TCB2010

How good do the HMB’s look?!
Reaction score
Are you a fan? Do you use one or have used one?

Examples-
Odyssey metal x 8
Odyssey pt82
Bettinardi 6
SC Napa
Wilson 8802

What else is there?

Eh, I don't like them. They look like you should have a cleek, spoon, and a mashie to go with it.

I love blades. All three putters I've owned have been blades, granted one was from a starter set lol
I have a Nike Method Origin B2-01 and a Odyssey Stroke Lab One at the moment with the SL One in the bag. I absolutely love the Nike though

Like the looks of that head shape but cannot putt with one very well. I play mostly center, or near center, shafted blades so that probably has something to do with it.

I love blades. All three putters I've owned have been blades, granted one was from a starter set lol
I have a Nike Method Origin B2-01 and a Odyssey Stroke Lab One at the moment with the SL One in the bag. I absolutely love the Nike though

9669D99E-00C3-4329-9760-F2D52F9080A7.jpeg

I have historically had zero attraction to blade putters, but have been madly jealous of the head cover options. The Toulon Chicago has my heart though.

I like the head shape a lot, especially the Napa but I cannot putt worth anything with that much toe flow.

I much prefer the look of a blade, own "2." In quotes because only one is a true blade, a Yes Callie.

The other, I thought may serve as a bridge of sorts, a Scotty Squareback. It's larger than a typical blade, more substantial.

But neither works, they just gotta be defective I tell ya.

I'll keep trying but I'll probably keep going back to mallets just the same.

No, I'm sure of it... I'll keep going back.

"Croquet, anyone?"

Have been using a center shafted, face balanced blade putter for a couple of years now and wouldn't try anything else. Have had great success with a Ping Sigma G CS Kinloch putter over the past year.

Ping Sigma G Kinloch C.jpg

I can appreciate a blade putter... especially some of the more ornate and decorated ones... those with lots of milling... but personally I don't think I like them all that much. I won't turn any away were they to be given to me and I'm always open to changing my mind(y)

Ok so I listed examples in my very first post and then I’ve posted some pictures of the blade putter and the shape of head. :ROFLMAO:
This is the shape of the blade putter I’m talking about.

1BD595FD-4456-422F-8B8B-E41AFA5A7164.jpeg

Toulon Latrobe is another option

Personally I am not a fan at all. In looks or in use. They don't work for me in the slightest, and I just don't like to look at them.

I don't mind the #9 style a little bit (which is based off of it), and I think that's because it's wider. I've had wishy-washy success with that style.

1586266075038.png

Ive got a Wilson Staff 8802. Its a beautiful putter and has so much feel. Some people find it intimidating because it has no perimeter weighting at all but its really not bad. You just have to know that the sweet spot isnt quite where youd think it is. The sweet spot in more towards the heel, not the middle.

Oh! Now I see. I was thinking more of the Anser typr of blade.... not the 8802. I don't get all warm and fuzzy for the 8802. It just doesn't appeal to me.

I love the look, but the results I have had with those shapes is terrible.
Worst accuracy of any shape for me.

I love my blades, but I use the Anser/Newport style. I'm not a big fan of the head of the 8802. I don't know of any tour pros who use them, other than Lefty. And, his putting isn't nearly what it once was.

I love my blades, but I use the Anser/Newport style. I'm not a big fan of the head of the 8802. I don't know of any tour pros who use them, other than Lefty. And, his putting isn't nearly what it once was.
Phil was using a SL Black Ten for a while, then went back to a blade fairly recently.

A friend of mine who just started playing golf was given an 8802 style putter in a hand-me-down bag. I tried it once and immediately handed it back to him, I couldn't even with that thing.

Back