Big trips next year?

TSA has broken my spirit.

I've reached the point where, at my age, I'll finally just stay home rather than put up with those clowns.

I know from personall experience that commercial flying was far more comfortable and convenient sixty years ago than it is now.

I'm honestly not sure how anybody tolerates it the way it is now.
Clear makes it quite a bit easier.

Suppose to me up with some Paradise in Cali for a reunion!

Hoping to go to Ireland in the summer.

I have 3 great ones already on the books for the first 6 months of 2022:
San Diego (work trip) - Torrey Pines South, Torrey Pines North, Aviara
Pinehurst (law school buddies trip) - #2, #4, Pine Needles, Mid Pines, Tobacco Road
Destin (family vacation) - Kelly Plantation, Regatta Bay, Burnt Pine

Looks like international travel is doomed in the near future with Omicron variant. They are shutting down travel faster than when you run off a hole after making a 60 footer for par.

Our 20th annual guys Super Bowl trip and this year it’s a golf trip to Phoenix. I have a ski trip planned to Colorado in March and a guys golf trip that includes the Masters Monday practice round in April. I can’t wait to walk the hallowed grounds again.:)

EC2D0F6B-6FE0-4DE9-8841-ECD47E8B9ABF.jpeg

Going to Nashville in January.

I don't have anything planned.

Been invited to play on a ProAm team tournament in Scotland next April;- we will play Old Course St Andrews , then Carnoustie, then Kingsbarn - should be a bit of fun.(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

Next year I'll attend the 150th Open at St Andrew's, got tickets for Sunday July 17th.plan is to visit Grampian Highlands afterwards and then play a few courses along the North Coast 500.

Supposed to go to a wedding in Maryland, somewhere on the coast. I've never been before, but I'm thinking of bringing my sticks. Other than that, I'm hoping to do a research trip to the Costa Blanca region of Spain where I'll definitely play a few courses.

March will be a week in Hilton Head.
June is a swing thru NJ/PA/NY at some nice places
August is 18 rounds in Scotland with back to back weeks of 4 buds/8 buds. This will be the 3rd try as the trip has been Covided twice. @HarlettoScara and Pop reviewing possibly joining in for a round or two with the 4 as we meander from Dornoch thru Aberdeen to St Andrews

We have a group of 8 going to Sand Valley/Mammoth Dunes, Whistling Straits/Blackwolf Run, and Erin Hills in August.

Wife and I are talking about a trip to the Caribbean in June, so I might get a round of golf in then.

I don't have anything yet...

Hoping for a trip to Branson to hit up Big Cedar, a THP Event, and then maybe another trip or two.

Just Jamaica in February and Hilton Head in May. The HH trip will be very golf based and the Jamaica trip will not be. Likely have a few short weekend trips here and there.

So far:

Wisconsin Dells in June
Wisconsin Dells in July

Charleston SC in October

March will be a week in Hilton Head.
June is a swing thru NJ/PA/NY at some nice places
August is 18 rounds in Scotland with back to back weeks of 4 buds/8 buds. This will be the 3rd try as the trip has been Covided twice. @HarlettoScara and Pop reviewing possibly joining in for a round or two with the 4 as we meander from Dornoch thru Aberdeen to St Andrews
We'll be there Doug, just trying to finalise things with the old boy. Going to be great to finally make it happen.

I just booked Super Bowl weekend in Vegas so that will be a round at Shadow Creek + one or two more.

We also have spring break booked at Moon palace the Grand in Cancun and I’ll play a few rounds at their Nickalaus course.

I am hoping to get another couple of long weekends in golf destinations

I think I may take 2022 a bit easy. I did some work this year and I’m kinda done haha

Planning to do Hammock Beach in February or March, then planning to do Chambers Bay in May. That’s about it so far. Hopefully will do one more trip.

Okay way more than 12.:)

We have a trip to the Bahamas in April planned but will see what the restrictions are at that time. Going to California Jan 6th for a few days and that is all that is planned for now. Both trips will include golf!

Back