Bill Hass injured in Ferrari crash in Pacific Palasades

dbigstick

Reaction score
Handicap
Wow. Ferrari’s just don’t stand up to high speed roll overs.

Hopefully Bill Haas and the others are ok. I wonder who was driving.

I woke up to hear this. I hope Haas is ok.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Well damn that changes Fantasy Golf lineup, hope Bill is alright great guy met him in Charleston.

Wow. Ferrari’s just don’t stand up to high speed roll overs.

Hopefully Bill Haas and the others are ok. I wonder who was driving.
What cars do? Looking at the pictures I would hazard a guess that the collision was the aspect thay more likely killed the driver than the rolling part. The front of that car is mangled. Of course there is no motor there so there was room for it to do so.

Todd Lewis reported that Bill Haas is expected to be ok. Has some swelling omg his legs. The driver of the Ferrari was a friend of Haas’ and owner of the home which he’s been staying at for this event. However the emotional and physical trauma of this accident is will likely keep him from playing. Sad and scary thing to happen for anyone let alone a professional athlete.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Just saw the pictures of the car they were in. Good lord that thing is a mess. I'm hoping for the best to all involved and I wonder if alcohol was involved.

Saw the gc coverage this morning and the fact he survived is amazing and that he only has some pain and swelling in the legs.

Wow. What a mess

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk

I feel for everyone who the driver has left behind and mentally scarred from the aftermath of this crash

From looking at the pictures and reading that he clipped another car just prior to the accident, it suggests he was not driving within his ability or to the conditions of the road

More often than not you hear about accidents like this where the driver walks away and it is the innocent bystanders that come off worse, so this makes a bit of a change where the driver is the one who paid the highest price

I feel for everyone who the driver has left behind and mentally scarred from the aftermath of this crash

From looking at the pictures and reading that he clipped another car just prior to the accident, it suggests he was not driving within his ability or to the conditions of the road

More often than not you hear about accidents like this where the driver walks away and it is the innocent bystanders that come off worse, so this makes a bit of a change where the driver is the one who paid the highest price
It appears to have occurred in a residential neighborhood. There is virtually no excuse for going fast enough to roll a Ferrari in a neighborhood. I'm all for spirited driving in the right circumstances, but it appears we paid the price for making poor decisions. In glad Bill and the other driver appear to be ok

It appears to have occurred in a residential neighborhood. There is virtually no excuse for going fast enough to roll a Ferrari in a neighborhood. I'm all for spirited driving in the right circumstances, but it appears we paid the price for making poor decisions. In glad Bill and the other driver appear to be ok

Ferraris are super cars. Super cars are designed to be driven by super car drivers, not rich folk.

This is really sad. My thoughts go to to the deceased. I wish people would think about their circumstances before driving such powerful cars in a neighborhood at high speed. I know I am assuming but cant imagine many other reasons for this.Loss of life is tragic.

Not a surprise but Bill Haas has officially withdrawn from the Genesis Open

Very sad event, terrible to lose a life and damage others especially given it happened in a residential area. As others mentioned if you're going to drive a Supercar fast, go to the track, otherwise drive slow and let people like me gawk.

wow this is sad! especially because it was most likely caused by human error. hopefully all of those injured can heal and the family of the driver can recover from their loss.

Scary, what a terrible thing to have to go through for all involved.

Apparently the driver of the Ferrari was 71 years old according to what I have read elsewhere

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Now reporting the deceased driver was his long time business manager 71-year-old Mark Gibello.

The following is form TMZ

"Luke Wilson went from crash victim to action hero mere moments after a Ferrari in which pro golfer Bill Haas was riding passenger caused a fatal accident ... TMZ has learned.

Tattoo artist Sean Heirigs -- who owns House of Ink in Venice, CA -- tells us he witnessed the crash Tuesday night, where he says the driver of the Ferrari, 71-year-old Mark Gibello, sped off down a road, lost control switching gears and hit a BMW in the opposite lane.
Heirigs says the BMW flipped over, and clipped Wilson's tailing car in the process. He tells us the woman inside was screaming, as her leg was stuck as her car began smoking.

That's when Wilson parked his car and ran over to get the woman out. Heirigs says he also assisted, but tells us it was Wilson who went in through the back, while he dislodged her leg. Wilson then pulled the victim out of the back of the car and they both carried her over to a curb while paramedics arrived.

As for the one fatality in the wreck -- the driver of the Ferrari -- Heirigs says he overheard the man's wife tell authorities Haas was a friend from out of town, whom her husband wanted to take for a spin."

Back