Birdie Ball Practice Ball & Strike Pad

This will be fun, I'm going to pick up a set and they have a special on bad logo overruns (20 for $12). Add to that their special promo code seen on a youtube video (youtubebb) that gets you 15% off and I'm good to go!

Eph

I am so glad Tha Shanks put me on to these birdie balls. I even use them doing some practice drills and I have pictures of them on the thread "Ask the Pro". They are the best yard practice balls out there period for me. I love them and KellyBo and I can hit them back and forth like a tennis match if we like :eek:)... Perfect for working on your swing in a confined area. They are going to help me get my hands leading the clubhead again and solid ball striking is sure to follow!

Get you some birdie balls and you will not be disappointed!

Sounds interesting, if only I had 40 yards to play with!

Well you can actually work on your chipping with them. Put you a garden hose or whatever out 20 or so yards and see how many you can land in the zone. You can actually hit them off pavement if you order the strike pad with them but I would not advise playing in the highway :beat-up:..... A neighborhood road would work fine as long as traffic was slow etc.....

Well I just ordered a set with the strike pad. And an additional 20 "blemished" birdie balls. We also happen to have just put in a back yard that is... 40 yards long :)

I doubt I'll see them for a week at least... can't wait to try them!

Well I just ordered a set with the strike pad. And an additional 20 "blemished" birdie balls. We also happen to have just put in a back yard that is... 40 yards long :)

I doubt I'll see them for a week at least... can't wait to try them!

Nice RB. I use these things in the backyard a lot. They were pretty quick with shipping, at least to me they were. Probably take a bit longer going up your way!

Just be mindful of the wind direction. Hit into a 15-20 mph breeze and these puppies will come right back to you. Hit with the wind to your back, and you'll fly farther than 40 yards!

Birdie Ball Practice Ball & Strike Pad

I recommend qolf balls. Yes that's a q. They're really durable and don't look as weird as the birdie balls. They only go about 1/3 of the distance of a normal ball. I think they're sold by a company called bonfit, but you can find them on amazon.

I received my order yesterday. I hit about 10-15 of them off the strike pad. They make this crazy sound when you hit them, my wife and cat who were in the house were wondering what the sound was :) From early impressions they seem to do as advertised and only go 40 yards or so, and show you the true "path" of the ball. I could draw them, and hit them straight (as close to a slice as I can get). Hopefully the grass in my backyard comes in soon, so I can use them pretty much every day. My yard will be 40-50 yards long when it comes in!

I have a total of 44 Birdie Balls, and the strike pad. I plan on bringing them on my golf trip next week so I can practice at the cottages.

I saw the thread on Birdie Ball and I thought I would add a comment and ask for some help. I think they are a great tool. I am just getting back into playing regularly and I am also trying to bring my young son along for the ride. I hit them off the Vijey Singh endorsed golf mat and my son uses the pad that comes with the BirdieBall set. The only downside in my case is that I think they reward a thin hit too much. This is not all bad though. You can surely tell that you have gotten the club head back to the ball square at impact and you can work on thin hits to improve them. Since you still get a fairly good result from what is a thin hit my young son gets to enjoy his practice much more as well. My problem is that I cannot see much difference in the result from a thin hit vs solid contact with the BirdieBall. To me, unless I have hit it very poorly, BirdieBalls struck solidly or thin sound the same and feel the same with a slight reduction in distance for the thin hit. Even the trajectory is very good for a thinly hit BirdieBall. Often depending on the club the distance variable is too small to be of much help. I wanted to ask if others had noticed this tendency to reward a thin hit a bit too much and if anybody had any thoughts about this particular oddity of the Birdie Ball. In my case I continue to mix in shots with plastic balls like the "TruShot" just to make sure I am not settling for what would be thin hits out on the golf course. However the TruShot nor nothing else I have tried feels as much like a real golf ball as the BirdeiBall does. Has anyone come up with a better idea for recognizing a thin hit with the BirdieBall? They not only feel more real than other plastic practice balls, to me they feel more real than range balls. I would love to hear ideas because I really like hitting the BirdieBall and they definitely are helping me find my swing again. While I do find this thin hit thing a bit of a pain in my case the BirdieBall has played a major roll in the improvements I have made to date.

