Big Mac vs Whopper

Whopper by along shot. I can get two Whoppers for $6. Throw away half the bread to make one Double Whopper.

One Big Mac is $6.79, and you have to search for the meat. They don't have the "2 for $5" in our area. The other problem is the "BM" is mostly all bread. Plus, they don't put enough "special" sauce on the "BM".

Yeah, it's no contest in my area. In my reality, I am not a fan of either outlet. Give me a Foot Long Subway any day. Heck, even Jack In The Box is better than BK, or McDs in our area. Just my take on the topic question.

Whoa! A Big Mac is normally $5.99 and that includes fries and a drink.
What taxes are being added in LV to make it so much?

Whataburger. Case closed!

Whoa! A Big Mac is normally $5.99 and that includes fries and a drink.
What taxes are being added in LV to make it so much?
The McDs near us sells just a Big Mac for much higher ($6.79) than what you are saying is normal. (their Quarter Pounder is $6.89) I see their menu on a regular basis as I buy their $1.00 drinks. Plus, that $6.79 doesn't include fries, and a drink as you mentioned.

They use to have a "2 for $5" special but discontinued it. They also discontinued their $1-$2 & $3 dollar menu. I suspect because that's all people were buying. Different areas/regions have different pricing for their products.

Sales tax in Vegas is 8.1% last I checked

Last edited:
Whopper because its just better. The Big Mac is OK but its mostly just bread and condiments and not much meat. The Whopper has a lot more meat and its bigger. If you look at the Big Mac, its really tall but its really not all that wide.

Whataburger. Case closed!
We don't have Whataburger here. Sad. Never heard of them until I went to Houston and there was one across the street from my Hotel. Grabbed the Sourdough bacon cheese avocado burger my first night there and ate one every day I was there after that. Best fast food burger ever by a mile.:love:
And Whopper>Big Mac.

The McDs near us sells just a Big Mac for much higher ($6.79) than what you are saying is normal. (their Quarter Pounder is $6.89) I see their menu on a regular basis as I buy their $1.00 drinks. Plus, that $6.79 doesn't include fries, and a drink as you mentioned.

They use to have a "2 for $5" special but discontinued it. They also discontinued their $1-$2 & $3 dollar menu. I suspect because that's all people were buying. Different areas/regions have different pricing for their products.

Sales tax in Vegas is 8.1% last I checked

That is crazy.
There is a website that checks menu prices by city and it shows $6.79 for Las Vegas, with fries in a drink. No idea how accurate it is however.

That is worse than airport prices in most cities.

If I was forced to eat one, it would be BK, but I haven't had a fast food burger for about 20 years (except that one time I tried 5 guys to see if they were so much better and I was unimpressed)

Big Mac for me. Special sauce puts it over the top.

@Parrot - I will say I can’t remember the last time I’ve had either. Fast food just hasn’t been a part of my diet for a while now.

Whopper is more expensive here as both meals cost close to $9 medium size.

The Whopper tastes so much better with mustard, ketchup, and mayo. Plus, the tomatoes are thicker at Burger King. It’s just closer to your own grill. I am not an onion guy, but open the Whooper and check out the thick onions as well.

You’re not seeing any of that with the Big Mac.

Not a fan of onions.
Whopper as it is easier to take onions off of it, plus the patty has a much better taste.

Big Mac.

That is crazy.
There is a website that checks menu prices by city and it shows $6.79 for Las Vegas, with fries in a drink. No idea how accurate it is however.

That is worse than airport prices in most cities.
Vegas prices are pretty scary sometimes. We were staying at Hard Rock a couple years ago and went downstairs for breakfast - a basic eggs, bacon, hash browns and toast breakfast was $17. Needless to say, breakfast was consumed elsewhere.

Double Whopper with cheese (no pickle or tomato)

whopper.png +fries.jpg+chick.jpg= carlton.gif

@Parrot - I will say I can’t remember the last time I’ve had either. Fast food just hasn’t been a part of my diet for a while now.

Just giving you ****. I eat about 3 fast food burgers a year. I don’t remember the last time I had a whopper. Last FF burger I had was either Sonic or Whataburger.

Neither one has ever appealed to me

Whopper for me

Back