Big Max Aqua Wave Golf Bag - SWEET

H8tobogie

MC Team Hackers 2020
Reaction score
Handicap
I am in the market for a new stand bag and stumbled upon this thing of beauty. At only 4.1 lbs it is definitely in contention. From the website it looks like they will start shipping pre-orders on May 1st. I may just have to grab one of these!

https://us.bigmaxgolf.com/product/aqua-wave/

That price isn't too bad for a 100% waterproof bag. Interested to hear how it works out for ya!

I am in the market for a new stand bag and stumbled upon this thing of beauty. At only 4.1 lbs it is definitely in contention. From the website it looks like they will start shipping pre-orders on May 1st. I may just have to grab one of these!

https://us.bigmaxgolf.com/product/aqua-wave/
A guy I know has one of them and he loves it 100% waterproof and extremely light the pockets are all accessible with the bag on your back too, I think its a bit light weight for me personally and I'd no doubt break it, it looks to be a direct competitor to sun mountain h20 a good buy IMO

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

I wouldn't be surprised if these aren't made by Sun Mountain, too many similarities. I have 2 H2NO bags and other than a few enhancements, the bag is almost identical in function, look, zippers, color patters, etc. Good looking stuff and quite a lineup of products (similar to SM) which leads me this is A SM European arm or they have a licensing agreement of some sort.

I wouldn't be surprised if these aren't made by Sun Mountain, too many similarities. I have 2 H2NO bags and other than a few enhancements, the bag is almost identical in function, look, zippers, color patters, etc. Good looking stuff and quite a lineup of products (similar to SM) which leads me this is A SM European arm or they have a licensing agreement of some sort.

big max are based in Germany they make very good push carts and now bags They are nothing to do with sun mountain. I just bought their big max aqua v1 bag and i have many waterproof bags and this is the best do far. What i like about it is that it has plenty pockets and they have tons of room in them. Another feature is they have a locking system for your woods similar to the ogio silencer which allows you to rotate your wood to face forward and thus allowing you to access your irons whithout moving your woods out of the way They are expensive though.

big max are based in Germany they make very good push carts and now bags They are nothing to do with sun mountain. I just bought their big max aqua v1 bag and i have many waterproof bags and this is the best do far. What i like about it is that it has plenty pockets and they have tons of room in them. Another feature is they have a locking system for your woods similar to the ogio silencer which allows you to rotate your wood to face forward and thus allowing you to access your irons whithout moving your woods out of the way They are expensive though.

I saw that they are European origin. I stand corrected but boy do they look very similar to SM with some additional features. Thanks for clarifying....they do look very nice. Let us know how they perform from a waterproof perspective after playing in a few 18 hole rounds if you don't mind. We play in summer in rain especially on weekends as long as not a heavy downpour and a good waterproof bag is invaluable in these conditions.

I saw that they are European origin. I stand corrected but boy do they look very similar to SM with some additional features. Thanks for clarifying....they do look very nice. Let us know how they perform from a waterproof perspective after playing in a few 18 hole rounds if you don't mind. We play in summer in rain especially on weekends as long as not a heavy downpour and a good waterproof bag is invaluable in these conditions.

i played last night in some showers, and was fine the only thing i don`t like about any bag is the rain hood when on i find it hard to get clubs in and out so i use the rain wedge, it folds up to fit on your bag and fits in seconds and is much easier to get clubs in and out.
Will let you know how it gets on in down pours, but it will be fine as the rain just runs of and all zips are seem sealed.

Pricing seems a bit high, I'd be curious what similar waterproof bags go for with the other brands.

Pricing seems a bit high, I'd be curious what similar waterproof bags go for with the other brands.

Sun Mountain has one and is $280 or so.. could get it cheaper if you shop around.... Not sure about this one, but if I am going waterproof, i'm going with a known commodity.

BIGMAX is a very neat company gaining steam each year. How long until they are acquired by a company that has made other out-of-the-box acquisitions recently?

Looks like a pretty solid bag but with it only having a 4 way divider, that is a deal breaker for me.

The youtube clip shows a not offered colorway - white, which, being 100% waterproof, should stay looking good. To me the Dri Lite G looks to be a nice option, water resistant, with a 9 inch, 14 way top, also, 4.1 lbs. Personnally, I would need to see one before ordering, but, they sound pretty promising.

Nice looking bag.

I just got a Cobra Ultralight Bag for the Morgan cup and I am really liking the 14 way divider and it weights 5 pounds and has a Cooler pocket.

i played last night in some showers, and was fine the only thing i don`t like about any bag is the rain hood when on i find it hard to get clubs in and out so i use the rain wedge, it folds up to fit on your bag and fits in seconds and is much easier to get clubs in and out.
Will let you know how it gets on in down pours, but it will be fine as the rain just runs of and all zips are seem sealed.

Thanks for the input. Question: What is a rain wedge and do these bags come with one?

The youtube clip shows a not offered colorway - white, which, being 100% waterproof, should stay looking good. To me the Dri Lite G looks to be a nice option, water resistant, with a 9 inch, 14 way top, also, 4.1 lbs. Personnally, I would need to see one before ordering, but, they sound pretty promising.

I agree, the Dri G Lite may be the one due to the dividers (and its only $199), though I prefer the look of the Aqua Wave. Are the 14 way dividers separated all the way through the well with a thin piece of material? The Aqua Ocean is only $179 and is 3.7lbs. I wish I could see them or find a detailed review on youtube.

Back