Blind Ball Testing Review Thread

Rolled a bunch of putts today from 7 feet and in using my Odyssey TT Ten. I thought the mystery ball had the softest feel and muted sound off the face followed by the ERC Soft. Next was the Titleist followed by TaylorMade. Plan to get some numbers on SkyTrak and do some more putting from distance.

Great feedback and reporting all around! Those are some consistent numbers @JDax!

The cover sure does intrigue me here. That shape is mesmerizing. And putting feel continues to be just about universal...

I’m about to post some very inconsistent numbers, 😂 so don’t laugh too hard. I haven’t swung a club for quite a while. In fact, I hit 4 drives after testing (appx 80 full swing including warmup) and quickly abandoned the idea even with 5 minutes or so left of Trackman 4. I lost a couple right, skied one about 225 and hit a pull reasonably hard but direction wise, not good.

First up, the ERC. It had the highest ball speed out of the group on average with wedge. I was going to post pics of the monitor for each group of balls but basically they all say about the same thing. CHS 85 ball speed 92-95 (one notable exception, I will show you how to hit a 190 yard GW 😂 I tossed out several shots from each group and went with the first 4-6 clean strikes regardless of direction. The data I can post is meaningless without Carry, total, and spin. It only shows a crappy swing plane and CHS and Ball Speed. Most shots carried about 120 and total was slightly less than carry even with them only spinning about 9k on average.

Feel on the ERC soft was a little soft for me and I did NOT like the TT. I found myself initially trying to set it up how my swing plane should be but ended up hiding the TT. Since I couldn’t hide it other than the tee and green (I don’t have a TT putter) I couldnt play this ball, but one without the TT I could.

TM-Oof. Definitely the spinniest of them, I (again wasn’t tracked as a group because I hadn’t set it up right) but my average wedge was at least 500rpms higher than any others. My average carry was in the 116 range and most backed up to 115. I generally hit this wedge high and don’t try to generate spin and just rely on a 55-60* decent angle to stop it. So this wedge I usually spin about 9k. But I know how to step on one and spin that sucker in the 11-12k range. This is the only party foul out of any of these balls. This was my spinny nip shot with the Taylormade ball...

8F6F7D4D-E57B-4317-9E26-F193E534D5A6.jpeg

I had actually cleaned my clubs good before testing but that’s an older wedge with thousands of shots on it. Most of them less than full but I use it almost every hole every round.

So that’s an awful lot of cover to be left on the club after one nipped wedge. Spin was just shy of 12k (by far the mostof any shot) and it did back up nicely, lol.

The Titleist ball. I’m going to be short and succinct (for me). I didn’t prefer it here. It wasn’t that it performed bad but it felt heavier off the club. It was the lowest spinning ball for me (a good thing for me with long clubs, and I’ll give it some love when I get to my 7i testing and possibly with longer clubs). Ball speed in line with everything else but just didn’t feel good. Soin was low to this point, lowest of the group. I’m generally not good enough to really notice a feel in a ball with full shots, but I just didn’t like this one. Results were fine.

XP ball. Haha. I hit a couple of absolute turds including this one (the other turds hadn’t been deleted yet either so if you wanna laugh at me, go right ahead).

9C5654F0-2A6A-4B9D-B69E-A93928981AD5.jpeg

But that is how you hit a 188 yard wedge, it wasn’t quite a blade, it even felt pretty solid, just a touch thin, 70 yards long, and 25 yards left. I’m thinking that’s an OOB GW. @Sean may recall me telling of a similar shot on the course this spring, lol. I’ve done it before, I’ll do it again.

So what did I think of it other than it took me ten fracking swings to get 5 or so reasonable results on decent strikes? I felt it performed right in line with the rest of them. Spin was in line with the Titlest and the ERC. A little less than the TM, but it didn’t leave a portion of it when I nipped it either. Distance was dead in line.