I actually sell these balls at my store in Gatlinburg. I use them in the softball field at my house. So many people asked me about them that I placed a wholesale order. I have been selling them pretty well by word of mouth. I don't like the strikepad but it keeps the softball field in good shape. I make sure I use it so the park workers don't get mad. If anyone wants some of these I will cut all THP members a nice break. If JB wants to review it I'll send him a pack. I love these things. The closest driving range is one hour away. The park is two minutes. My wife loves these things and often we move to the football field and hit them back and forth.

Aw, man. I wish you were here a couple months ago, Clam!

awesome

awesome

Yeah these things are pretty awesome!

I have lost a couple over the fence with my slice coupled with slight wind, ended up in the neighbors gutters ... gonna go to the park from now on ehehe.

I am really interested in those Qolf balls though too that chumphries brought up. Gonna order a dozen of those as well.

I actually sell these balls at my store in Gatlinburg. I use them in the softball field at my house. So many people asked me about them that I placed a wholesale order. I have been selling them pretty well by word of mouth. I don't like the strikepad but it keeps the softball field in good shape. I make sure I use it so the park workers don't get mad. If anyone wants some of these I will cut all THP members a nice break. If JB wants to review it I'll send him a pack. I love these things. The closest driving range is one hour away. The park is two minutes. My wife loves these things and often we move to the football field and hit them back and forth.

Perhaps send a dozen to the THP outing down in Flordia? I'm sure people would order some through you after hitting them there...

The Qolf balls are supposed to fly farther than the Birdie Balls which would be a problem in my case. It looks like they would fly at least 50% farther at least based on the ads for them.

Perhaps send a dozen to the THP outing down in Flordia? I'm sure people would order some through you after hitting them there...

I would be more than happy to do that. I will work out a great deal for any THP member. I will try to get a post up in the market place section. I posted that I Sold them in Gatlinburg to show how much I believe in these things. It was not to push sales. Not that I wouldn't be happy to sell more of them. I need to figure out the shipping aspect, but they are light weight and it shouldn't be much.

By the way, I still play the original dozen. They hold up great.

Birdieball golf

Birdieball golf

I'm not sure if any of you have heard of this, but I found it on Facebook. Check it out!http://www.birdieball.com/

There is another thread on here for Birdieball... I have 'em and love 'em for the park. Fly just like the real thing, only 150 yards shorter!

Edit: lol, thanks monitor!

Merged with a lengthy thread on the subject.

This post has gotten stale, but I wanted to see if everyone was still using the birdieball, and liking it? Or have they fallen apart?

What kind of trajectory do you get with your irons? High 9i, low 4i (similar to real)? I've read that the ball flight is realistic and that's awesome, but I live on 1/3 acre, so coming up with 40 yards+ at home is tight. But I could just barely manage, shooting front to back in the side yard. Any worry about windows?

I just bought a driving net from amazon to hit real balls into, but obviously, I can't get the ball flight characteristics from it. I planned to use it with some impact (masking) tape to work on ball striking. Seems like these could take care of that too.

I am still using the original set I bought two seasons ago. They hold up great. I don't use the strike pad though. Trajectory seems to match up well. Lot of fun to hit them back and forth with some one.

Thanks Clam, any thoughts on potential window damage?

I've owned this for awhile and rarely use it.

Don't get me wrong, it works. Very durable, the strikepad is re-bendable, etc.

Frankly I just prefer the look of golf balls, so I'm using the yellow almost balls instead.

To answer mdbuschsr's question: yes, these suckers are hard plastic so they can do damage. I haven't busted a window but I did put a dent in the wall.

Back