JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
A few months ago, BIG MAX was featured on the Off Course podcast and it brought some awareness to a brand that many did not know a lot about. A brand fairly new to the US Market, but one that had a full array of products and are heavy hitters overseas.

After nearly 30 years, BIG MAX is making strides in the largest arena, but why now? What makes the company unique? Where are they headed with innovation? To understand that, we go back to the early beginnings of 1994 and how it all came to be. Thomas Reiter, Founder of BIG MAX explains.

Continue reading...

"Mad Max cart" 😊

Love my Big Max cart.

Love these Brand stories! Product looks very sharp and well built.

Great Brand History right here. Very interesting how brands begin and evolve over time. Quite the successful career BigMax has had since their founding. I actually own two BigMax trolleys but don’t use they much as I should. Once my daughter could drive the golf cart that changed walking for us.
Great to see they will be expanding into the electric cart market.
Enjoyed this one!!!

• Admin
Brand stories are fun - just to read history is always great.

I have only one brain scratch - it mentions about being known for cakes - did I miss a reference?

The weight difference in bags from back then to now is also astonishing.

I think it's a fantastic story, I saw the really small foldable cart which is great, I think their innovation is wonderful. Overall I really hope they continue to be successful both here and in their home regions.

When I first learned of Big Max in another THP thread I wondered how a brand I’d never heard of could be this nice.
Thanks for filling in the blanks. I love that the quality is so evident

• Admin
Brand stories are fun - just to read history is always great.

I have only one brain scratch - it mentions about being known for cakes - did I miss a reference?

The weight difference in bags from back then to now is also astonishing.

I think it's a fantastic story, I saw the really small foldable cart which is great, I think their innovation is wonderful. Overall I really hope they continue to be successful both here and in their home regions.
Just the area and what it is known for.

I’m a big fan of their products. Love this story.

I always say this but the THP brand stories are the best! That is a great look into Big Max and I can’t agree more they need a Mad Max product lol! The size of their pushcarts folded is just insane!

When I first learned of Big Max in another THP thread I wondered how a brand I’d never heard of could be this nice.
Thanks for filling in the blanks. I love that the quality is so evident
This was my thought also. How did they have such refined and quality product for something so new. This put the pieces together.

It was cool to see their history and how they came up with the 3 wheel setup.

This was my thought also. How did they have such refined and quality product for something so new. This put the pieces together.

It was cool to see their history and how they came up with the 3 wheel setup.

Its one of my favorite parts of the Brand Story series, which is I get to learn so much. Thomas Reiter was generous with his time to fill in the blanks.

Enjoyed the read, liked the thought process of bringing an Austrian company to the UK then US working there way up markets. Interesting part was that there is no singular type of US golfer.

Outstanding read! Have been using one of their bags for about 2 years and really like it. A Big Max trolley, possibly the electric one, will be next for me. I also had some dealings with their customer service and it was second to none. Definitely a big fan of the brand.

Really enjoyed reading this as usual. Love seeing behind the curtains.

Appreciate the drive for innovation and forward thinking to stay ahead and serve us golfers better. Super interesting to hear some of their thought process. Really love the thought process of making a golf bag more functional and coming up with different styles to suit different specific needs as noted in the quote below.

but also because of the design and function in relation to what you are doing

I had never heard of big max till just recently (because of THP). I really like the style and minimalist nature of their carts. Would love to get one. Just need money.. lol.

These brand stories will never get old to me, I love learning about the history of all the brands. This one is especially interesting with crossing the ocean and entering the US market.

Based on the name I thought it might be a burger joint!

I hadn’t heard of them until THP. Then I played with someone that has a very nice bag of theirs.

,I’ve just spent some time , pondering which buggy to purchase , really like the Big Max , although the range is limited here ( ( small market ) so what l was after l couldnt get … also had couple of other thoughts from overseas origin but again purchase and freight and also exchange rate conversion makes its very expensive .

Finally had time to read this one. As always with the brand stories, home run feature here! Really like the origin of the name. Simple yet it means everything. Also love the Mad Max reference lol

Also, everything after this line made this brand story fantastic... This is a brand that spent 25 years of being the best selling push cart brand in Europe, and so many on this side of the pond had never heard of them.

So cool to see the process of moving from one continent to another and still finding that success. Thanks for writing this one!

Also that electric cart tease is really interesting!

Finally had some time to catch up on this and as expected, another great brand story! Had no idea they spearheaded so much innovation from the 3 wheel cart to reducing a ton of bag weight. Also had no clue they had so much market share in Europe. I really like how the carts look and the flat fold is pretty awesome.

We announced the Big Max winner from our Instagram Contest.
Congrats and thanks to all for reading this one.

Back