Full wedge conclusion. Three of the balls would be moving on if I wasn’t comparing them all in every aspect. The mystery/maybe not so mystery ball is a strong contender. The TM ball couldn’t stand up to its one and only nipped shot. I don’t hit that shot often but enough that I don’t want my ball to do that. I mean I was indoors hitting into an impact screen. Those balls may be a little scuffed up but that was a big enough gouge to effect performance. Since I feel like I should rank them... 1-2 are neck and neck, 3 a close third, and 4 would be done if I wasn’t doing a comprehensive test and was looking for a ball. Imagine if I got into a fresh 56* hard with that?

1. ERC soft. It was a little faster than the others but certainly could have been my margin of error. My swing was all kinds of goofy. It spun and sat how I want. Even hitting slight pulls. It’s about the distance I go for with that wedge of 125. I was getting 120 or so. I was also a little slower than usual so who knows? I was very consistent with my CHS though. I think out of 35-40 wedge almost all shots all were within 84-86. No outliers. This across all balls. Except the pull hook that I may have hit 2, ehh give it 3 grooves low, lol.

2. XP ball. It was solid. I think this one is a bit of a sleeper as I get deeper into distance testing (and get JR to hit them, we won’t have to throw out many results there) they were a little shy of the ERC in distance, but that’s likely the Indian. I liked the feel of this one best, but the ERC edges it out slightly with slightly higher ball speed. Which if you look at the numbers above mean absolute bunk, lol. Winter ball testing is challenging.

3. Titleist. Results were fine. Didn’t like the feel. Reminds me of the RZN Platimum. Performs fine. Feels like it weighs a half ounce more than the others. Didn’t like the feel. That’s personal preference and it performed in line with the other two, at least as far as I could tell.

4. TM. Spins at least 500 RPM’s more. Cover material isn’t worth a damn. One hard wedge and the ball was ruined. Maybe not a bad ball if you need more spin. It’s definitely in a different class (from what I can see) spin wise. It still went the same 115-120 as all the others, but I can’t shred a ball when I nip it. I don’t know when I’ll need to do that but sometimes I do. I usually use loft to stop the ball. But sometimes there’s a reason to hit behind and come back. I don’t have that option with this one.

Tomorrow or Sunday, 7i test results. They’re already in. I will say that I was a little surprised.

In the next week or so I’ll get another hour on Trackman 4 with junior. I’ll have him give general thoughts and which one he’d play (it’ll be the TM as he needs spin and can’t get the wedge bite I can). I’ll test out long iron and Driver.

So what do people have planned for golf ball testing over this holiday weekend?
Hoping the balls arrive!!! I'm anxious to get them out on the course this weekend.

Just finished playing 8 holes. Played 3 with the Tour Response, 3 with the test ball, and 2 with the ERC Soft. Wind was stiff at 10-15 MPH. The back 9 here has 8 parallel holes that alternate and go back and forth into and with the prevailing wind. The other hole is bookends the property and the wind blows directly left to right on it. It's a 185 yard par 3 tucked in behind a tree guarding the front left side. A real tricky shot when the wind is blowing like today if you don't hit a draw. Anyway, back to the balls. The test ball is definitely a lower spinner. I hit a good solid drive into the wind that got real nice carry and I also hit one downwind that carried for ever. I anticipate my normal distance this time of year is 225. I got 200 into the wind and 240 with it. Based on past knowledge and playing these holes hundreds of times I think I would have lost a few more yards with a ProV1 so my guess is they are lowish spinning. They do launch high also though. They feel really soft of the center of a driver. It's a sensation similar to breaking a whiffle with a tape wrapped whiffle ball bat when you were a kid. I can't tell much apart between the tester and the ERC Soft. The ERC maybe feels a touch denser maybe. The ball I have been really impressed with is the Tour Response. It really has a premium feel to it. Anyone play these? Given the price I am surprised I don't see it more often.
By the end of the summer, I was only playing the TM Tour Response and Maxfli Tour. The Tour Response checks all of the boxes. It is on the softer side, but I didn't seem to lose any distance. It is also fantastic around the greens. I really think it might be the best ball for the price, so I am excited to put it up against 3 balls I haven't played before in the same price range.

