Birthday Wish - Quality Golf Shoes

CobraX51

F-ck Yeah Baby!
Reaction score
Handicap
Alright so the end of this month I turn another year older and was asked by my girlfriends family what I wanted to do for my birthday(They love doing birthday and Christmas gifts, to me it's just another day but whatever). I said a night at TopGolf since I've never been, and a "joint" gift of quality golf shoes.

I've been a big fan of the Adidas Tech Response 3.0 shoes. A for the comfort, B for how light they are, C for the price of $59.99, and with some coupons and GG gift certificates I can get them for under $45 sometimes. It's the best golf shoe I've ever worn, but the problem is the wear these shoes have, or lack thereof I should say, you get what you pay for apparently haha.

It seems like around the 5 or 6 month mark of these golf shoes a hole develops inside left heel, it sucks because then I just pickup another pair, and the same thing happens. I now have one of the old pairs simply for the range, the new ones I just got last month for my regular rounds of golf and that's it.

This past weekend I saw how popular the Adidas Tour 360 Boost was with Golfers who are contractually obligated with Adidas. And since I love my current shoes I figured let's just stick with the same brand but this time a more quality shoe that will hopefully last longer, it better at least haha.

So what would be your preferred golf shoe that you'd recommend in that $200 or less range? Obviously doesn't have to be Adidas but that is the leader in the clubhouse. And of course I could help save money by going to Budget Golf to order and whatnot with the THP discount code.

Thanks!

Alright so the end of this month I turn another year older and was asked by my girlfriends family what I wanted to do for my birthday(They love doing birthday and Christmas gifts, to me it's just another day but whatever). I said a night at TopGolf since I've never been, and a "joint" gift of quality golf shoes.

I've been a big fan of the Adidas Tech Response 3.0 shoes. A for the comfort, B for how light they are, C for the price of $59.99, and with some coupons and GG gift certificates I can get them for under $45 sometimes. It's the best golf shoe I've ever worn, but the problem is the wear these shoes have, or lack thereof I should say, you get what you pay for apparently haha.

It seems like around the 5 or 6 month mark of these golf shoes a hole develops inside left heel, it sucks because then I just pickup another pair, and the same thing happens. I now have one of the old pairs simply for the range, the new ones I just got last month for my regular rounds of golf and that's it.

This past weekend I saw how popular the Adidas Tour 360 Boost was with Golfers who are contractually obligated with Adidas. And since I love my current shoes I figured let's just stick with the same brand but this time a more quality shoe that will hopefully last longer, it better at least haha.

So what would be your preferred golf shoe that you'd recommend in that $200 or less range? Obviously doesn't have to be Adidas but that is the leader in the clubhouse. And of course I could help save money by going to Budget Golf to order and whatnot with the THP discount code.

Thanks!
So I have the 200 dollar Adidas tour 2.0 with boost tech and LOVE them. However, puma, footjoy and Under Armor all make similar shoes with the BOA technology which I am now heavily interested in. If you can spring for the tour 2.0, I would. I love the tech between your feet and the spikes, as I can play all 18 without pain. They stay clean, easy to clear the spikes and the laces dont come undone often. I'm satisfied with them.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I always walk so wear spikeless. I have owned several shoes from the various Adidas Adicross lines and they have all been high quality and the sole wear has been significantly better than any others I have tried. The uppers always wear out long before the soles do. And generally that is after a minimum or 125 walking rounds. And don't think I have ever paid more than $60 for any of them.

Sketchers!!! I love my sketchers. Last for a long time and the hands down most comfortable golf shoes I’ve ever worn.

FJ Icon......grown man shoes.

I know the price tag is a little higher, but the new puma pwradapt are by far the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn.
https://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php/100695-Puma-Golf-PWRADAPT-Shoes
Thank you to everyone who has replied thus far. This has definitely caught my eye. $150 and I have a coupon at GG/DICKS of $30 off your purchase of $150 or more. I'm sure the family will appreciate that as well haha.

I've just started reading the thread on these shoes...Pencil me as interested.

Skechers in the elite v3 spikeless are very comfortable out of the box and the spikeless give excellent traction. And I just ordered a pair of Ecco Biom Hybrid 3 with the budgetgolf discount code for THP because until Skechers I primarily wore Ecco.

Personally, I was a big fan of Adidas until all the tearing in the heel nonsense.
I've gone to the new FJ DNAs and a huge fan of them.

Wait you wear skechers right.....???? The Mark Cuban of golf shoes.....blech

Hey @JB can we get a shoe event to help my buddy here move his fashion in the current century? :alien:

Hey @JB can we get a shoe event to help my buddy here move his fashion in the current century? :alien:
Specters and fashion should never be used in the same sentence.....ever.
Puma, Nike, Adidas, Ecco, FootJoy, Specters (one of these doesn't fit, it's the last one for old man feet )

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk

Skechers.....crocs....same difference.

Here cobra. Here's what Dave thinks is the fashion route would look like.
f18c8d36e16c47171b58b0ff196b787b.jpg

Do yourself a favor and go to a PGATSS and try on a pair of Ecco's before you buy the next pair.
You owe yourself at least to try them on. I really like the silicone in the inserts so your feet don't move - Nice Touch.

Not are they only the best (Completely Biased), their customer service is outstanding.
They will stand behind their product and will investigate any issues you would have with a pair of their shoes.

Ecco also has a great Golf Shoe Kit that I would recommend as well.

All depends on your feet and body type but a good pair of shoes if you walk is the most important piece of equipment you can have. Adidas makes a bunch of good ones...Traxion, Adisport, Boost, etc. Skechers are super comfortable although seem to fit inconsistent but if you get one that fits perfect, they may be the best. I've never liked Footjoy because they always seem so wide but the DNA feels great and the Freestyles are terrific. You can still find some Freestyles in older year models for like 79 bucks which I would tell anyone looking for shoes to jump on.

Thank you to everyone who has replied thus far. This has definitely caught my eye. $150 and I have a coupon at GG/DICKS of $30 off your purchase of $150 or more. I'm sure the family will appreciate that as well haha.

I've just started reading the thread on these shoes...Pencil me as interested.

Mine just came today. $119 shipped from Budget Golf

0907e2e98bdcd1b4b3eaeee2d5c51c8f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a pair of Footjoy Dryjoys (Tour?) that I have had for probably 10 years since the pair before them were replaced under warranty by Footjoy. They were replaced because one of the spike sockets came out of the bottom of the shoe and they had a 2yr waterproof warranty. I have had no issues with this replacement pair. I walk most of my rounds and they are holding up well. Probably need new shoestrings, but that's small.

And I just ordered a pair of Ecco Biom Hybrid 3 with the budgetgolf discount code for THP because until Skechers I primarily wore Ecco.
Nice looking shoe but I am pretty stubborn about having to wear spiked shoes. Tried Spikeless several years ago and never cared for it, it's spikes or nothing.

I'll be the Nike fanboy and put in a vote for the lunar control vapors. Kind of a mix between golf shoes and sports cleats. May be the best grip I've ever had with golf shoes. I'll be rocking these pretty much exclusively this year, though I may rotate in some of the more traditional spikeless variants in the core summer months.

Link for example. I could never pull this color combo off, but you probably could!

https://www.budgetgolf.com/nike-lunar-control-vapor-2-spikeless-golf-shoes-grey-blue.html

I have been really happy with my ASICS. I found them on eBay maybe give them a look.

Puma PwrAdapt hands down the most comfortable golf shoe I have worn. They are available for $119 at Budget Golf with THP discount.

Back