Big Bertha Reva Driver and 4H review

Maric

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Callaway used their remarkable engineering skills and designed some clubs just for women? I have an Epic Flash Driver, 3 wood and an Epic Flash Heavenwood. These clubs have been game changers for me so naturally I had to check the Reva out. So off to the PGASS I went.

They didn’t have a driver to test out, so I opted for a 4H. Went to my car and grabbed my TaylorMade M4 4H. Matched to my TaylorMade M4 there was a significant increase is distance and loft in favor of the Reva. Distance was consistently 10 plus yards, I don’t have the measurements for the loft but it was considerably higher. Like many older women new to the game getting the ball up in the air has always been an issue. The head is slightly more elongated than my M4 and the colors are striking.

1607378063633.png1607378081579.png1607378102483.png

Needless to say I purchased it. Since I’ve never been fitted to a specific shaft I just went with the standard offering Callaway RCH Women’s 40g. One of these days I’ll find a good place to do a shaft fitting just to see if it makes a difference for me.

Went directly to the range and it was even better outdoors. Even when I miss hit I was getting good loft and distance. It’s been in my bag for about a month now and I’m really happy with it. It’s my go to club for almost any shot out of the rough or a really uphill or downhill lie. My shots are much more productive and consistent. Definitely a confidence builder.

So 2 weeks later finds me checking out the new Golf Galaxy store. Low and behold they have a Reva driver! Since I was so happy with the 4H I just had to give it a try. Just as an aside I was really impressed with the service I received. At PGASS I can browse the women’s clubs for 20 minutes and never see a salesperson. Within a few minutes of looking at the Reva I was approached by a fitter asking if I wanted to give it a try. Ran to the car to get my Epic Flash and glove and went back to a fitting bay. They have a great setup there, light and airy. Couple of warmups with a 7 iron and off we go. Switching between the Flash and the Reva the numbers were impressive. Both clubs are 12.5 set up 2 and set to neutral. Same shaft as the 4H Callaway RCH 40g. The flight on the Reva was a little higher (sorry don’t have the numbers) but the real difference was the dispersion. If it wasn’t right down the center line it would be only a few degrees off. Needless to say I purchased it giving up my beloved Flash as a trade-in. After the sale I was offered 30 free minutes in one of their Trackman bays.

1607378144603.png1607378166726.png1607378186561.png

I hit for another 30 minutes with the Reva and I never really had a bad shot. One hit went 153 yds straight down the centerline and earned me applause from the peanut gallery.

Took it to the range the next day and couldn’t be happier with the results.

I’ve played with it about 5 times now and never had a hit I couldn’t live with. My tee shots go off with a resounding crack! Love the sound.

The head shape again is more elongated than my Flash was, and giving up my Flash green and gold (Packers) color scheme was tough, but I didn’t want to wait for a custom color Reva. At least it’s in my favorite color, blue.

Thanks to Callaway I now approach the tee box and the rough with the confidence that I’m going to hit a good shot. And more often than not I do!

All I can say is that if you are a woman golfer or know one, check out this line of clubs, you won’t regret it.

Now that I think about it, maybe I need some new irons too.

Glad you found something you have great confidence in. Maybe Santa will bring you new irons.

That is good stuff. Thanks for sharing.

You mentioned the confidence and when you have that on the tee like you do now, it is a lot of fun.

Has there been another line of Men and Women clubs from any OEM that has been this successful?

Great review. It seems that you found yourself a new driver and hybrid.

Great review! My Mom is in the market for a full bag and these could be right up her alley!

Great review! My Mom is in the market for a full bag and these could be right up her alley!
Let me know if she gets to check them out. I'd be interested in her view of them.

Great review, @Maric. Thanks for sharing and keep us updated in the post honeymoon progress.

Thanks for sharing!!! Awesome review.

Great write-up Maric!

Were both of these in your bag when you shot the PB 49?

Are you seeing similar height and distance improvements (in a vacuum) when you the hybrid off the tee and the deck?

Glad you are enjoying both clubs!

Were both of these in your bag when you shot the PB 49?

Are you seeing similar height and distance improvements (in a vacuum) when you the hybrid off the tee and the deck?

Both were in the bag when I shot the 49, but I since all my drives landed in the fairway I only used the hybrid to tee off on the Par 3's. Made par on both of those holes. I let my ShotScope keep score and don't download it until I get home. I knew I had played well, but that was a shocker. Went back and checked every hole just to be sure it was right.

I kind of want to have my wife hit the reva. She bombs her launcher HB, but the right miss is in play on occasion. May have to scour the bay...

Great write-up! Thanks for sharing your feedback! (y)(y)

Back