Billy Hurley's father missing

Thanks for posting Wake, I cannot imagine what the family is thinking right now. Thoughts and prayers for all of the Hurley family.

Wow, what a tuogh thing to have to go thru.

That sucks. That has to be a horrible feeling. :(

Wow! I am hopeful his father is found soon and unharmed.

I saw this earlier, that would be extremely hard to compete knowing your father has been missing for weeks. I really pray his father is safe, unharmed.

He's a local guy. Naval Academy Graduate and his father lives in Northern VA.

This has been on the local news quite a bit.

His press conference was heartbreaking.

Thoughts and prayers to his family.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

That's just horrible news. I hope that this ends quickly and happily for the Hurley family.

Hoping they find him safe. This isn't a fun thing to go through and have a friend who went through this a couple years ago with his grandfather. Fortunately it turned out ok for him.

I couldnt imagine trying to focus on playing in an event with this going on. Will be praying for BH III

I wonder why his father decided to up and leave the way he did? I hope they find him safe. Thats got to be tough for someone to go through especially when you need to be on your A game mentally.

Any update on this?

Here you go, located in Texas.

Thanks, Ary. Seems like a mighty selfish thing to just up and leave and make your family worry like that. Obviously there's some back story here that we may never know. Or maybe it is just the case that being an accomplished athlete doesn't make you immune from having family that does crazy sh*t every now and again.

They found him breaking news. Very strange story indeed....wonder what happened. Apparently he wanted a vacation, but did not tell his wife and son. I am unsure what to say to this

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Hmmm, shacking up possibly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They found him breaking news. Very strange story indeed....wonder what happened. Apparently he wanted a vacation, but did not tell his wife and son. I am unsure what to say to this
I have plenty to say, but none that wouldn't offend. As mentioned, it's an extremely selfish thing to do.

I have plenty to say, but none that wouldn't offend. As mentioned, it's an extremely selfish thing to do.
It is silly for a older gentleman to do such thingd and as a security guard he must have delt with missing people before. He should shake his head for all the trouble he caused.

Didnt Billy say they found him in a library watching golf? Like wtf dude you obviously know your family is frantically looking for your ass and you're jusy sitting in a library kickin back. Seems like a prick move to me but i guess i dont know all the details and what's really going on

It is silly for a older gentleman to do such thingd and as a security guard he must have delt with missing people before. He should shake his head for all the trouble he caused.
He should be shaken - severely - for all the trouble he caused. When I was in HS, my dad's father (my granddad) turned up missing. He was a WWII vet and had some issues (probably PTSD looking back at it now) so he'd take off from time to time. Well, this time he was gone for two weeks and no one could locate him. Turns out he had a heart attack while sitting up against a tree in his backyard. No one went back there to look. They finally found him three weeks later, in the summer, outside.

Not a fun feeling seeing the police, with lights flashing, coming up your driveway in the middle of the evening. At that point nothing really needs to be said. So when I think of people missing, I automatically think it's not going to turn out well. I bet his family probably thought the same thing ... and here he is watching golf. Jackhole.

Didnt Billy say they found him in a library watching golf? Like wtf dude you obviously know your family is frantically looking for your ass and you're jusy sitting in a library kickin back. Seems like a prick move to me but i guess i dont know all the details and what's really going on

People do awful things without any thoughts for their family. Not sure that is the case here, but it is funny how sports fans will chastize one bad parent and cheer for another...I kid I kid...kind of

He should be shaken - severely - for all the trouble he caused. When I was in HS, my dad's father (my granddad) turned up missing. He was a WWII vet and had some issues (probably PTSD looking back at it now) so he'd take off from time to time. Well, this time he was gone for two weeks and no one could locate him. Turns out he had a heart attack while sitting up against a tree in his backyard. No one went back there to look. They finally found him three weeks later, in the summer, outside.

Not a fun feeling seeing the police, with lights flashing, coming up your driveway in the middle of the evening. At that point nothing really needs to be said. So when I think of people missing, I automatically think it's not going to turn out well. I bet his family probably thought the same thing ... and here he is watching golf. Jackhole.
I am very sorry to hear about your granddad. I admit at first I though,maybe he was senile and just got lost or what have you. After I heard he was sitting watching his son at a library he knows what he is doing so no excuse for this. If I was Billy I would have a serious sit down talk with my dad and try and figure this out so it never happens again. Imagine all the thoughts his family has going through their heads,oh my.

Last edited:
Is his father ok mentally? Any dementia or early ahlziemers?

People do awful things without any thoughts for their family. Not sure that is the case here, but it is funny how sports fans will chastize one bad parent and cheer for another...I kid I kid...kind of
By sports fans do you mean me? Hahaha i hope you dont think because i talk about Tiger im ok with his cheating because im not. Now if this isnt about me or Tiger at all then disregard this hahaha

By sports fans do you mean me? Hahaha i hope you dont think because i talk about Tiger im ok with his cheating because im not. Now if this isnt about me or Tiger at all then disregard this hahaha

I was not only not talking about anybody specific, I wasnt even talking about Tiger specifically. Although pretty good example now that you mention it.

Back