Big Break - Indian Wells [Spoilers]

barryboymunro

Reaction score
Handicap
I watched this show when I was in Cancun (the mrs was not happy) it was great but shame we don't get it back in Scotland!

dbyrne

Reaction score
Handicap
+5
Thanks everyone who said the kind words about me. I know you are all so concerned about my flat stick. not to concerned - since those who know me consider putting to be the better part of my game. Truth is, it is golf.. sometimes they don't go in.. all you can do is hit the putt... If you ask any of the guys who was there that day, they would attest that they just didn't go in.. hit lots of good putts (except 13).. I am living in Orlando - at Grand Cypress. I will agree I do need to get lots better, never satisfied - but thank to you guys who were rooting for me - appreciate the support and Kent is an exceptional player.. it isn't easy to qualify for the US Open.

Enjoy Ireland.

Sean

Earthbound Extraterrestrial
Reaction score
Thanks everyone who said the kind words about me. I know you are all so concerned about my flat stick. not to concerned - since those who know me consider putting to be the better part of my game. Truth is, it is golf.. sometimes they don't go in.. all you can do is hit the putt... If you ask any of the guys who was there that day, they would attest that they just didn't go in.. hit lots of good putts (except 13).. I am living in Orlando - at Grand Cypress. I will agree I do need to get lots better, never satisfied - but thank to you guys who were rooting for me - appreciate the support and Kent is an exceptional player.. it isn't easy to qualify for the US Open.

Enjoy Ireland.
I thought your mental game was exceptional. You just kept grinding and grinding through all those eliminations. Very impressive. :)

Good luck as you move forward! :)

MizunoMP

Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 16.2

Enjoy Ireland.
There's going to be a THP gathering at Grand Cypress on Sept. 10th I believe. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. It's a pleasure having you on here and sharing with us!

Spaceman_Spiff

Reaction score
Firestone CO, north of Denver about 20 mins
Handicap

Enjoy Ireland.
Wow man, that's awesome of you to post on here! I was cheering for you in the last couple episodes you grew on me for sure! Thanks for posting...

mikedean441

6X HOF
Reaction score
Handicap
Wow man, that's awesome of you to post on here! I was cheering for you in the last couple episodes you grew on me for sure! Thanks for posting...
no kidding, we got TV celebrities on THP now!!

JRod

Reaction score
Handicap
4.2 USGA

Enjoy Ireland.
Wow welcome to THP David. Your resolve is extremely impressive and I wish you luck on the Tour!

Esox

Reaction score
Handicap

Enjoy Ireland.
Congratulations on your Big Break victory, and thanks for posting here. Stick around, it's a fun forum. THP is hosting a Ryder Cup type tournament at Reunion Resort in Orlando 8/19 to 8/21. The 16 lucky forum members playing in the event are sponsored by either TaylorMade or Callaway. We'll be doing promos during a media day and will be playing at least some on camera. We're going to feel a bit like Big Breakers, I think. Only we won't play as well.

Kevin

E

easy_13

Shank was my favorite Big Breaker, but of all the guys on this season I'd rather have David's swing.

ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver

Enjoy Ireland.
Congrats on your win David and welcome to THP. I really liked this seasons big break.

Since you are a THP member you should consider stopping by The Morgan Cup down at Reunion Resort in just a few short weeks.

just tap it in!

coolbreeze

Aspiring Golferr
Reaction score
Handicap
RCGA 8.9
Congrats on your win David and welcome to THP. I really liked this seasons big break.

Since you are a THP member you should consider stopping by The Morgan Cup down at Reunion Resort in just a few short weeks.

just tap it in!
That would be cool, there are 2 canadians in it so you know its cool.

bama

Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 8.9

Enjoy Ireland.
Enjoyed watching you play. As someone mentioned, you were probably in more "eliminations" than anyone and still came out on top...
Big Break Indian Wells was the reason I actually got off my wallet and got the Golf Channel...Glad I did....

Thanks for the post and I wish you success at the Zurich....

colnago1331

Reaction score

Enjoy Ireland.
I was just happy to see a short golfer do well. :banana: Congrats on the win and I look forward to watching you at the Zurich.

Spank818

Brian Gaysian
Reaction score
Handicap
TMEX 4.19

Enjoy Ireland.
Glad to have you on here! I was hoping you were going to win the BB. I hope you do well on the tours and the Zurich.

Smallville

#WeLoveYouAlex
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
Congrats and welcome to THP.

TripleBogieTim

Long lost sheep
Reaction score
Handicap
my swing
Glad to have you here at THP! Congrats on the win, after everything you fought through you were the most deserving to win, good luck and thanks for stopping by.

BeanieTX

Reaction score
Handicap
Got all caught up in my BB episodes, grats in the win David! GL at the Zurich!

That. Just. Happened. (tapatalk)

JTnumbers

College Golfer
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 0.2
Sorry to bring up an old thread but loved this years show. Im now a massive David Byrne fan. He and Rickie Fowler my Top 2.

Canuck227

Reaction score
Handicap
Has anybody seen Shank's girlfriend, she's going to be on BB Ireland, no wonder he got into shape but doesn't devote all his time to the game. DAMN!

HighSide

Reaction score
Handicap
David's play

David's play

Ditto on the great golf swing. Good job on sticking some of those iron shots!

thedue

Another Day in Paradise
Reaction score
Handicap
How cool is that if in fact was David. Liz and I love watching BB together and he was our favorite. The guy had his share of trials and tribulations yet got 'er done!

IceyShanks

NiceyThanks
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in