Big Break - Indian Wells [Spoilers]

I can't believe Oren and his putter. How do you putt from over 30 yards out and only miss by a few feet then miss a 3 foot putt a few minutes later?

That blew my mind. Why in the world would you putt 30 yards from the green? At least it kind of worked out for him.

Funny though, he putts better from the rough than he does on the green...

I can't believe Oren and his putter. How do you putt from over 30 yards out and only miss by a few feet then miss a 3 foot putt a few minutes later?

I tried this on a course yesterday with a nice rollup for :poop: and giggles and the result wasn't the same as his 30 yard putt. The missed 3 ft putt came out similar for me unfortunately as well.

That blew my mind. Why in the world would you putt 30 yards from the green? At least it kind of worked out for him.

Funny though, he putts better from the rough than he does on the green...
That shot comes with a warning label...kids, don't try this at home!

every time I go to post in here I have to go to a commercial

I've watched every episode and I think this is a great opportunity for these guys, but I feel like the talent level in this season is really down. Past seasons weren't too much better and I missed one of the seasons, but this season seems weak.

I honestly think I could do better than some of these guys. I understand they're under a lot of pressure and there is money on the line, but still some of the shots these guys take and miss kind of amaze me.

This may just be the competitor in me coming out and saying I think I could withstand the pressure. However, experience on successful high school golf and baseball teams really does not amount to what these guys are under so maybe I am in the wrong here.

I think it will get pretty good near the end, but right now watching all the weak players has been less than exciting.

I've watched every episode and I think this is a great opportunity for these guys, but I feel like the talent level in this season is really down. Past seasons weren't too much better and I missed one of the seasons, but this season seems weak.

I honestly think I could do better than some of these guys. I understand they're under a lot of pressure and there is money on the line, but still some of the shots these guys take and miss kind of amaze me.

This may just be the competitor in me coming out and saying I think I could withstand the pressure. However, experience on successful high school golf and baseball teams really does not amount to what these guys are under so maybe I am in the wrong here.

I think it will get pretty good near the end, but right now watching all the weak players has been less than exciting.

I agree. Talent level doesnt seem nearly as good this season, and at times it seems to be kind of boring. Seems like every episode is just them chipping and putting. Not much actual golf being played. Maybe that will change soon?

Also, I am not the best golfer, and will never claim to be great. BUT, I feel that I could definitely compete with these guys, not beat them necessarily, but at least compete.

Did it ever give us what their Handicaps were? I know the one annoying guy claimed 6 course records, but never said what his handicap is.

every time I go to post in here I have to go to a commercial

Every time I post in here I get uncomfortably close to my computer screen and type in a British accent.

Every time I post in here I get uncomfortably close to my computer screen and type in a British accent.

LMAO!!! Rep Added

Finally caught this weeks episode. I'm glad that everyone else is bitter that Petey's back... and I hope he takes it to them. I couldn't believe my eyes watching Oren putt from 35yds off the green and I was a rooting for him.

I think Will has a mighty big cushion and he's going to sit on it and its going to bite him soon.

As far as the quality of players this season, I think its pretty much the same as most other seasons. I'm 90% sure these guys had to be scratch or no more than +2 to get on the show. Heck most of them have played in various events from the Canadian tour to nationwide and one or two of them have even played a PGA tour event somehow?

I am just glad that Justin "6 course records" is now gone for good after his second chance. What a jag. Yes, Kent is mouthy, but he has the most game there along with Petey. It should come down to those two. I don't think Will is mature enough and I don't trust his cross-handed swing under pressure. David and John put me to sleep.

I am just glad that Justin "6 course records" is now gone for good after his second chance. What a jag. Yes, Kent is mouthy, but he has the most game there along with Petey. It should come down to those two. I don't think Will is mature enough and I don't trust his cross-handed swing under pressure. David and John put me to sleep.

yes, got tired of hearing how great he was and how he could be any of them 100 times out of 100

Did it ever give us what their Handicaps were? I know the one annoying guy claimed 6 course records, but never said what his handicap is.

I searched for all the US players on GHIN lookup. Justin 6 Course Records Payne was the only one listed -- get this -- at a +5.

I searched for all the US players on GHIN lookup. Justin 6 Course Records Payne was the only one listed -- get this -- at a +5.

He never clarified as to whether they were actual courses or putt putt courses

Yeah but that windmill can really cost you a few strokes, you've got to time it right as they swing by!!!

In the words of the great Happy Gilmore, "YOU'RE GONNA DIE CLOWN!"

You know they could be par 3's or even EA TW courses... they just said he owns 6 "course" records. The guy just screams "I'm a toolbox, please kick me in the jewels!" God I wish someone would.

Yes but you have to remember in Floydada, Texas you sometimes have to take an unplayable when you ball comes to rest in a cowpie :poop:

In the words of the great Happy Gilmore, "YOU'RE GONNA DIE CLOWN!"

You know they could be par 3's or even EA TW courses... they just said he owns 6 "course" records. The guy just screams "I'm a toolbox, please kick me in the jewels!" God I wish someone would.

Exactly. I could find some of the courses that are on Senior Independent Living areas down here in Florida that only allow residents of the area to play (70+) and challenged their course record.

Yeah I guess its unclear or cloudy at best as to where and how they find these guys and the background checks on their game are slim and none.

I'm still :rotfl: that he is listed as a +5. He'd be a regular on a tour somewhere if he were that good.

I'm still :rotfl: that he is listed as a +5. He'd be a regular on a tour somewhere if he were that good.

I just don't see a +5 blading 2 back to back wedge shots across the green. It just shouldn't happen.

Both times Justin got kicked off the show, first he'd get all mouthy, I have ten billion course records and I could beat these guys head to head any day of the week. Then he would look down and I always thought he was going to start crying.

It would have been more fitting if he had cried and thrown a tantrum.

Was kind of sad to see Oren go. I'm not the biggest fan of his swing, but I think he had the right mentality to compete. Plus he can putt a ball from 35 yards off the green with such precision.

Petey is my new favorite to win. Pressure doesn't seem to bother him too much.

Both times Justin got kicked off the show, first he'd get all mouthy, I have ten billion course records and I could beat these guys head to head any day of the week. Then he would look down and I always thought he was going to start crying.

It would have been more fitting if he had cried and thrown a tantrum.

Was kind of sad to see Oren go. I'm not the biggest fan of his swing, but I think he had the right mentality to compete. Plus he can putt a ball from 35 yards off the green with such precision.

Petey is my new favorite to win. Pressure doesn't seem to bother him too much.

I always laughed every time Justin would say "99 out of a 100 times, I would beat everyone here." Yet, he got eliminated, TWICE.

Im pulling for Petey, like a good underdog story.

Favorite part from last week was when it showed Oren about to putt from 35 yards out and Will said, "Thats crazy, and thats coming from a guy who uses a revers grip."

I wonder if the redemption gig was in the script the whole time. I think they felt Petey would last and when he went out first they dreamed up this thing to get him back in. It wil be interesting how they do the eliminations from here on out.

Back