I’m about to post some very inconsistent numbers, 😂 so don’t laugh too hard. I haven’t swung a club for quite a while. In fact, I hit 4 drives after testing (appx 80 full swing including warmup) and quickly abandoned the idea even with 5 minutes or so left of Trackman 4. I lost a couple right, skied one about 225 and hit a pull reasonably hard but direction wise, not good.

First up, the ERC. It had the highest ball speed out of the group on average with wedge. I was going to post pics of the monitor for each group of balls but basically they all say about the same thing. CHS 85 ball speed 92-95 (one notable exception, I will show you how to hit a 190 yard GW 😂 I tossed out several shots from each group and went with the first 4-6 clean strikes regardless of direction. The data I can post is meaningless without Carry, total, and spin. It only shows a crappy swing plane and CHS and Ball Speed. Most shots carried about 120 and total was slightly less than carry even with them only spinning about 9k on average.

Feel on the ERC soft was a little soft for me and I did NOT like the TT. I found myself initially trying to set it up how my swing plane should be but ended up hiding the TT. Since I couldn’t hide it other than the tee and green (I don’t have a TT putter) I couldnt play this ball, but one without the TT I could.

TM-Oof. Definitely the spinniest of them, I (again wasn’t tracked as a group because I hadn’t set it up right) but my average wedge was at least 500rpms higher than any others. My average carry was in the 116 range and most backed up to 115. I generally hit this wedge high and don’t try to generate spin and just rely on a 55-60* decent angle to stop it. So this wedge I usually spin about 9k. But I know how to step on one and spin that sucker in the 11-12k range. This is the only party foul out of any of these balls. This was my spinny nip shot with the Taylormade ball...

View attachment 8988506

I had actually cleaned my clubs good before testing but that’s an older wedge with thousands of shots on it. Most of them less than full but I use it almost every hole every round.

So that’s an awful lot of cover to be left on the club after one nipped wedge. Spin was just shy of 12k (by far the mostof any shot) and it did back up nicely, lol.

The Titleist ball. I’m going to be short and succinct (for me). I didn’t prefer it here. It wasn’t that it performed bad but it felt heavier off the club. It was the lowest spinning ball for me (a good thing for me with long clubs, and I’ll give it some love when I get to my 7i testing and possibly with longer clubs). Ball speed in line with everything else but just didn’t feel good. Soin was low to this point, lowest of the group. I’m generally not good enough to really notice a feel in a ball with full shots, but I just didn’t like this one. Results were fine.

XP ball. Haha. I hit a couple of absolute turds including this one (the other turds hadn’t been deleted yet either so if you wanna laugh at me, go right ahead).

View attachment 8988515

But that is how you hit a 188 yard wedge, it wasn’t quite a blade, it even felt pretty solid, just a touch thin, 70 yards long, and 25 yards left. I’m thinking that’s an OOB GW. @Sean may recall me telling of a similar shot on the course this spring, lol. I’ve done it before, I’ll do it again.

So what did I think of it other than it took me ten fracking swings to get 5 or so reasonable results on decent strikes? I felt it performed right in line with the rest of them. Spin was in line with the Titlest and the ERC. A little less than the TM, but it didn’t leave a portion of it when I nipped it either. Distance was dead in line.

Full wedge conclusion. Three of the balls would be moving on if I wasn’t comparing them all in every aspect. The mystery/maybe not so mystery ball is a strong contender. The TM ball couldn’t stand up to its one and only nipped shot. I don’t hit that shot often but enough that I don’t want my ball to do that. I mean I was indoors hitting into an impact screen. Those balls may be a little scuffed up but that was a big enough gouge to effect performance. Since I feel like I should rank them... 1-2 are neck and neck, 3 a close third, and 4 would be done if I wasn’t doing a comprehensive test and was looking for a ball. Imagine if I got into a fresh 56* hard with that?

1. ERC soft. It was a little faster than the others but certainly could have been my margin of error. My swing was all kinds of goofy. It spun and sat how I want. Even hitting slight pulls. It’s about the distance I go for with that wedge of 125. I was getting 120 or so. I was also a little slower than usual so who knows? I was very consistent with my CHS though. I think out of 35-40 wedge almost all shots all were within 84-86. No outliers. This across all balls. Except the pull hook that I may have hit 2, ehh give it 3 grooves low, lol.

