Black Fly Outfitter Buff - Worn by Martin Kaymer at the WGC Accenture

ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
Over the weekend I was watching the WGC Accenture Match Play event out in Arizona when I noted Martin Kaymer wearing a strange(to me) piece of neck wear. There were a few different stories going around over the weekend on just what exactly it was that he was wearing. For those not knowing what I am talking about here is a picture of him from the weekend.

mediaManager

Well on my way in to work the morning I was listening to an interview on Fairways of Life with Matt Adams. The guest was Vaughn Cochran who is the created of the Black Fly Outfitter Buff. The Buff was made for outdoorsmen with fishermen the main demographic. Vaughn went on to talk about the fabric used for this product which he referred to as CoolMax. He said that it's great in the cold because it keeps you warm, but also great in the heat because it doesn't make you hot.

They have 33 different patterns for the Buff. If you want to check out more on this product go to http://www.blackflyoutfitters.com/ and click on the link for Buffs. It appears the the cheapest ones cost $23.

Check out the site, let's hear what you guys think of this product. Might be a decent item to do a THP review on, especially for the crew that will be golfing in the cold weather soon. I'd love to see what people think of it in both hot and cold weather.

Is he fixing to rob a bank?

I think I'm going to look into something like this for when it's mosquito season up here.

I won't ever wear one. I hate having anything around my neck. I don't like wearing shirts and ties, I don't like wearing turtle neck shirts, and I don't like collars that fit too tightly.

Personally, I thought he looked ridiculous with that on.

Interesting concept, I can see how it could come in handy. did they mention which one Kaymer was using, there seem to be a variety of models with unique features on the website.

Interesting, thanks for sharing ddec! I suppose it might keep your neck and maybe your upper body a little warmer due to not letting cold air down your shirt collar, but I'm skeptical of the value it holds beyond that. Maybe THP can secure one for a review, I'd like to hear more about it for sure.

I think he looked good, I don't think I would wear one because I never really find my neck to warm or two cold and we don't have a lot of bugs here, but its kind of cool.

Bubba had on a 1/38 500k watch.....perhaps THP can secure one of those for a review as well?

They make UA Coldgear and bug spray that reason. He looks ridiculous.... looks like he went neutral so wouldn't upset the Bloods or Crips.

I think he looked good, I don't think I would wear one because I never really find my neck to warm or two cold and we don't have a lot of bugs here, but its kind of cool.
I don't think I would wear one either, I don't seem to have any problem with my neck being too cold either, I do however have a tendency for my ears to get too cold, but then I am out there sporting the Kucher look with my knit cap.

Those are real popular with fishing guides and captains down my way for sun protection...I thought it looked ridiculous on the golf course.

I read that he wore it only because he hadn't packed a turtleneck for the weather.

For fishing yes.........for golf, I'm not so sure. But he is #1 so I guess he can be a little odd if he wants.

Those are real popular with fishing guides and captains down my way for sun protection...I thought it looked ridiculous on the golf course.

yeah that's what the guy was saying in the interview. He said he received over 1000 orders on Sat/Sun/Mon. He got in touch with Kaymers people and told them they can have however many they want.

I would consider wearing one when I'm out playing in 40 degree weather, but I don't think I'd wear one when playing in warm, humid weather. It may not look great, but as long as it gets the job done and keeps me out golfing more I'd consider it.

well, I quite like the idea. I think it looked fine on the course. Personally, I would wear it.

well, I quite like the idea. I think it looked fine on the course. Personally, I would wear it.

Yeah and you like how Overton dresses too.... so we take your opinion with a grain of salt to begin with! :D

Yeah and you like how Overton dresses too.... so we take your opinion with a grain of salt to begin with! :D

I am Overton bro....dont knock my attire!

Agree 100%. I think it looked awesome and I would most definitely wear one.

Alot of soccer players wear them as well. Let the jokes begin.

I'm going to have to say no on this. I thought Kaymer looked rediculous. Definitely didn't look like a golfer. Keep it for the fisherman.

So how long until we see like Loudmouth golf have these in their crazy prints!!!

I'm going to have to say no on this. I thought Kaymer looked rediculous. Definitely didn't look like a golfer. Keep it for the fisherman.

Have to agree on all points. Not a big fan of this look either....collar wise

80419108.jpg

Last edited:
was tweeting with Matt Adams who conducted the interview, I asked him if he would wear one.

“@upstateNYgolfer: @MattAdamsFoL question is would you wear one?” I've got skin cancer, so yes I would

NO way you're getting through airport security with one of those on.

Back