Blind Ball Testing Review Thread

Bridgestone used to send cards out like that with some of their other trial and media packs, so I'm on the Bridgestone train. But I'm interested in the balls they chose to compare against. That makes me think it's something like Maxfli haha

hmmmmm. Could be Bridgestone or Callaway.....but i have a feeling its an off brand DTC ball company looking for some honest feedback.

Funny story, ups guy gives me a package at work, I don’t even look at it and start jumping as I can tell there’s way more than balls in there, the weight and size was about right for 2 dozen.

He looks at me funny and says “you’re that happy about lottery tickets? I look down and crushed, lol. Hopefully tomorrow. Any OH guys get theirs yet?

Just got my notice from UPs that a package was arriving tomorrow. Then I found this thread so my initial thought of new irons is out the window:D but looking forward to testing whatever arrives on my doorstep!

Guys let's keep this thread to feedback rather than shipping notifications. We know everybody is excited and we can confirm all packages have been shipped. Thanks so much.

Be following this closely as I am curious how testers end up comparing this vs the ERC Soft. I like my ball to have some release from chips and pitches, so if this can give your guys something close to that with a little more distance off the tee, color me interested!

Took these for their initial spin on the practice course. Today I want to focus on feel so spent some time on the putting green with them. I rolled about 15 putts with each ball.
C59F1A11-1B62-412F-A600-6FCEE80F0A17.jpeg
Putter used for testing: Scotty Cameron Teryllium
Blind Ball - I felt this ball had the best feel off the putter. Sound was muted & provided the sound I like & a soft feel
Callaway ERC Soft- This ball had aharder click sound, but less than the final two. Ball came off the putter well. This was the first time using the Reiple Track alignment & actually felt it assisted me lining up the ball.
TaylorMade Tour Response - This ball felt soft off the putter, but a louder sound that made it feel harder. Could have been flipped with the Callaway.
Titleist Tour Speed - overall felt hard off the putter, which left me struggling with speed for some reason.

Rankings
1. New Ball
2. Callaway ERC Soft
3. TaylorMade Tour Response
4. Titleist Tour Speed

Up next later this week I’ll take these out for some wedge evaluation for checking & spin into the green.

Also have a round of golf this weekend with @troyefl where we will put this to the test on the course.

Took these for their initial spin on the practice course. Today I want to focus on feel so spent some time on the putting green with them. I rolled about 15 putts with each ball.
View attachment 8987608
Blind Ball - I felt this ball had the best feel off the putter. Sound was muted & provided the sound I like & a soft feel
Callaway ERC Soft- This ball had aharder click sound, but less than the final two. Ball came off the putter well. This was the first time using the Reiple Track alignment & actually felt it assisted me lining up the ball.
TaylorMade Tour Response - This ball felt soft off the putter, but a louder sound that made it feel harder. Could have been flipped with the Callaway.
Titleist Tour Speed - overall felt hard off the putter, which left me struggling with speed for some reason.

Rankings
1. New Ball
2. Callaway ERC Soft
4. Titleist Tour Speed

Up next later this week I’ll take these out for some wedge evaluation for checking & spin into the green.

Also have a round of golf this weekend with @troyefl where we will put this to the test on the course.
Good stuff initial impression

Good stuff initial impression
It really has opened my eyes...I haven’t played any of these balls & feel that I could game any of them.

none for me, I guess.

Ha! I just booked (before the game, grrrr) a session tomorrow night on an iron accurate sim. I’m going to warm it up some and see what I can get with each ball with a distance 7I. Please don’t laugh, lol.

Thursday has been booked on Trackman 4. Should give accurate long club spin and distance. Confirm short clubs.

On point, accurate write ups of each.

Will hopefully get to break in my new grips with some testing over the next couple days assuming everything arrives tomorrow and nothing breaks in the meantime.

I’ve got a few ideas lined up and planned for the coming days, especially with the holiday a week from today.

Solid stuff from the guys who’ve been able to get out with the test balls.

Anyone have any questions for the testers?

I didn't sign up for this one, just no time right now to do it right. I am enjoying the initial reviews, this is going to be fun to follow, so keep them coming.

Oh yeah, it does look like a Bridgestone to me, but who knows .... :confused2:

This has been a fun read already! Looking forward to everyone's thoughts on the mystery ball, and even more to the reveal. For my guess, Bridgestone would be the initial thought, but I like the idea above of a DTC ball looking for some feedback.

Mine came in last night! Planning to get out on Saturday so I’ll get there early and play around with each ball some in the short game practice area.

BCF62E83-C60A-462C-AF12-0608F4067EF5.jpeg

View attachment 8987608

Rankings
1. New Ball
2. Callaway ERC Soft
4. Titleist Tour Speed

Looking forward to the round. Where did you visit for this session?

Looking forward to the round. Where did you visit for this session?
Local muni over here. Didn’t have much room as they had the golf clinic my daughter is in. So I had to sneak in some putts when they went off to play a few holes.

Got mine today. Good timing as am going to the Baltusroll Performance Center next week where I can go on Trackman, roll some putts etc.

Mine arrived today. Will work on it next week while in North Carolina.. Thanks for the oppourtunity!

I can't wait to see some full shot impressions. I've loved the putting and short game feedback.

What a pleasant surprise in the mail today! I absolutely love blind ball testing opportunities.

Initial thoughts is the new Blank ball has a dimple within dimple pattern. Reminiscent of Bridgestone balls

Attachments

• 20210112_154746.jpg
    20210112_154746.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 10
  • 20210112_154634.jpg
    20210112_154634.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 14
  • 20210112_154804.jpg
    20210112_154804.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 15
What a pleasant surprise in the mail today! I absolutely love blind ball testing opportunities.

Initial thoughts is the new Blank ball has a dimple within dimple pattern. Reminiscent of Bridgestone balls
But it honestly doesn’t look like the released pictures of the e6 that I’ve seen.

Back