Birdie Ball Practice Ball & Strike Pad

Sweet, I really hope you all like it and I would love to hear feedback to know its not just me lovin these

Eagle Balls

Eagle Balls

Well I said the heck with the Birdie balls and moved up to the Eagle Balls :D
I am ordering mine today also so you will have my review.....

I've had these for a few months. My thoughts:

- I live in the city. Pretty easy to bring them to the park - I'm by no means a long hitter, but 40 yards sounds about right.

- There's a few feet per club of distance differentiation. It's relatively easy to tell whether you're hitting one club well relative to those around it in the bag, based solely on birdie ball distance traveled.

- Ball flight is pretty true. You shank it, it shanks. Hooks and slices come through naturally. High and straight is a joy to watch. Because flight is similar across the bag, your pitching wedge will fly a path almost identical to your 4 iron, just a few yards shorter. That can be a little weird to watch.

- It's much easier to work with irons and wedges (and niblicks!) with these than fairway woods. That said, they do work with woods and hybrids. I normally grab a few clubs and head to the park (5-7-9 and a wedge, or something similar) with two dozen birdie balls. Pretty easy to loosen up, hit a few dozen good shots, and walk home. Much easier to find time for this than to get to a range!

- Another fun use: indoor chipping practice that won't dent the walls if you're terrible. I use a laundry hamper as a chipping net http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/80099224

I've had these for a few months. My thoughts:

- I live in the city. Pretty easy to bring them to the park - I'm by no means a long hitter, but 40 yards sounds about right.

- There's a few feet per club of distance differentiation. It's relatively easy to tell whether you're hitting one club well relative to those around it in the bag, based solely on birdie ball distance traveled.

- Ball flight is pretty true. You shank it, it shanks. Hooks and slices come through naturally. High and straight is a joy to watch. Because flight is similar across the bag, your pitching wedge will fly a path almost identical to your 4 iron, just a few yards shorter. That can be a little weird to watch.

- It's much easier to work with irons and wedges (and niblicks!) with these than fairway woods. That said, they do work with woods and hybrids. I normally grab a few clubs and head to the park (5-7-9 and a wedge, or something similar) with two dozen birdie balls. Pretty easy to loosen up, hit a few dozen good shots, and walk home. Much easier to find time for this than to get to a range!

- Another fun use: indoor chipping practice that won't dent the walls if you're terrible. I use a laundry hamper as a chipping net http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/80099224

Thanks for the review! If I were to hit these towards my house, would it dent the siding or wood? I was just wondering because I don't think I have 40 yards to spare in my backyard....thanks for any help.....

Thanks for the review! If I were to hit these towards my house, would it dent the siding or wood? I was just wondering because I don't think I have 40 yards to spare in my backyard....thanks for any help.....

It def wont hurt the house, my neaighbor was hitting them and I was catching them. They are gentle little birdies. Glad to see you got you some too Gray. I am def going to bring mine to our outting. Along with Natalie Gulbis, she asked to come and I told her she was more than welcome. Someone needs to play from the ladies tees with Gray :D

I cant wait to hear everyones reviews. Glad to see someone else has had some experience with these and likes them. You can hit these things anywhere CLG, dont just think back yard

It def wont hurt the house, my neaighbor was hitting them and I was catching them. They are gentle little birdies. Glad to see you got you some too Gray. I am def going to bring mine to our outting. Along with Natalie Gulbis, she asked to come and I told her she was more than welcome. Someone needs to play from the ladies tees with Gray :D

I cant wait to hear everyones reviews. Glad to see someone else has had some experience with these and likes them. You can hit these things anywhere CLG, dont just think back yard

Cool thanks for all of the help man! I think i'll go with the package that everyone else got for 2 dozen and the hitting mat.....just so I don't have to keep chasing them down after only hitting three!

Yeah definatley a good buy. I only got 12 cause I didnt get them online. You will be surprised of how much chasing down you wont have to do. They are different colored and just so you know, that means nothing. Its just if 2 different people are hitting or I guess you could use it with different clubs. But yu will see that there is not much difference in clubs. Just a few feet

Hey noooooo problem Shanks,,,, I will be glad to accomdate old Natalie :D

Hey noooooo problem Shanks,,,, I will be glad to accomdate old Natalie :D

I bet, at least I know you wont be shooting very well that day so I will be more than willing to bet

My birdie balls arrived today, the tees came with a ball too so I ended up with 25 balls, a short tee, a tall tee and the strike mat for $50. They are all white but with 4 different color logos per dozen.

My back yard is still pretty soupy from the recent rain we have had but I took out my PW, 7 iron and hybrid to give them a quick try. These things are amazing, after a couple of swings my first thought was is this company traded publicly? :D The strike pad is nice if you are worried about divots in your yard and in the 25 swings I took it didn't move at all. You can hit these off the ground or a mat too but I'm interested to see what they will do in taller rough or a bunker in more of a buried lie. I'm going to take one to the course next time and drop it in a bunker to see what happens. If they work out of a bunker I might be digging a hole in my back yard and filling it with sand, haha.

