Big Max - Blade IP Push Cart - THP Review

You can try contacting Clicgear for replacement bolts. They might be able to help.

Different thread for this discussion but I already reached out to them and did not get the help I needed.

Big Max has been on my radar for a few years and would be one of two or three brands I'd strongly consider if / when I finally do get a push cart. The size that this one folds down to is extremely appealing.

I'm looking forward to hearing about how easy it is to get your bag mounted / secured onto the cart (and maybe other bags as well), how secure the bag is when in use, ease of folding...probably nothing you haven't thought of.

I've finally been able to get this one out the past week a few times thanks to the crazy 110+ temps subsiding. So, I have got some thoughts to convey now as far as performance goes, and not just on the aesthetics and ergonomics which I will hit on too.

Its definitely very compact, the fact that it lays flat instead of sort of stacking like the ClicGear initially takes some getting used to because its so different. But, the lay flat design actually situates nicely in the back of my Tahoe and takes up less overall footprint, especially since I can slide it in vertically at the edges of the space available.

With that, the next Q is obviously how it unfolds. It took me looking at the instructions pretty thoroughly the first few times to get a hang of it, but there are after acclimation actually less moving parts than the ClicGear 3.5, including that the wheels automatically lock out on their own through assembly which is a pretty cool feature.

After the Blade IP is unfolded, it effectively the same footprint as the ClicGear 3.5 (pictures below this section). The question was asked about getting the bag on the cart, installing the bag if you will, and its literally the same as the ClicGear, down to how the bungee straps and clips adjust, which makes for a very secure ride. A cool feature is the strap at the bottom are attached to swivels which you can move based on using either a stand or staff bag, no need for a kit like the Clic. Handy. And yes, I put both bags on it to test.

Below are side by sides with the ClicGear 3.5:

DSC_0042-L.jpg

DSC_0043-L.jpg

DSC_0041-L.jpg

The other questions are obviously going to be on maneuverability and stability. Its a very smooth ride on the course, and the cart doesn't feel flimsy or anything like that. The rear wheels are spot on the Clic for size, but I'll admit I feel like the smaller front wheel can make for some stability issues when I had it on some side-hill situations, nothing crazy, but just not the stability I'm used to, I think most would be fine with it. The other thing is the breaks, they're similar to stroller brakes, no cable system or hand break here which is a bit of a bummer, but they do their job when you engage both and thats what matters most.

The big win here though IMO is the features. The compartment is plenty big enough for my phone, win, and the scorecard holder is a nice touch. The use of a net for the beverage holder is smart because i can fit various sizes in it and don't need to buy a bigger cup holder add on like the clic, plus, it holds my speaker really well. If you look in the OP pics, you'll also see places for other things using their "Quick Fix" system which has all the bells and whistles you could want, including a cooler that attaches between the rear pillars of the cart (beneath the bag) in the opening, again, all the bells and whistles like any good push cart company.

The Blade IP is solid. I didn't expect it to be as good as it has been to be totally honest. More thoughts soon before I turn the review in soon. If you have Q's, fire away and I'll also be going back through and replying to posts which alreadyhave Q's tonight or tomorrow!

Bump for those who wanted comparison pictures.

Thanks Terry.

Sorry if I missed it, but where do you purchase these? I looked on the website and it looked like all the dealers were overseas.

Also, is the net and holder for drinks large enough to hold a 40 ounce Hydro Flask bottle? Thanks.

Sorry if I missed it, but where do you purchase these? I looked on the website and it looked like all the dealers were overseas.

Also, is the net and holder for drinks large enough to hold a 40 ounce Hydro Flask bottle? Thanks.
Dicks has all but this model listed online, other than that I'm not certain as I hadn't looked it up. I do know their US distribution is fairly recent iirc (this year).

Not sure, I use the smaller one and it fits with some room, but that 40oz is a hoss.

Dicks has all but this model listed online, other than that I'm not certain as I hadn't looked it up. I do know their US distribution is fairly recent iirc (this year).

