ThatGuy

US Navy Veteran
Reaction score
Handicap
Nope
I've had a dozen of them and haven't used them in a while. Would rather hit balls into my net (which I also haven't done in some time either haha) If you want them, pm me

I have bunch of them. Good for the yard and kids. I bought the mat too, I don’t have enough room to swing full speed though. Kids have their yard club too.

I have a box (12) of them, and have used them. They will do what the manufacturer says they will do.

I have hit them using my full swing with all my irons. (2-lw) Even my 7W. Nothing has broke yet, and they are 12-15 years old.

Depending on how you hit them they will mimic a golf ball's flight.hooks, draws, fades, slices, tops, skies, and fatties. I think you can even shank them.

I don't have the hitting pad for them so I can't vouch for that.

On another note. I carry two of them in my bag at all times. When the practice green is being over run by humanity, I can always find a open area to putt on. The Birdie Balls make great targets when stood on their end.

Word of caution. Even though these things look like a piece of thicker pvc with beveled edges, they are not. A copy, made from pvc will crack a part immeadiately. That said, I do know a craftsman who made something very similar out of wood, using his lathe. His were not hollow and flew farther.

Last edited:
I have a set of birdie balls and my father has some too. I really like the way they fly and are WAY better than nothing. I think I got the pro model for cold temperatures and none have broken.

How far does a birdie ball go when you hit it with say a 7 iron?

I got a whole bunch of them made for my company events, everyone thought they were napkin rings haha! But I do take about 20 of them to the park, use a mat so I don't damage the grass and it's a good way to practice and get a few steps in as you pick them up. They do fly like real balls, feeling wise not bad for a non-ball. They make a fun "zing" sound from the drag. Not bad if you have the space, for a 5i you really only go about 40~50yds. They are designed to only go about that far no matter how hard you hit them i think.

Back