Bettinardi Putter Thread

New release for QB8 limited run coming on Thursday, but this is what really captured my eye.

f731df843c054724be8ff51a8a8159be.jpg

....that's hot

I think I need to pull the trigger on this Masters release SS9.

It really needs to happen.

You won't be disappointed.

It will make your golf ball glow...

oElx8HS.jpg

Oh snap, you've got one @Brassie!!!!

Tell me ALL about it!

You know it's face balanced, right? To my eye, it has the perfect flange depth for a blade. Easy to align to your aim line. The copper insert is not too soft or too hard and it has a very satisfying "click" sound when struck. Medium weight at 358 gms. As you would expect, the build quality is superb. Look back about 2 or 3 pages and you can see all my pics of it.

The headcover is fantastic, except I sort of wish it was magnet closed but no biggie. The only downside? when it's in my bag and I'm out with it, I never leave sight of it. So it's a bit of paranoia on my part that it might get lifted.

I got mine with the original box, COA and plastic still on grip and head, after shopping carefully, for $595 + actual shipping cost.

You know it's face balanced, right? To my eye, it has the perfect flange depth for a blade. Easy to align to your aim line. The copper insert is not too soft or too hard and it has a very satisfying "click" sound when struck. Medium weight at 358 gms. As you would expect, the build quality is superb. Look back about 2 or 3 pages and you can see all my pics of it.

The headcover is fantastic, except I sort of wish it was magnet closed but no biggie. The only downside? when it's in my bag and I'm out with it, I never leave sight of it. So it's a bit of paranoia on my part that it might get lifted.

I got mine with the original box, COA and plastic still on grip and head, after shopping carefully, for $595 + actual shipping cost.

Yeah that's the one hangup for me right now. I wasn't sure I wanted to go full FB.
There's another one I am thinking about as well that I believe it a 1/8 toe hang.

I'm the weird one that would get both haha

Yeah that's the one hangup for me right now. I wasn't sure I wanted to go full FB.
There's another one I am thinking about as well that I believe it a 1/8 toe hang.

I'm the weird one that would get both haha
I have one of those StarPro Pro-Am 3x10' practice putting greens in my house. Last night I was experimenting with FB, vs 1/4 TH, vs 1/2 TH, vs Full TH in my putter collection. I'm a slight arc stroke. I did best with the first 3. My 1965 Wilson Staff 8813 is full TH and that one I really have to adjust to before I get the hang of it. My Ping Pal 4 BeCu was 1/2 TH iirc and I did fine with it too, it's just a lot lighter but I'm ok with that. So, apparently, I have a fair amount of latitude on TH. ;) In my case, it's more about the nut behind the wheel and not the car.

I’d put my BB39 up for sale on fleabay a couple of weeks ago, but decided to give it an outing today to say goodbye, have been preferring a mid-mallet size recently.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, I had a fantastic day with it, drained a number of long putts and missed nothing within 6 feet.

So, on the tee at 15th I removed it from eBay.

I’d put my BB39 up for sale on fleabay a couple of weeks ago, but decided to give it an outing today to say goodbye, have been preferring a mid-mallet size recently.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, I had a fantastic day with it, drained a number of long putts and missed nothing within 6 feet.

So, on the tee at 15th I removed it from eBay.
hahaha it's funny how that works, eh?

It's like they know.

Quite. I decided to mention it on a few holes, out loud, whilst holding it. Performed every time.

Anyone see this happen on a BB1? It’s only cosmetic.
A6863416-A996-4E01-8F42-F40FB9ED9C08.jpeg987EECAE-9D6D-4BD0-9573-46EC9C1C3F65.jpeg

This decision making is going to shatter my soul into two.

You know, a fitting might point you in one direction versus the other. Just sayin' :greenalien:

I meant to go for that ball marker, but forgot to check right until they had been up for a couple minutes and missed.

I'm a big fan of that putter. Betti has some pretty dang cool releases.

Just picked this up off of eBay and can’t decide if I love it 100% yet. I really want an anser shape or mallet shape head. What’s everyones opinions on this ol’ 08 bettinardi/mizuno putter?
425123E8-1660-4236-A33D-AE9CACBEA7D4.pngAB693633-6890-43FC-B2EB-8D2EF5E13824.png1E023446-EB78-413B-9EFB-F196D1EF608C.png77950C25-EA50-406B-94BE-DA0FF0CE4CC6.png

that shape has withstood the test of time for sure, but it's definitely personal preference to make that work.

Making any putts with it?

So far have only been able to putt on one of those practice roll out Mat’s. It’s good, I just don’t know if I love it :/

It never ceases to amaze me how much demand there is for the various limited edition stuff. I know a material part of it is resellers, but, wow. I wanted to look at the Bettinardi limited edition release. It went up for sale at 9:00, mountain time. Right at that moment, a call came in. 15 minutes later, it was all sold out.

It never ceases to amaze me how much demand there is for the various limited edition stuff. I know a material part of it is resellers, but, wow. I wanted to look at the Bettinardi limited edition release. It went up for sale at 9:00, mountain time. Right at that moment, a call came in. 15 minutes later, it was all sold out.
Yeah, I think I was 3 minutes late when I checked and only the belt buckle was left

Oh snap, you've got one @Brassie!!!!

Tell me ALL about it!

I've got one too, it is quite possibly the best feeling putter in my stable off the face. The SS9 shape combined with copper inlay has all the feels going on. I love how the SS9 shape set up from the top. Like you, the only slight drawback for me is that it is face balanced, I wish it had some hang. But I liked the head too much to pass up. If we are being honest, it has yet to hit the course as I've been playing various SWAG and Betti blades all year. Carpet inside only so far, but it will get on course soon enough.

Back