Birdie Ball Practice Ball & Strike Pad

TC

Keg Thrower
Reaction score
Handicap
Has anyone had any experience with these? My brother and I were at the local GolfUSA Friday and the owner swore by them. JB, have you had the chance to review these (do you review training aid goods?)

Just wondering?

here's the link to the companies website:

Golf gifts,golf accessories,golf equipment,golf nets

I have not. We contacted the company about a review and have not heard back. It is intriguing.

They push the Birdie Ball pretty hard here during the golf show. They're weird to hit at first, but after you've hit a few, they're not too terrible.

I still prefer to hit real balls into my impact net.

I have not. We contacted the company about a review and have not heard back. It is intriguing.

huh? i wonder why that is. honestly, i'm a bit suspect of anyone who doesn't want their product to be reviewed. i can't understand why they wouldn't want it to be reviewed, kinda like free advertising to me. the owner at golfusa swears by it, says that if you hit these flush they fly true, max of about 40 yards, but with the strike pad he said you could hit off of concrete, pavement, anywhere.

too bad you can't get your hands on this.

I was so intrigued by these that I went out and bought it and I will say it was WELL WELL worth it. I can not even explain to you how well this is. I completely understand you want to hit a ball in a net but you dont get the feedback from the ball in the net. If you hit it flush and straight, you know it. If you want to practice a draw, you can. Guys and Gals, I dont work for this company but I would absolutely swear by this product. I am very impressed. I got to play yesterday and I hit all the par 3's in regulation, I missed 1 by a few feet. I normally am not strong on par 3's. You dont have to buy a whole set, you can buy 1 of the birdie balls to try them out. But, I would recommend getting the lie board and box of balls. If you have a mat at home then I would just buy a dozen or so. Walk off 40 yards and swing away

hmmmmmm sounds interesting! So you can practice in the backyard with these? They kind of look like square balls? When you hit off the lie board it protects your grass and does it stay put or does it fly off with the ball?

hmmmmmm sounds interesting! So you can practice in the backyard with these? They kind of look like square balls? When you hit off the lie board it protects your grass and does it stay put or does it fly off with the ball?

gray, the guy who owns golfusa said that he hit them off the lie board in the parking lot, so i'm sure your grass will stay protected, as far as the lie board flying off, i have no idea, tha shanks will know though. he swears by this thing and it's a good way for him to work on keeping that swing on the right plane.

This thing looks interesting. Whos next to try it? Im intrigued.

This thing looks interesting. Whos next to try it? Im intrigued.

i might buy a couple of the birdie balls and hit them in the yard. tha shanks says the give you a true representation of a straight shot, slice or pull, so i'd be worth it.

i might buy a couple of the birdie balls and hit them in the yard. tha shanks says the give you a true representation of a straight shot, slice or pull, so i'd be worth it.

I agree, cant hurt to try. My backyard isnt quite big enough but I can still see applications for using these.

The lie board does not move a bit! mabe an inch here or there after multiple hits. It does not bother the grass at all. As far as not having a yard big enough, it only takes 40 yards. And these things are very true feeling. I was so surprised with the results. My neighbor is a horrible golfer and he came and hit a few and they did exactly what his golf ball does. I would highly recommend this! I am trying to work a draw out of my swing and it did it. As I said ealrier, I am typically not a great par 3 player but I hit all but one of the par 3's yesterday. I had a 4 foot birdie on one of them. :D
The cool thing is you can put a couple of these in the bag and practice a few swings when you get to the course. They really are worth it.

you dont HAVE to hit off the lie board with these. They hit just the same off the turf. But for $40 and the same concept of hitting at a range. 100% worth every penny. I am trying to find the drawback and I have not yet.

you dont HAVE to hit off the lie board with these. They hit just the same off the turf. But for $40 and the same concept of hitting at a range. 100% worth every penny. I am trying to find the drawback and I have not yet.

Awesome shanks! I had also found these a couple of months ago but just thought it was another gimminck. I have a turf mat that i chip off of into a net, are these strictly for just your long irons or can you drive with them too? And you also said you could hit with them off of the turf mat as well correct? Thanks for any help!

Awesome shanks! I had also found these a couple of months ago but just thought it was another gimminck. I have a turf mat that i chip off of into a net, are these strictly for just your long irons or can you drive with them too? And you also said you could hit with them off of the turf mat as well correct? Thanks for any help!

You can hit them with any irons or wedges. You have to buy some special tee to hit them with your driver. But I would think you could use your fwy woods all day long with them. I was hitting them out of my yard and off the lie boardand it was the same results. so I would say a mat would be fine. Your welcome! Glad I could help, I just think these things are so great. I want everyone to try them

You can hit them with any irons or wedges. You have to buy some special tee to hit them with your driver. But I would think you could use your fwy woods all day long with them. I was hitting them out of my yard and off the lie boardand it was the same results. so I would say a mat would be fine. Your welcome! Glad I could help, I just think these things are so great. I want everyone to try them

From what i'm reading if you fight a slice, it will show that when you hit it unlike whiffle balls and such......

Definately! I am telling you, it is crazy to me that it really gives true ball flight

Definately! I am telling you, it is crazy to me that it really gives true ball flight

Oh hell, i'm going to need a bigger backyard then lol

no no, it only goes about 40 yards, 60 for a driver. It really doesnt take much room. I dont have a large yard and its plenty. But by ball flight, I mean, draws, fades, etc.

hahaha, I just got what you were really saying though. Sorry, I do have a sense of humor, just picked up on that one late :banghead:

no no, it only goes about 40 yards, 60 for a driver. It really doesnt take much room. I dont have a large yard and its plenty. But by ball flight, I mean, draws, fades, etc.

I know man, i was just kidding.....sometimes my slice is so bad when I'm at the range i need another 100 yds to the right.....but that's another thread all togehther:banghead:

I know man, i was just kidding.....sometimes my slice is so bad when I'm at the range i need another 100 yds to the right.....but that's another thread all togehther:banghead:

right well, a 100 yard slice with these guys will be like a 25 yard slice. THe goal is straight damn it! hahaha

The other day I ordered the 2 dozen birdie ball and strike pad special they have going on right now and added the tees. I'll let you guys know my thoughts, they are supposed to be here Thursday.

The other day I ordered the 2 dozen birdie ball and strike pad special they have going on right now and added the tees. I'll let you guys know my thoughts, they are supposed to be here Thursday.

Keep us updated on how they worked out for you flap!

I just ordered this same set.

Back