Blind Ball Testing Review Thread

031C2E44-C1B4-4CAF-BDFD-0ABBB39870E2.jpeg
Was able to test on the simulator since Mother Nature hates golfers. The rankings hadn’t changed much since my putter test and finished as shown in my pic above. No ball ran away from the field in any category but the ERC and my game just couldn’t get along in the tests and it continued to finish last in the standings. The Bridgestone and TaylorMade were the best in my opinion of the available options and I believe once they are given a chance to play in side wind the Bridgestone may take a slight lead due to the dimple pattern (hypothesis not fact). With my mid winter swing the balls didn’t quite pop off the face but performed as expected and wouldn’t have an issue playing the Bridgestone or TaylorMade. Like in the other tests done thus far my biggest concerns for this type of ball will come to durability as they seem to scuff more that the higher end balls but at the price point of these options a compromise is expected.

So I finally got to test the "BLIND BALL" yesterday! This ball is really good. Played 17 holes and it still looks relatively new! ProV1 would look like a range ball after 17 holes. Driver distance was equal or better than the premium balls I usually play. The ball just wants to go straight, which is a good thing for most golfers. Spin on iron shots might be a little less, but hard to confirm on a 20 MPH windy day on hard greens. short game shots had good spin and feel around the greens. Feel with the putter was also very good. I will be buying a dozen of these real soon! Thank you Bridgestone Golf and THP for the opportunity!

How are other people doing with the ball? Are people still playing them?

I donated the last one to someone's backyard in windy conditions. I had a hard right to left wind, and I hit a high draw that just kept hooking. Wasn't a low bullet or a smother, it just started center of the fairway, and then just drifted all over the place.

Driver distance was Ok with the unmarked ball (E12) but I just seem to hit it way too high off the irons. That may be Ok for short irons, but it's at least a full club shorter. :unsure:

Driver distance was Ok with the unmarked ball (E12) but I just seem to hit it way too high off the irons. That may be Ok for short irons, but it's at least a full club shorter. :unsure:
I did have a couple moonshots with the Ping G400max I got somewhere!! But I chalk that up to my propensity to hit down with the driver??!!

I took a couple of @Davidhibler testers after he was done with them. Then, went out and bought a dozen reds. I absolutely love them!

We are just starting to get to the point where we can play outside. I will try to get a sense for the ball then.

I think I dunked the last tester ball last friday. I never really got along with it. Too soft feeling from the fairway and seemed to exacerbate a side to side miss for me.

I think the tour response was the clear winner for me.

I am still using them inside. The weather is just starting to break here. I was using them yesterday along with one of my regular foursome partners. I like the no name ball a lot with the Tour Response a very close second. The both of these balls WILL be in my bag for the season. The Tour response is getting a little more spin than the no-name but its not much of a difference to even be noticed for me. The indoor place I go to uses Trackman and the feedback it gives with these balls is great. The no-name ball has a little less side to side when I hit my driver. I m playing again this coming weekend indoors and then hopefully I can get outside when the weather breaks here.
After multiple rounds inside the balls are holding up really well with minimum wear.

I think I dunked the last tester ball last friday. I never really got along with it. Too soft feeling from the fairway and seemed to exacerbate a side to side miss for me.

I thought that and the Tour Soft were both pretty good. I was a little disappointed in the E12, and I was reminded real fast why I don't like the ERC. Too soft.

Unfortunately (for the E12 Contact) this is my result as well. The E12 contact does well off the tee (low spin, good distance) but fails close to the green (just couldn't get them to check much at all). The TaylorMade Tour Response is a much better all around ball.
On the other end of the spectrum, that abomination of a ball from Titleist (The Tour Soft) was like hitting a rock around the course.

Back