CanaryKid

Reaction score
Handicap
I've just noticed that, because an odd number of players made the cut in The Open and they are going out in pairs for the final round today, Danny Willet is teeing off first on his own. Surely they could have added him to the next group and had just the one three ball group. I'm not a fan of the guy, but it seems a bit mean!

He'll probably be paired with a marker from the club.

they actually show a shot or two from the marker once in a while (who is actually pretty decent)

Someone played with a marker yesterday also...showed some video of a caddy getting selfies, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

they actually show a shot or two from the marker once in a while (who is actually pretty decent)
Yeah. It's typically the club champ or one of the other better players at the club.

As others have said, they're usually paired up with a marker. You couldn't send a group out as a 3some because they're going out first - would slow everything down.

Could Danny choose to go without the marker? I would love to go out alone and finish quickly if I were in that position.

Could Danny choose to go without the marker? I would love to go out alone and finish quickly if I were in that position.

That speed round Kevin Na played was amazing.

It's a regular thing on tour to go out as a single or with a marker when odd numbers present themselves

Any normal event and the Masters you can choose to go out alone so I assume it is the same here. Jeff Knox is a famous marker at ANGC who is known to beat the player he is marking on occasion at The Masters.

I would be surpried if your round in that situation exceeded 2 hours..haha

He was accompanied by the Club's (Royal Birkdale's) assistant pro.

Any word on how long they took?

Hey Marker, get your running shoes on. Tell your caddy to use a Sunday bag. We're breaking records today.

yes I feel to cry a tear for one fortunate enough to play golf and earn millions doing it because he may play alone.
If it was me I could care less, just give me the prize earnings when Im done.

When I want company golfing, I'll worry about that during casual rounds with friends and other players.

Any word on how long they took?

Hey Marker, get your running shoes on. Tell your caddy to use a Sunday bag. We're breaking records today.

Several years ago I was at the Byron Nelson and there was one player who went out alone on Sunday. I can't remember who it was, but his caddy told him he wasn't going to be able to keep up, so the player grabbed a high school/college age kid from the crowd to carry his bag. I want to say they finished in about 2 hours and 15 minutes. The volunteers said on several shots he would hit and jog to his ball.

Back