Big Max Blade Trio Push Cart Review

Jman

Terrible Actor
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Way back in 2018, THP was able to be front and center for Big Max making their all-out effort to break into the push cart segment here stateside. What was so interesting about that centered around the fact that Big Max has been a big brand in push carts overseas for over fifteen years. While I enjoyed my time with their Blade IP option, full review here, they have continued to evolve since then.

Continue reading...

The Blade is fantastic if you’re in need of space and is especially nice when paired with a Big Max bag.
Quality components from a quality company.

This looks really nice. I have an older push cart and need to upgrade eventually. Solid option. Appreciate the review, @Jman.

Love my BigMax that I got earlier this year, and happy to see they continue to push their fold flat tech. 8 inches is kind of crazy!! Not in the market for anything new but when I am, I'll be coming back around to look at BigMax and what they have new. Thanks @Jman

I still kept a my Big Max Blade IP if I ever to to the point were the MotoCaddy got to heavy to get in and out of a car.
They just make the most innovative push carts.

That is a great looking pushcart. The size it folds to is awesome. How did your bag sit on there @Jman? The one thing I fight with is my bag moving around which can be annoying.

Love the fold flat feature here! A Clic Gear 3.0 and Bag Boy Automatic and 2 golf bags pretty much fills up the back of Mrs. Rejects Jeep !

Great review, James. Although I do not have a need for a push cart, I always enjoy reading about new items and what they have to offer the golfer. That fold flat feature is fantastic, and will be appealing to a lot of golfers who need to maximize storage space.

I like it and great review. Maybe it's only the Nitron that isn't that complicated but like you put in this article it's really just a pull up and a lever lock into place. If these two are the exceptions to the rule and that's not hyperbole then I would absolutely say people should consider this from an ease of use standpoint.

I really like the fact that it lies flat, and stands upright. Makes storage much more convenient that is the one thing I don't like about my current push cart is that even when I'm not using it, it still takes up the same amount of space as a stroller.

I will be taking a hard look at this one again come springtime, to replace a ClicGear.

In the past, I have definitely gone for the "cube" folding of other models, for good or bad, just based on the actual footprint that they took up. It started with a smaller car, with limited space, then with a hatchback, again with less space. Now, not needing the cube sizing for travel, and being able to use something like a flatter folding cart, I am excited.

Weirdly Big Max is one brand that I can actually get in store here. Excited to take a look at them closer.

Flat folding is pretty cool

I have a Blade IP that is a great cart. I love both how light it is and how flat it folds up. I can throw it in my trunk and the clubs can sit on top of it. This new one looks really nice. It looks like it has a bit more storage than the IP has yet still folds pretty flat.

That is a great looking pushcart. The size it folds to is awesome. How did your bag sit on there @Jman? The one thing I fight with is my bag moving around which can be annoying.
Zero issues. Be it my stand bag, or trying one of my display mini staff bags on it.

I have a Blade IP that is a great cart. I love both how light it is and how flat it folds up. I can throw it in my trunk and the clubs can sit on top of it. This new one looks really nice. It looks like it has a bit more storage than the IP has yet still folds pretty flat.
The bag on it is HUUUUUUUGE

If I was to finally get a push cart. It would be a big max. I like their euro minimalism.

The bag on it is HUUUUUUUGE

That is probably what adds the additional depth when folded. I think the Blade is only 4 inches. The Blade could use a bit more storage I wind up having to put things in the golf bag.

I think Big Max has a winner here, great review @Jman.

This looks like quite the homerun here. The flat footprint along with the awesome colorway chosen. I remember the first pictures I saw of a Blade, I was shocked. If they've improved on it, like I said, homerun

I figured they would have something coming. I’ll pick up one of these or a Nitron this off season.

This looks like quite the homerun here. The flat footprint along with the awesome colorway chosen. I remember the first pictures I saw of a Blade, I was shocked. If they've improved on it, like I said, homerun
It’s absolutely top tier. I’ve long been a Clic guy, but this will be my go to for 2024

I love my Blade Quattro. It folding flat means it stays in my trunk 24/7 and I can still fit a couple cart bags with it in there.

Big Max continues to intrigue me!

They really do make excellent products.
Don’t really need a new cart but unique and excellent makes me want one nonetheless

I have the Nitron with Alphard wheels so I am not looking for a new cart but this one is interesting. It is easy to open this one versus the clicgear I had but not as easy as the Nitron. Of course this one is about 3 lbs lighter than the Nitron. I think the foot print of the 2 carts folded is pretty similar with the Blade Trio being about 5 inches shorter vertically if laid flat. That can really help those with smaller trunks get this to and from the course. It is a really good option

Back