2. XP ball. It was solid. I think this one is a bit of a sleeper as I get deeper into distance testing (and get JR to hit them, we won’t have to throw out many results there) they were a little shy of the ERC in distance, but that’s likely the Indian. I liked the feel of this one best, but the ERC edges it out slightly with slightly higher ball speed. Which if you look at the numbers above mean absolute bunk, lol. Winter ball testing is challenging.

3. Titleist. Results were fine. Didn’t like the feel. Reminds me of the RZN Platimum. Performs fine. Feels like it weighs a half ounce more than the others. Didn’t like the feel. That’s personal preference and it performed in line with the other two, at least as far as I could tell.

4. TM. Spins at least 500 RPM’s more. Cover material isn’t worth a damn. One hard wedge and the ball was ruined. Maybe not a bad ball if you need more spin. It’s definitely in a different class (from what I can see) spin wise. It still went the same 115-120 as all the others, but I can’t shred a ball when I nip it. I don’t know when I’ll need to do that but sometimes I do. I usually use loft to stop the ball. But sometimes there’s a reason to hit behind and come back. I don’t have that option with this one.

Tomorrow or Sunday, 7i test results. They’re already in. I will say that I was a little surprised.

In the next week or so I’ll get another hour on Trackman 4 with junior. I’ll have him give general thoughts and which one he’d play (it’ll be the TM as he needs spin and can’t get the wedge bite I can). I’ll test out long iron and Driver.
You’d have one heck of a weapon in “battle golf” with that 190 yard wedge shot!!

Funny that the TM ball ripped apart like that. I’ve only had one ball do something similar and it too was a TM. A brand new TP5 actually. I couldn’t believe it! The face of my club looked a lot like yours. It was off a 3/4 swing 60* wedge.

Nice to get some swings in

Getting to the course a little early and hitting the short game area.

Getting to the course a little early and hitting the short game area.
Doing the same exact thing then will put each of the balls into play for 4 holes each.

Doing the same exact thing then will put each of the balls into play for 4 holes each.

I was considering the same, but kinda want to see how long I can play each ball lol.

I was considering the same, but kinda want to see how long I can play each ball lol.
That’s my fear...if there is a lot of water I may rethink my plan.

I wanna work on the sound and feel with putting. Plus, some sim time to get data to compare.

You’d have one heck of a weapon in “battle golf” with that 190 yard wedge shot!!

Funny that the TM ball ripped apart like that. I’ve only had one ball do something similar and it too was a TM. A brand new TP5 actually. I couldn’t believe it! The face of my club looked a lot like yours. It was off a 3/4 swing 60* wedge.

Nice to get some swings in

It was! I normally avoid the winter options. I spent a year there. I hit the ball further but hated the result. I spent it chasing speed since their spin numbers weren’t accurate. Upset me to know that I’d gone lower than needed when on accurate equipment. I’m lower than I need to be.

I am going to work on putting with the balls. I am a big feel player in general so putting will be my ultimate test. In the past some balls I have struggled with on long putts, trying to get them there without swinging out of my shoes on putts. I know someone also commented on that but I will go in open minded and see what comes of it.

Last edited:

#breaking70 (in 16 holes 😂).

I’m in. I could do it at least 4/23 tries.

Definitely taking these out for a spin on Monday. The high is 60F with a decent amount of wind. I want to see how this ball performs in these conditions. It’s always windy in the Arkansas River Valley area so maybe this dimple pattern will help.

I did some putting indoors and I would say that I thought the mystery ball and the ERC Soft felt the best to me. The Tour Response was softer but I don’t like a super soft feel with my putter. I couldn’t tell where I struck the TM ball. The mystery ball and ERC Soft where just right for what I like. The Tour Speed ball was just a little too clicky for what I really like.

On the course though, I did try the Tour Speed and it almost knocked the Q-Star Tours out of my bag. Yes, the feel wasn’t there but I was played well with that ball and I liked the alignment aid.