Not sure, I use the smaller one and it fits with some room, but that 40oz is a hoss.

Thanks. I know the 40 oz’r is big, but when I walk 18 in the summer heat, it is the best size for me to stay hydrated. My golf bag would hold it, so it wouldn’t be a deal breaker. I will look into distribution and update the thread. I am very intrigued by the one dimensional size when folded up. I drive a Grand Cherokee and my bag a Clickgear fit, but there is not a lot of extra room. I am sure I am not the only one who is cargo-challenged. Thanks for the write up.

Thanks. I know the 40 oz’r is big, but when I walk 18 in the summer heat, it is the best size for me to stay hydrated. My golf bag would hold it, so it wouldn’t be a deal breaker. I will look into distribution and update the thread. I am very intrigued by the one dimensional size when folded up. I drive a Grand Cherokee and my bag a Clickgear fit, but there is not a lot of extra room. I am sure I am not the only one who is cargo-challenged. Thanks for the write up.
Yeah, I carry two small ones when I walk because the 40 is so awesomely big hahaha

I'll snap a side by side of them folded up for everyone this evening as well!

According to their media relations person, this one will be hitting stores very soon.

This one was turned in last night and I had some fun with it.

I've always been a die hard Clicgear guy, and even entering this review I was pretty positive with myself that this wasn't going to stand up to that.

Lesson learned.

What I didn't know at the time was Big Max has been one of the top push cart producers for the last 15 or so years, just in Europe so we are sheltered from the brand and instead zoned in on Sun Mountain and Clicgear.

What I didn't expect was the quality of the build. It looks different because here we are so used to that frame and fold style Clic made popular, but this folds easier than those ten times over. I'm not kidding, after watching the video on the Big Max site (I'll post here later as I'm mobile) and doing it a couple times it's essentially a two motion ordeal and the fact that the wheels deploy and stow automatically might be the he coolest part.

Also, it's so slim to store. The pics are coming of the side by side here in a while this morning, but the Blade IP is 5" tall when folded, that's it. The rest of the measurements are just under 25"x35". It will literally slide into smaller spaces than I ever expected a cart to and I'd bet it will literally fit inside any trunk, unlike the clicgear.

I'm still not a big fan of the small front wheel or the he lack of a hand brake, but, neither are killers, they just take some acclimation is all.

I'm excited for the review to go up, but in the mean time I'm still here for you guys if you have any questions I haven't touched on!

@jman did you get any pics of the console with stuff in it by chance?

@jman did you get any pics of the console with stuff in it by chance?

I didn't, but my G6 fits in there perfectly and secures shut a-ok.

Side by side of Clic 3.5 and Blade IP folded:

DSC_0071-XL.jpg

DSC_0072-XL.jpg

DSC_0073-XL.jpg

DSC_0074-XL.jpg

Those are good comparison pics. Looks like the blade is much shorter in height but a little bit wider?

Great comparison pictures Jman, I love how flat that folds. It would make storing it in the winter so much easier I think. I'm still a little concerned about the storage, it just doesn't seem to offer as much as the Clicgear.

That would surely take up a lot less room in my trunk for sure. I might have to see about finding one somewhere to put a bag on and roll to see how it is.

That small size folded is sweet. I think it could even work for the 2 door sports car crowd.

Very interesting picks.... will really have to research against the 8.0 when/if I finally have to replace mine. that is so damn slim!

Wow that is quite the difference folded up. I have plenty of room in the outback for my cart, but this cart wouldn't move around when I drive, and would leave plenty of room for all the stuff I like to have back there.

Great thoughts as usual James. Those pictures are eye opening. I'm impressed how small that folds up!

Great info and photos, Jman!

That folded size is exactly why these have been on my radar and would be on my short list of considerations if I ever buy a push cart. Pretty incredible engineering goes into some of these designs.

Awesome information and write up. I could one of these compact carts as the one I have takes up half my trunk, but alas $300 is a tough expense to justify.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Back