Birthday traditions?

Scratchnurse

Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
Today is my birthday and when I wake up in 5 hours I have 36 holes between two different courses on opposite ends of the city. This is my 4th year in a row playing 36 holes on my birthday so consider it my tradition.
Just curious if anyone else does something similar, or even the exact same thing?

Today is my birthday and when I wake up in 5 hours I have 36 holes between two different courses on opposite ends of the city. This is my 4th year in a row playing 36 holes on my birthday so consider it my tradition.
Just curious if anyone else does something similar, or even the exact same thing?
Happy Birthday!! That is one heck of a great tradition! As someone with a January birthday, I’d love the ability to play golf around then!

My traditions are more around food. Family tradition says that if it’s your bday, you get to choose what’s for dinner. I usually go with baked spaghetti. But I ALWAYS ask for chocolate mayonnaise cake! YUM!!

Awesome. Love that yearly embedded tradition.

When it comes to birthdays, my tradition is now to, um... ignore them.

Because I don't wanna face the number (will turn 55 come November). Kidding, but not kidding. I embrace getting older as the alternative is unacceptable. But I really don't wanna acknowledge my date of birth as to celebration. Years are getting way too high relative to my actual maturity level. I mean, I still laugh at farts. Especially my own. Intended, or otherwise.

"Cleanup on aisle five!"

See??

Last edited:
Happy Birthday!

It's awesome that you've got an annual tradition that you can enjoy and repeat year over year. Like @YukonLiving I'm a December birthday so golf is a no-go without significant travel involved. I guess my tradition is to try and make sure nobody knows it's my birthday

My birthday is late next month. Every year I hope to be able to play golf on or near the day. That depends on the weather as late October can be non golfing weather here.

I'm a Nov b-day so usually no golf for me. I'm not big on traditions, I take things as they come.

That is an awesome plan I usually get 18 in I need to step my game up lol! Happy birthday

Happy birthday! Hope you go low both rounds.

The last couple of years me and the guys in my group have started picking a course that we’ve never played in the Southern Pines/Pinehurst area and going down to play that on our birthday. Most of the time we’ll try to squeeze in another round somewhere else on the way home as well. The vibes are always high for the birthday rounds 🙌🏻

My tradition for many years was to play a round of free golf at one of the Huron Clinton Metro Park courses here in SE Mitten. These courses all offered a free round on a golfer's birthday and if you had a birthday in November-March, they gave you the round 6 months later on your 1/2 birthday (e.g. December 20 = June 20). Then I would go to a Mainstreet Ventures family of restaurants location and have a free birthday dinner (pay for spouse, my dinner free).

The pandemic sort of knocked me off my standard schedule. The Mainstreet Ventures restaurants no longer offer the free dinner and I have not ventured out to a Metro Park course on my birthday for a couple years. Sigh. NEXT YEAR I am going to re-start the tradition!!

:birthday:

I used to be on so many birthday meal emails that my birthday month was bulking season. :ROFLMAO:

Happy Birthday, had mine 3 days ago. Tradition is you get to choose which place we go to eat. Playing golf tomorrow.

Happy Birthday!

I live in Ohio with a December birthday. If a course is open I am playing.

82 in the morning and 89 in the afternoon. Haven’t been playing the best lately but Atleast got one birthday birdie.

Attachments

• 9309567C-3FC5-4E32-96C0-E1E34C2F9292.jpeg
    9309567C-3FC5-4E32-96C0-E1E34C2F9292.jpeg
    67 KB · Views: 2
Happy birthday!

My birthday is the end of January, so I'm lucky if it's not covered in snow - very rare that I can get on a course anywhere near the day in question, so is usually just a quiet one with family and so much food that I'm feeling ill for days afterwrads!

I hope this becomes a new tradition. My neighbor runs the local country so my wife asked if I could golf there on my birthday. He said no problem have him but together a foursome and everything would be complementary. I can’t afford the place so it was a great experience. The course was great but the fun part was stopping at the halfway house and giving my name and the girl said we’re supposed to give what ever need.

Back