Big Break - Indian Wells [Spoilers]

ANd David wins hole 4. Takes a commanding lead in money. 36,550-27,500

Hole 5.

Kent wins it. Back in the match.

Another commercial.

Hole 6. For each others money. $5,000 on this one.

David has like 36,000, Kent has like 34,000 so far.

They halve it. No carryovers.

Hole 7. Worth 5,000.

David hits a bad approach into the sand. Kent puts his on the green.

David gets out and 2 putts. Kent wins with 2 putts.

Kent wins 5,000 of Davids money.38,400-31,500.

Another commercial.

Hole 8. Worth 15,000

Kent into the bunker, David in the rough. Par 5 hole

David reaches the green, Kent just off the green from 207 yards.

Kent gets up and down. David with a putt to win the hole. Misses, and they halve.

Hole 9. Also worth 15,000

Kent bad tee shot, David same area.

Kent under a tree, gets it just short of the green.
David puts it on but leaves it about 40 feet short.
Kent puts it close and has a gimme.
David misses and runs it by a ways.

And a commercial.

Hole 9 continued.

David's putt is in the hole.
Kent makes his, halved.

Hole 10. Worth 25,000.

Par 3. Kent on the green, David about 10 feet or so, well inside Kent's.

Kent leaves it just short. Makes the second putt.
David misses. Makes the second.

Halved.

Hole 11. Worth 25,000.

Kent drives way left, and will have tree problems.
David in the fairway.

And a commercial.

Hole 11 continued.

Kent clips the tree and leaves it way short.
David on the green, 15 feet or so.

Nice chip by Kent, but David has a putt to win the hole and 25 grand.
Misses.

Kent misses the putt it goes to sudden death. Kent has to put up all his money.

56,000- 14,000

Hole 12, sudden death for Kent.

David in fairway. Kent misses just right.

David almost hits the other competitors, has a long chip ahead.
Kent just short of the green.

David chips it way past the hole.
Kent leaves it short, but fairly close.

David for birdie to win it. Misses it and runs it by a bit.
Kent to win the hole and continue the match. Misses it.

David, 3 feet to win.

And David wins Big Break.

That was one of the better Big Break finals I have seen.

David could have really put the screws to Kent if some of those putts dropped. Kent let it get away from him too early and he never recovered. David just didn't make any mistakes and won this thing. Congrats to him. I like how he thanked his mom and was real emotional after the win. You could tell it meant a lot to him. I hope this is the start of something special for him.

It was a pretty good final....they both missed alot of putts. Kent missed several Phil specials...you know the 3-5 footers :D

As far as talent goes, other than Kent and David, Petey and Shank....this Big Break was weak on talent in my opinion.....lots of ugly shots.

Will be interesting to see what we get in Big Break Ireland.

Will be interesting to see what we get in Big Break Ireland.
I didn't know that was the next offering. That should be a good one. Do you know when it starts?

I'll say it again, I wish the season went more like the last two weeks went, more actual golf and not a skills challenge. It's just more entertaining in my book.

I didn't know that was the next offering. That should be a good one. Do you know when it starts?

I'll say it again, I wish the season went more like the last two weeks went, more actual golf and not a skills challenge. It's just more entertaining in my book.

I think the commercial said September?

David really deserved to win, but Kent really did choke. David's story was just great and he seemed like a very grateful winner. Can't wait to see how he performs in New Orleans next year! Can't wait for BB Ireland.

Happy for David, I was rooting for the little guy... David vs Goliath! He's got game too, nice swing & great work ethic. Humble kid as well, deserved win.

David definitely deserved it, he was a grinder all the way through

Congrats to David!

Kent totally Jaked that last episode. I expected more from him.

Congrats to David. I was pulling for him from the start. He reminds me of my cousin.

Good for David, that was a great win, and I really like the guy. I still feel that Kent is the better "golfer", but clearly under pressure David was the better "player".

Really like the show last night, I agree I think all of the eliminations should be full holes not just chipping and putting challenges. Happy to see David win this obviously meant the world to him. I was quite shocked at how rattled Kent got I expected more fight from him but he missed quite a few short putts to give David some breathing room.

Man that was crazy for Kent. I was pretty sad he missed all those putts. It was a putting nightmare it seemed. I thought David made some great shots and really could've and should've buried him early but even he missed some pretty darn makeable putts. However, i've never had a putt with multiple thousands of dollars on the line. So I really can't say what kind of pressure goes into that. Congrats to David, he did what he needed to do and he earned it for sure. He seems like a very likable guy.

All in all a nice final episode. I'll be watching the next one.... I always do!

THP needs a show on TGC!

Back