NEWS Blast Launches New Golf App

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a press release

Blast Motion announces the launch of its new and highly anticipated Blast Golf solution. In an industry first, Blast Golf 4.10 introduces the ability to support all forms of Short Game, including Bunker mode, allowing golfers to capture, analyze, and work on all types of shots from 75 yards and in. Tour Professionals and PGA Professionals have been asking for this capability as they realize just how important a short game is to their ability to score…and win! With insights on Tempo, Speed, and Angle of Attack, amateurs at every level can develop a consistent short game and improve quickly.

Thousands of golfers and Tour Processionals across the country trust Blast Golf to hone their putting skills and dominate on the greens. Blast Golf 4.10 delivers all of the information golfers have come to depend on, while grouping metrics into Speed Control and Direction categories, allowing users to easily identify strengths and areas for improvement. Full Swing mode has been further enhanced, through the addition of two new metrics, Peak Hand Speed and Angle of Attack, which can be seen in new Speed Training and Ball Striking layouts.

BlastGolf4.10-reference-screens.jpgBlastGolf4.10-ProductPackagingwithattachments.jpg

Blast Golf 4.10 and Gen 3 full swing & stroke analyzer (sensor), deliver a simplified app experience with access to analysis, insights, and training layouts for every part of the game. A new Training Center, with videos from Tour and PGA Professionals like Brad Faxon, provides users with tips and drills to practice with purpose and speed up the improvement process.

“We are excited to offer golfers of all levels a new product that will help them to improve on every part of the game while they have more fun with our insights and drills,” said Michael Fitzpatrick, Founder and CEO of Blast Motion. “The enhancements to Putting and Full Swing modes came directly from user and coach feedback, simplifying the app experience and providing valuable new information for golfers. The NEW ability to capture precision shots around the greens with the accuracy demanded by professionals was not an easy task. With up to 60% of shots occurring on or around the greens, we know that working on your short game is the quickest way to lowering scores.”

Blast Golf can be used for training anywhere, anytime. With most of the country currently unable to go to the golf course or range, Blast has introduced a Training at Home Program to make the Blast Golf Gen 3 sensor available for $75 dollars for a limited time. This represents a savings of 50% off the retail price. Blast Golf 4.10 is now available for download in the Apple App Store.

Very intriguing, especially for us hackers. This could shed some strokes.

@JB you or anyone on staff had a personal experience with the Blast product?

That’s a heck of a sale. I’d love to know more about about the various generations of the sensors and when this gen 3 sensor came out.

Intriguing and the pricing discount almost makes this a no brainer.

Anyone previously using this on THP? Thoughts?

Coming right out the gates with a discount for golfers given the times is pretty smart. Seems like the right time to try one of these

Coming right out the gates with a discount for golfers given the times is pretty smart. Seems like the right time to try one of these
I have one sitting in my cart right now. I’ve spent more on unnecessary stuff lately.

• Admin
Honestly haven't heard of Blast before. Seems like the market is saturated with these types of gadgets these days. Plenty of room for everyone, of course, but I wonder how long these last?

I have one from a Christmas gift this year, but I have never used it and have not checked the sensor generation. Going to do that a little later today through the app, per their website.

Great review on the putter sensor in the linked thread.

This gen 3 sensor does short game within 75 yards short irons, wedges, and putter? I read the press release but my comprehension is lacking and I'm dumb.:ROFLMAO:

I'm confused where it says on the website that it tracks from the tee to the green... it'll track tee shots too?

Checking their site the 50% off discount is automatically applied. This may just end up coming to my home.

So, it turns out I have the third generation sensor and now its set up with my phone. I do not have a bunker around, but Ill try to take some shots with some wiffle balls later today and see what this is all about and post me results.

I was going to ask if it worked with plastic or foam golf balls

This does intrigue me and appeals to my data needs but not sure I can squeeze out yet another purchase. :)

Honestly haven't heard of Blast before. Seems like the market is saturated with these types of gadgets these days. Plenty of room for everyone, of course, but I wonder how long these last?
Welcome to THP?

I was going to ask if it worked with plastic or foam golf balls
Let's find out! I have a conference call now but when I am done, I will go hit some wiffles. I do not have any foam balls I dont think.

This is pretty cool. The original version had a ton of info, possibly more than my brain could handle but something like this could be fun to mess around with during quarantine

@JB you or anyone on staff had a personal experience with the Blast product?

I reviewed it last year. I'm a fan.
Looks like if I wanted to upgrade to the new sensor they give you a break on the price.

Any plans for the app to come to the other side .... for us who still aren't on the Apple bandwagon? :unsure:

Any plans for the app to come to the other side .... for us who still aren't on the Apple bandwagon? :unsure:
I answered my own question .... and yes there is an app for others

It does look like they have that, unless this is stupid old.

yes, it will be to go buy an iPhone....lol

okay , i know, i was kidding....:D

So far not so good for me. I have been trying to gt it to read my putts for about an hour now with no success. Going to reset to factory and try again, perhaps I missed a step.

• Appreciation
Reactions: JB
Back