This dimple pattern is still messing with my head. They feel really shallow compared to the competitor balls. Holding them in my hand feels so different too.

Definitely taking these out for a spin on Monday. The high is 60F with a decent amount of wind. I want to see how this ball performs in these conditions. It’s always windy in the Arkansas River Valley area so maybe this dimple pattern will help.

I did some putting indoors and I would say that I thought the mystery ball and the ERC Soft felt the best to me. The Tour Response was softer but I don’t like a super soft feel with my putter. I couldn’t tell where I struck the TM ball. The mystery ball and ERC Soft where just right for what I like. The Tour Speed ball was just a little too clicky for what I really like.

On the course though, I did try the Tour Speed and it almost knocked the Q-Star Tours out of my bag. Yes, the feel wasn’t there but I was played well with that ball and I liked the alignment aid.

This dimple pattern is still messing with my head. They feel really shallow compared to the competitor balls. Holding them in my hand feels so different too.
I’m pretty sure this dimple pattern was used on the 1st ball I learned about on THP and the first ball I intentionally played instead of just buying the cheapest thing available. I’m not predicting this is that ball, just sharing that I’m anxious to play it because that 1st ball was long and straight. Good memories.

Last edited:
So it’s a Bridgestone? Dang.. I was about to bet the farm last week it was union green..

I have received my box and I've been hitting one of them inside my sim. I normally don't go for this style of ball but I do appreciate the feel inside. When I'm allowed to go on the course again (yay quarantine) I'll put the ball in play for thoughts.

Great feedback so far guys. I signed up through Bridgestone so hoping to get a chance to try the mystery ball.

Thoughts on some on course action forthcoming!

Just finished playing 8 holes. Played 3 with the Tour Response, 3 with the test ball, and 2 with the ERC Soft. Wind was stiff at 10-15 MPH. The back 9 here has 8 parallel holes that alternate and go back and forth into and with the prevailing wind. The other hole is bookends the property and the wind blows directly left to right on it. It's a 185 yard par 3 tucked in behind a tree guarding the front left side. A real tricky shot when the wind is blowing like today if you don't hit a draw. Anyway, back to the balls. The test ball is definitely a lower spinner. I hit a good solid drive into the wind that got real nice carry and I also hit one downwind that carried for ever. I anticipate my normal distance this time of year is 225. I got 200 into the wind and 240 with it. Based on past knowledge and playing these holes hundreds of times I think I would have lost a few more yards with a ProV1 so my guess is they are lowish spinning. They do launch high also though. They feel really soft of the center of a driver. It's a sensation similar to breaking a whiffle with a tape wrapped whiffle ball bat when you were a kid. I can't tell much apart between the tester and the ERC Soft. The ERC maybe feels a touch denser maybe. The ball I have been really impressed with is the Tour Response. It really has a premium feel to it. Anyone play these? Given the price I am surprised I don't see it more often.

I am still evaluating and will post results over next 48 hours but so far similar findings.

I'll post my putting testing shortly and hope to hit up a trackman next week but now that it is public....

Screen Shot 2021-01-16 at 1.21.11 PM.png

Got these out on the course today and played each ball for about four holes.

New Ball - felt great off the tee, albeit a little soft, but enjoyed the sound coming off the ball. Good distance to around what I normally see. A little clicker off the iron face but ball flight was good. Shots in to the green did not check much, could be the harder greens, but typically would roll out 6’-10’ on the green. Still my favorite ball off the putter for sure.

TaylorMade Tour Response - Felt like I picked up a couple extra yards with these off the tee. Sound was one that I did not care for. Good flight even with the windy conditions we had. Checking ability on shots in the green was ok, again could be due to the greens. I did drop a few long putts with this ball today, but sound was colicky off the putter face.

Callaway ERC soft - Wow a lot going on with this ball. The triple track alignment was a distraction on the teee. I felt like I spent more time trying to hide the alignment feature when placing it on the tee. Sound off the driver was distinct, but one that I could play. Shots in to the green off irons &’wedges felt good. Rollout was similar to the “new ball”. Putting felt hard & I seemed to have trouble with distance.

