Big Mac vs Whopper

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
GolferGal and I are having this debate currently. Which one do you think is better and why?

Big Mac. The special sauce and never have been a BK fan.

Whopper flame grilled is way better it actually has some taste compared to a big mac!

Have to go Whopper (hold the tomato )

Whopper for me has by far the better burger. I got a Big Mac last week and couldn’t believe how small the burger patties have now become, that sandwich is all bread now.

The Big Mac, I have a BK in my buildings food court and got burned out on the Whopper years a go. I rarely eat either one, but i would stop for a Big Mac before a Whopper

The flame broiled Whopper has more flavor. Plus it has tomatoes and does not come with cheese. Prefer hamburger to cheeseburger.

I have never had either one of these.

Whopper. There are literally hundreds of variations so you are bound to find something you like. For example the western BK whopper with BBQ sauce and bacon.

There is even the impossible whopper. It is impossible that I will ever get it, but I know it exists. But, there is only one boring Big Mac with that nasty "special sauce" 🤮

While each is their respective joint's flagship, I think the more opt comparison would be the quarter pounder and the Whopper.

Having said that, I would choose a Big Mac over a Whopper.

Big Mac vs Normal Whopper: I'm taking the Big Mac.
Big Mac vs Any Whopper: Whopper.

i that’s a tough one. i like both. but i’m going whopper because the flame flavor.

Big Mac and it's not even close. The special sauce is great and you can't beat McD's fries.

Whopper - tomato carries the argument.

Mrs. GU and I agree it’s the Big Mac. More nostalgia, catchy jingle. But they’ve gotten thinner over the years.

The Big Baby from Nicky’s in Chicago is the best all time.

The Whopper. I think it has way more flavor, and A LOT less bread. Love the char broiled flavor from BK.

Neither??!!??
But if forced to choose I’m going Big Mac bc the McDonalds fries are better than BK fries.

Whopper for sure, flame grilled makes it so much better. But I do like the Big Mac sauce

I would devour a Whopper right now.

With cheese and no onions.

During finals week in college, we would drive to the Burger King sort of close to campus around midnight for 2 whoppers for 5 bucks. I'd get my whoppers, have one that night and nuke one for breakfast the next morning.

Whopper or bust.

Stop it...In and Out

Big Mac wins it..... and that is coming from someone who ate Burger King every day for a year in college.

The main detriment to the Whopper, aside from being Burger King, is the un-even temperature. Burger King takes the patty, and throws it on the bottom of the bun, and then microwaves it. Top of the bun is getting toppings and sauces. Take cold top section, place on hot (usually warm) bottom section...... not good.

I was never a Big Mac person until I ate a lot of Burger King lol. I enjoy BK's ability to customize and add extra toppings, and no charge onion rings as a side.

Haven't been to BK in at least 6 years now. Surprised the one here still exists, it gets no business at all.

Stop it...In and Out
Obviously, but that wasn't the question.

At my old job I was doing site visits to So Cal and would stop at the same in n out on the way from the airport to the site. Gotta have it!

Whopper and it’s not close.

better burger. Better toppings.

Back