Black Friday golf deals

tehuti

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
20+
Is it just me, or are all of the online golf retailers advertising their huge Black Friday deals just selling stuff for the same old prices? I was actually looking to see if I could snag some deals, but all of the prices seem normal.

I think it is a result of the surge in buying the last part of this season. The manufacturers are not sitting on a ton of inventory and stores are pretty light as well. As the industry shifted to managing their inventory levels to run out near the end of a product’s life cycle we aren’t seeing the overload of clubs needing to be reduced (the old Taylor Made model of 3 generations of drivers sitting on a rack at Golf Galaxy). I have gotten more notices of OEMs being out of stock on models/lofts far earlier than I had in the past.

I have high hopes for Hogan. They keep posting about it...I need some new irons!

Rockbottom had a 20% code, Lostgolfballs has really great deals on mint proV, CPO is getting low on stock, but still some excellent deals. They're out there if you look around. It's also not black Friday yet, so more deals are to come.

Still a few more days till Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Already some discount coupons out right now.

But Clubs are selling pretty well right now even without discounts.

I’m just gonna be blunt.....I honestly don’t ever remember the being any HUGE “cant pass up that price” kinda deals on Black Friday for golf stuff. Sales? Yes. Better prices? Sure.

Personally I think the whole "Black Friday" thing has been watered down over the last few years. Sure, there are still some good deals to be had, but it's gotten so mainstream I don't think it has the same magnitude it did years ago.

If you add shipping, is there a big savings compared to retail? Perhaps, only if you buy over 149.00?

Shipping didn't come anywhere near my 20% savings today.

If you add shipping, is there a big savings compared to retail? Perhaps, only if you buy over 149.00?
All I know is I don’t have to get in the car and go anywhere to shop.... online shopping is definitely for me.... shipping just like sales tax... is what it is.... to least me

Callaway Pre-owned has great deals. But that is normal for them - always some great deals going on there.

I find that late January and early February always gets me the best deals especially when they need to move inventory. Not much at all for Black Friday or Cyber Monday. I often look though and sometimes I do catch something, but far too few deals in my opinion.

I think it is a result of the surge in buying the last part of this season. The manufacturers are not sitting on a ton of inventory and stores are pretty light as well. As the industry shifted to managing their inventory levels to run out near the end of a product’s life cycle we aren’t seeing the overload of clubs needing to be reduced (the old Taylor Made model of 3 generations of drivers sitting on a rack at Golf Galaxy). I have gotten more notices of OEMs being out of stock on models/lofts far earlier than I had in the past.
Callaway Pre-owned has great deals. But that is normal for them - always some great deals going on there.

True that! When Callaway released the Epic Flash I hit the demo at a local golf shop. Fell in love with it, but at $530 to $560 per it was out of my price range. My buddy told to just wait and buy a left over club the next Spring. But that doesn't work with Callaway drivers, they sell out! Then someone told me about Callaway Pre-owned. Got on there early this year and got my Epic Flash for $225 delivered!

Back