Big and Tall Golf Clothing

JR

Reaction score
Handicap
I am a big ole guy. Big enough that most companies don't carry my size in shorts and pants. Shirts are not as big of an issue (I am bottom heavy). I thought I would make this thread as a sort of reference guide for those looking for clothing with a little more.... cloth. Anyone can contribute reviews, suggestions, ect.

I have two pairs of shorts on the way, a pair of Cutter and Buck Gabardine Microfiber shorts and a pair of Tehama Moisture wick shorts. Both were ordered from Davis Big and Tall, which I find to have the best selection of fat man golf apparel. I will review them when they get here. These will be my first pair of "high end" shorts, so forgive me if I get a little poetic with my descriptions.

Below is a list of B&T friendly golf apparel manufacturers. I am including brands that go substantially outside the normal size range on the list, feel free to suggest others.

Cutter and Buck
Tehama
Callaway
Adidas (Shirts, which I find to be cut large in the higher sizes)
Izod
Dockers (They make nice moisture-wick trousers in a wide variety of sizes)
Under Armour (shorts, their Heritage shorts go up to size 50)
Tommy Bahama (not a golf brand, and I don't own any of their clothing, but I have heard their shorts perform nicely, very lightweight)

Great idea for a thread. Since I retired I've notice it's getting harder and harder to find pants or shorts in my size even though I've lost weight. I'll have to check some of the sites you've already researched.

I have two pairs of shorts on the way, a pair of Cutter and Buck Gabardine Microfiber shorts and a pair of Tehama Moisture wick shorts. Both were ordered from Davis Big and Tall, which I find to have the best selection of fluffy man golf apparel. I will review them when they get here.

FIFY

;-)

Davis and Zappos are a great starting point, Davis for the selection, Zappos for the free 1 day shipping. Zappos stocks Cutter & Buck and Tommy Bahama.
Great idea for a thread. Since I retired I've notice it's getting harder and harder to find pants or shorts in my size even though I've lost weight. I'll have to check some of the sites you've already researched.

have you guys tried looking at tennis apparel such as "head"?

Tennis clothes are super clean, lightweight and good priced

No, I haven't.

Tehama shorts came in today. Very lightweight. Pretty long inseam though, I might even get it taken up an inch. I dropped a little bit of water on them for kicks, and they were completely dry 5 minutes later. Pretty comfy for a polyester fabric too.

Back