Big Break - Indian Wells [Spoilers]

I think Carl has game, but it's hard to say for sure. As the show gets closer to the end hopefully they will be playing more full holes to see who has the best overall game.

Thats what I am waiting on...a couple full holes, instead of one full hole then a putt putt competition.

So much for Petey being the one to beat.

So if they are going to have multiple eliminations from here on out, they could still bring another player back.
He was, and everyone on the show agreed for different reasons. I don't think they bring anyone back from here on out.

I don't know about you, but I would rather see more golf. They really don't hit that many shots and there is very little room for error.

Sorry to see Petey leave AGAIN. I like him.

Still sticking with Shanks, like I have from the beginning.

Kent is annoying, Carl and his notebook of thoughts is creepy and that swing is not very good, Will is a volcano and there is no way I would ever trust cross-handed as being able to hold up, and who knows with David...maybe the dark horse in all this.

+1 and I'm really not liking the slamming the club to the ground and the obligatory, "That's right!" shout. I thought one time during the flop challenge was fine with the shot being awesome and all but it looks like he does it every time he gets amped up. This ain't football son... you don't gotta spike the 7 iron to celebrate a victory.

I agree, I don't like Will just for that reason....well that and they fact the hitting the ball cross handed just looks weird! I am still rooting for Shanks!

Bingo, I think he's attitude is edited for TV a bit, but I'm sure in real life it would be easy to get under his skin, in a match play environment where you're playing your opponent as much as you are playing your ball that will come back to bite him hard.
No doubt.

+1 and I'm really not liking the slamming the club to the ground and the obligatory, "That's right!" shout. I thought one time during the flop challenge was fine with the shot being awesome and all but it looks like he does it every time he gets amped up. This ain't football son... you don't gotta spike the 7 iron to celebrate a victory.
I agree.

I want to see Kent actually have to play. I've said from the start I think he may have the most talent there, just waiting for him to show it off.

I'm still rooting for Shanks. I'll be glad when they have to play actual golf. We haven't had a chance to see if anyone can actually play yet. I'm ready for Will to go, the drama is a bit much.

I'm still rooting for Shanks. I'll be glad when they have to play actual golf. We haven't had a chance to see if anyone can actually play yet. I'm ready for Will to go, the drama is a bit much.

how could anyone root against him lol

I think the top 3 are the top 3 for a reason. David, Shanks and the guy that just got voted off have flashes of greatness but consistency is their biggest issue.

BTW, I am a Shanks fan too. He makes me laugh every episode!

Super Dave. The top three are there for a reason and i think most of it has to do with timing, circumstances and luck. Will won the flop wall the chipping bet, (Both, one shot contests), and has been on a winning team the rest of the way. As a result he's never had to prove himself in the three man eliminations. Kent seems to be the only one to show game and win challenges that took more than one shot, remember the glass breaking. Carl just went up against a brain dead Russell in the poker game and hasn't see the bottom three since. I think you have to give more credit to David and Shank who have had to play to keep on the show.

I agree with you Canuck. I see Carl falling here very soon. Hes going to get exposed eventually and he's going to fold up real quick.

I think Shank would be in the top three if he hadn't let Carlsbad talk him into spending half of his money on that half point in one of the elimination challenges.

Agreed. Is there anybody who benifited from the half point purchase. It put David, Shank and John in the bottom making them targets. and i dont think it made the difference in their wins.

Didnt he need the half shot on Monday to force a sudden death with Petey at the end? Or would the 1/2 shot have been enough? I cant recall...

Didnt he need the half shot on Monday to force a sudden death with Petey at the end? Or would the 1/2 shot have been enough? I cant recall...
Petey would have won. They finished the 3rd location tied b/c of David's extra shot.

It's gotta be Kent

It's gotta be Kent

I'd be very surprised if someone other than Kent won. I'm not a fan of his, though ever since the legenday ball striker Justin was eliminated from the show - twice - he has seemed a little more willing to get along with the others.

Kent appears to be one the favorites to get to the 18-hole final, and I just don't see any of the others playing well for an entire round. Shank, Carl and Will are accidents waiting to happen, and from the trailer of the next show it looks like David is going to be under attack. Given the freakish nature of the show, it is possible that Kent could get eliminated in one of the challenges, but absent that, seems to me all he has do is get to the finals and then play solid golf and then watch while the others implode.

You have to pull for someone who hits the ball and screams "Hit a sprinkler head......"

I finally caught this weeks episode from the DVR... I've been avoiding the thread until I watched it for myself. Was VERY sad to see Petey go, John... meh not so much. I think David could be the dark horse, and Will should soon fall. Too emotional. Carl too should fall soon, I really think that swing and notebook are just detrimental to his game! (Because my swing is so purty!)

I think Shank would be in the top three if he hadn't let Carlsbad talk him into spending half of his money on that half point in one of the elimination challenges.

No, Shank could have been very easily eliminated by the "Legendary Ball Striker" had Shank not purchased that stroke. As soon as he purchased the stroke the Legendary Ball Striker was all up in arms and had no shot. THAT is exactly why Carl recommended he take it. That notebook has information that could bring Castro down I think...

Agreed. Is there anybody who benifited from the half point purchase. It put David, Shank and John in the bottom making them targets. and i dont think it made the difference in their wins.

See above and below. I think its paid huge dividends with the exception of John in the previous elimination.

Petey would have won. They finished the 3rd location tied b/c of David's extra shot.

You have to pull for someone who hits the ball and screams "Hit a sprinkler head......"

And calls his ball Sheba and Sugar. I like Shank merely for his personality on the show, but I don't mind rooting for him and he's got some game too!

I too just got caught up this show on the PVR, and my too Canadian brothers have a good shot at this I think. I agree with the above that will seems too emotional to win this, almost like he has put all his eggs in the Big Break basket and putting way too much pressure on himself. Shank is just a great character and an enjoyable addition to the show. He is by far the most entertaining to watch, but I'm starting to get tired of all these little challenges and want to watch them play some real golf.

Watched the last episode myself and I agree CB. I tire of all the dumb little challenges. Will wont win this. Shank wont either. I think this is Kents to lose. I think he's toying with these guys so far.

Watched the last episode myself and I agree CB. I tire of all the dumb little challenges. Will wont win this. Shank wont either. I think this is Kents to lose. I think he's toying with these guys so far.

Totally agree here, Kent seems to be the only one on the show, who seems to have a "pro game". I think if they played 18 hole rounds Kent would just destroy.

Totally agree here, Kent seems to be the only one on the show, who seems to have a "pro game". I think if they played 18 hole rounds Kent would just destroy.

But so would the Legendary Ball Striker! oh wait... I do agree it is ABSOLUTELY Kent's to lose.

But so would the Legendary Ball Striker! oh wait... I do agree it is ABSOLUTELY Kent's to lose.

Funny man, the "legendary ball striker" would beat any golfer any where if they played 18 holes.

Funny man, the "legendary ball striker" would beat any golfer any where if they played 18 holes.

He would also beat everyone of those guys 99 out of 100 times. Its true! Just ask him!

I dislike the half-point lead, and being able to purchase another half-point. In the elimination it should be straight up.

I dislike the half-point lead, and being able to purchase another half-point. In the elimination it should be straight up.

I personally like it because its being proven that the person with the least amount of money is bein gput on the chopping block real quick like the next day. so, its a decision, do I spend the money when I may not need it or do I take a risk. Its a risk reward show. I like it for that reason

Back