Blackberry Storm 2

Graz

Husker Pride Nation Wide
Reaction score
Handicap
Well I decided to upgrade from my original Storm that I got on release day last November. I got the Storm 2 today (on release day). It just wanted to do a quick initial review for those that care.

The first and most obvious change is the Surepress touchscreen. It is far more stable as it does not swivel around like on Storm 1. The gaps previously found on the Storm 1's screen are now sealed. The touchscreen is now much much more responsive. There are now multiple contact points under the touch screen instead of just one big one in the middle. This makes typing much much faster. The Storm 2 may be the fast Blackberry I have ever typed on and I was lightning on the the physical Blackberry keyboards.

Fit and finish is much improved. Quality control appears to also be much improved over the previous incarnation. The Storm 2 is slightly heavier than the Storm 1 but it actually makes it feel more durable which I am positive that it is.

Memory is much improved on the 2. The expandable memory which is included is double what was sent out in the Storm 1. Internal memory apparently is also more than previously.

The operating system (5.0) is legit! It is greatly improved over it's predecessor. Faster, smoother, more responsive and just plain nicer to look at. It now includes flick scrolling which is a small but welcomed improvement.

Overall I am super happy i decided to make the jump. While I had OS 5.0 on my previous Storm, the hardware made the jump well worth it. While it is hard to beat the non-touchscreen Blackberrys, this touch screen gets you closer to the physical keyboard experience with the super cool widescreen (video looks awesome on this screen by the way).

I hope this brief review gave a least a little info. My experience with the phone is only about 5 hours so I could not go to in depth.

Enjoy!

I need the tactile keyboard, but for touch screens, this device looks as good as anything out there or better.

The tactile keyboard is certainly nice. This keyboard does give very nice feedback although not as nice as the physical keyboard. I would say it is a nice compromise of the the physical keyboard and a touchscreen keyboard. I think Rimm may have a nice future after all with touch screen phones.

I'm glad this subject came up...I have Verizon Wireless and was looking at the Blackbery's for my 2yr renewal...what tactile Blackberry's would you guys recommend

Hands down the Tour

i too like having a tactile keyboard. I find I make a lot less mistakes using that vs using say an iphone.

My upgrade is coming up and I'm definitely getting another BB. I love mine and it's only a pearl. I'll also be getting one with a keyboard. Not a big fan of touchscreens!

Back