing a good cleaning I don’t see much difference.

Last edited:
As much as I would love to buy the Hive putters, I get a kick out of buying interesting older putters like this BB11. Very interesting design - unique even - centered shafted, fully face balanced blade. Anyone know anything about when this was in production?

Early 00's, probably 2005-6 or so. I had a BB43 - center shafted blade, very nice.

Is it cool to post Bettinardi clubs/divot tools for sale on this thread? I have a bunch of NOS divot tools that would make great stocking stuffers.

I think the for sale area of the forum is the proper place.
Is it cool to post Bettinardi clubs/divot tools for sale on this thread? I have a bunch of NOS divot tools that would make great stocking stuffers.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Back