The thing I like about them over the plastic wiffle balls are they actually feel like you are hitting a golf ball, the weight is there. They take off like a golf ball and the fight is true to my usual ball fight. If I slice it my neighbors dog is ducking out of the way because the hated slice showed up too. Nothing can replace hitting an actual golf ball but for those with limited space and a longer car ride to a range like I have these will really save some time and money over going to the range.:clapp:

If you are on the fence about these, pick some up and give them a try, you wont be disappointed. I can't wait for it to dry up a little so I can get out and practice more.:golf:

that's awesome to hear mudflap. my little bro swears by these things, and after reading your review i might have to pick a couple of these up. i already hit balls out of my yard and have a designated area that's allowed to "get messed up".

thanks for sharing.

Thanks for writing up a little review. I am glad you like them, I am with you on these, I am so glad I bought them. I was also just in awww that they fly like a golf ball.

Yeah, I hit balls out of my yard too. My back yard was an all dirt RC car track at one point and it will never win any perfect lawn contest anyway lol. But for those who need it at home or a park the strike pad saves the lawn. I plan to hit them off the ground most of the time though too.

Looking forward to what you and the others who ordered them think about them. So far I think they are the best money I have spent on golf training...well except for lessons of course.

Practice with Birdies :eek:)

Practice with Birdies :eek:)

Great review there Mud!!!! I ordered mine a couple of days ago so I am looking forward to trying these birdies out..... I have a couple of drills Andy suggested to me concerning swing plane with the wedge game and I will be taking these to the back yard...

Don't worry Calloway as I am not going to over practice :D

did he tell you thats what he thinks I have been doing Gray? Cause I went out and shot an 85 to follow it by a 99 :banghead:

Gray, maybe these will help your game since all that Cobra or is it Puma, stuff is holding you back lol

You know its a good time to look into some Nike Machspeed irons right now? lol If you go to GG and get them you can get the Machspeed hybrid for free with enough left for 2 Nike hats!! YEAHH!!!

Gray, maybe these will help your game since all that Cobra or is it Puma, stuff is holding you back lol

You know its a good time to look into some Nike Machspeed irons right now? lol If you go to GG and get them you can get the Machspeed hybrid for free with enough left for 2 Nike hats!! YEAHH!!!

i love it kev! i'm glad i'm not the only one who give old gray a tough time about those snakes in his bag. he loves them though, and i think that's cool.

didn't you get some birdie balls as well?

i love it kev! i'm glad i'm not the only one who give old gray a tough time about those snakes in his bag. he loves them though, and i think that's cool.

didn't you get some birdie balls as well?

lol yeah its all good fun! Gotta go with what you like.

Yeah mine are coming this Saturday.

lol yeah its all good fun! Gotta go with what you like.

Yeah mine are coming this Saturday.

i think i might pick up a couple of them today and give them a whirl. i spend most of my evening in the yard with the little man hitting golf balls anyway. i'm sure he'll like the birdie ball as well, as it would make a fantastic bath toy!

are you getting the machspeed irons as well? i notice that your irons in your signature are blank. i'd love to hit them but no one around here has a demo for a lefty.

i think i might pick up a couple of them today and give them a whirl. i spend most of my evening in the yard with the little man hitting golf balls anyway. i'm sure he'll like the birdie ball as well, as it would make a fantastic bath toy!

are you getting the machspeed irons as well? i notice that your irons in your signature are blank. i'd love to hit them but no one around here has a demo for a lefty.

Its in the works! You keep running into that same issue, maybe you need turn around the "right" way LOL :D

Its in the works! You keep running into that same issue, maybe you need turn around the "right" way LOL :D

i wish i could, but then i'd just play like my brother, haha! that's one of the reasons why i love the pga superstore, all the lefty equipment you can shake a stick at, plus they designate a launch monitor and hitting area just for the lefties (i never have to wait to hit anything).

i wish i could, but then i'd just play like my brother, haha! that's one of the reasons why i love the pga superstore, all the lefty equipment you can shake a stick at, plus they designate a launch monitor and hitting area just for the lefties (i never have to wait to hit anything).

That's cool calloway, where is that store located at?

That's cool calloway, where is that store located at?

there's one in atlanta and two in myrtle beach. all locations are a good drive from me, but it's so much fun to be there for the day. they'll let you hit anything too which is kind of nice. it was fun when i was there in february b/c i was able to hit most of the drivers featured in the thp shootout. most of the golf equipment retailers around here don't have a lot of options for me so it was a lot of fun.

there's one in atlanta and two in myrtle beach. all locations are a good drive from me, but it's so much fun to be there for the day. they'll let you hit anything too which is kind of nice. it was fun when i was there in february b/c i was able to hit most of the drivers featured in the thp shootout. most of the golf equipment retailers around here don't have a lot of options for me so it was a lot of fun.

NIIIIICE, I could see myself staying there all day as well. what other places do they let you demo clubs besides the superstore?

NIIIIICE, I could see myself staying there all day as well. what other places do they let you demo clubs besides the superstore?

most retailer will let you demo (dick's, golf galaxy, golf usa, nevada bob's) but they just don't have the amount of left handed gear, at least in this area. at the pga superstore i could literally go and grab a brand new g15 or diablo edge and they'd tape it up and let me hit it. the guys that work there were extremely nice and knowledgeable which made it even better.

Back