Birdie Ball Practice Ball & Strike Pad

I've owned this for awhile and rarely use it.

Don't get me wrong, it works. Very durable, the strikepad is re-bendable, etc.

Frankly I just prefer the look of golf balls, so I'm using the yellow almost balls instead.

To answer mdbuschsr's question: yes, these suckers are hard plastic so they can do damage. I haven't busted a window but I did put a dent in the wall.

well thats your first problem, they are for outdoor use...hehe

Any windows that would be in danger will be 20-25 yards away. Unfortunately, all (mine and my neighbors) are on a slice path which is my "favorite" miss. Along with the 6 iron hosel rocket that goes further right than straight. :banghead:

Any windows that would be in danger will be 20-25 yards away. Unfortunately, all (mine and my neighbors) are on a slice path which is my "favorite" miss. Along with the 6 iron hosel rocket that goes further right than straight. :banghead:

At 25 yards out, I seriously doubt they could break glass, they are slowing down by then.

My brother always has these at his place where he's got 60 yards of space to hit them in. I really like hitting these. they show slice or draw spin and low or high trajectory. Distance ratios seem to hold pretty true (a 3wood goes almost twice as far as a sand wedge) and the sound of a well struck birdie ball is nice.

Hey guys.. sorry to resurrect a dead thread but I just popped on to youtube and there was a video for almostgolf.com on the home page... a quick thp search led me here.

its seems like a lot of you guys were pretty into birdie balls a couple years ago.. anyone out there still rocking them or have an opinion if they are better or worse than what's offered at almostgolf.com

I have a decent size yard but hitting real balls other than chipping isnt an option and wiffle balls dont really give me the feedback i'm looking for.. I've really been trying to work on my game but going to the range every day is getting time consuming and kind of expensive (only 2 close ranges and i dont like giving money to the cheaper one because i was VERY unhappy with the lessons i took from the owner last year)

something like this would be perfect for me. any thoughts THP'ers?

Hey guys.. sorry to resurrect a dead thread but I just popped on to youtube and there was a video for almostgolf.com on the home page... a quick thp search led me here.

its seems like a lot of you guys were pretty into birdie balls a couple years ago.. anyone out there still rocking them or have an opinion if they are better or worse than what's offered at almostgolf.com

I have a decent size yard but hitting real balls other than chipping isnt an option and wiffle balls dont really give me the feedback i'm looking for.. I've really been trying to work on my game but going to the range every day is getting time consuming and kind of expensive (only 2 close ranges and i dont like giving money to the cheaper one because i was VERY unhappy with the lessons i took from the owner last year)

something like this would be perfect for. any thoughts THP'ers?

I still use them. I'm a block away from the HS football field and I take my kiddos over there. It's great for me to practice and for them to learn.

thanks for the response tgtt!

does it seem/feel odd hitting them since they don't look like actual golf balls?

has anyone out there tried the almostgolf balls? they seem to look like the real thing.

I think I'm definitely going to pick one of these products up so that I can maximize my practice time. Any input is appreciated.

I have the almostgolf balls and they fly very similar to real golf balls. They will fade and draw just as a real ball will. However, IMO they go too far still, an 8 iron goes 50-60 yards which is fine if you are at a park or football field, but it is too far for a backyard (or at least most backyards).

Thanks for the response Dr. I guess I'm gonna go with the birdie balls since it sounds like I'll be pushing the boundaries of my yard with almost golf.

Tap Tap Tap

Do the birdieballs float?

Pretty sure they would float, don't know that to be a absolute fact though.

I still use mine a lot, me and my boy will take two out, and hit them towards each other all of the time.
I love these things, perfect when I just have about 30 mins. or so to practice!

I'm going to try out the birdie ball. I use the almost golf ball now, but they just fly too far for a backyard.

I hit these while playing a course in South Carolina a couple years ago. They're pretty cool. Fly a short distance and feel similar to hitting a golf ball. I myself prefer hitting an actual ball, but If you're limited on the amount of room to hit then these are definitely not a bad option.

I use the almost golf balls a lot at work to hit into a net, they hold up well. they also fly true as long as its not too windy and you have plenty of yard to hit them in.

Does anyone still use these? Do they I'm prove your ball striking? I've been hitting a lot of fat shots lately. I know it's an old thread. Thanks

Does anyone still use these? Do they I'm prove your ball striking? I've been hitting a lot of fat shots lately. I know it's an old thread. Thanks

Yes, use them and it does help in ball striking provided you focus on "hitting down". I play around 10mins daily with my son and most use a GW/SW for chipping practice into a chipping net. My 8 year old just loves to smash them with his 9 iron using the Vijay Singh Mat in our backyard
They are great for kids plus they fly/spin like a real golf ball minus the distance which is ok by him since he does not have to run far to collect them and practice more !:banana:

I haven't used them in a while because I've preferred actually going to the range but I still think they're great. I'd like to point out that i think the strike pad hides fat shots a little bit. So if that's your problem, i'd just hit them off grass.

I didn't feel like driving to the range today so I took out the birdie balls & walked down to an open area in my neighborhood. I haven't hit them in about a year but they work great...shows fad/slice and ball trajectory. I hit them off grass & to be honest they fell almost just like hitting a golf ball.

Back