Titliest Tour - Louder & felt firm off the face of the driver. Ball flight & distance was typically, but saw less side spin for my fade. Check up on shots into the green was by far the best. My buddy & I put these into play in the same holes & had two shots hop once a stop.

overall I still preferred the “new ball”, followed by Titleist, then TaylorMade Tour Response with Callaway ERC coming in last.

All balls held up well in the aspect of durability. Have another round schedule tomorrow morning and will put more work in with these. I did looseone of the “new ball” today and spent a considerable amount of time looking for it. 😂

Some putting testing. Played around with 5 different putters: LAB 2.1, an old Two Ball White Hot and 2 different Scotty Camerons. For the overall test I used my current gamer the LAB. That being said depending on the putter, insert etc. the ball/putter combination produced different feels and sounds. It should also be noted that I have not played the Tour Speed, ERC Soft or the Tour Response so I don't have any prejudices regarding performance.

IMG_2058.jpg

Cosmetics:

First off the 4 balls have a different look to them with the Callaway and Titleist having a more muted paint job while the TM and the test ball being the brightest with the test ball being the brightest to me. Personal preference is that I like the look of a more muted look-at least from these 4 balls-with the Titleist leading the pack and the test ball my least favorite color wise. Hopefully the pic below demonstrates that. Of course the test ball had no logo on it so will be interesting to see what the final product looks like and to see what kind of alignment aid they put on it.

IMG_2062.jpg

In hand feel:

Next comes the feel of the ball in ones hand and for me there was a definite difference. The Titleist, TM and Callaway ball had similar dimple patterns in terms of a more traditional design as well as depth of the dimple. As noted by others as well the test ball had a whole new dimple patter. Shallower with a inner dimple, or mound, to it. DIdn't care for it. Maybe because it was new, or I wasn't used to it but it felt cheap to me, almost as if it was a used ball and was worn out. And in combination with no logo on it, felt as if it was a ball that I would get when I go to play mini-golf with the kids. I also gave the four balls to my wife. She plays golf once a year or so so this is truly a blind test for her. She had a similar reaction in terms of feel and looks and even said "These balls (the Titelist, Callaway and TM) are the ones that I am used to seeing around the house."

Performance:

I play a more firmer ball, so from a testing point of view the 4 balls were different that what I was used to. Using my gamer and a indoor putting green I tested putts of 3,6 and 10 feet. I hope to hit a outdoor green shortly where I can test lag putts. What I found was that all 4 balls were very similar in terms of amount of hit I needed to get the ball to the hole. I didn't have to hit one harder or one softer to get the same results. The biggest difference came in feel and sound.

Sound:

4 similar, yet distinct, sounds. The Titleist and TM balls had more sound, more of a click, to the with the Callaway and test ball being more muted with the test ball being the "quietest" of them all. Certainly sound and feel is subjective and while I don't like a crazy loud sound I do prefer a non-muted sound. To me it is like getting extra feedback. I can tell sometimes by sound when a putt is mis hit. For this aspect I prefer the Titleist.

Feel:

Again feel is very subjective and often hard to describe. Like when a supreme court justice was asked about pornography and said "I don't know what it is but I know when I see it." For putting and short game I prefer a softer feel but too soft. Sometimes when it is too soft I feel the ball is hollow and nothing there. That is the feel i got with the test ball when putting. Too soft for me. Not enough feedback. The Titleist had the preferred feel out of the four.

Conclusion:

As mentioned the four balls are all a little softer than what I usually play, yet similar. For me at least there were some subtle, and not so subtle, differences-most notably in feel and looks. For short to mid range putting my preference in order are: Titlesit, TM, Test Ball, Callaway.

I look forward to testing these balls with the rest of the bag and to see how they perform on the course.

I spent 2 hours in the trackman today and got some numbers for all 4 balls. I warmed up then I hit 4 shots with each ball starting with PW then 7i and finally driver. I did it in a snake draft type of order so I didn't hit all the shots with one ball then move on. My iron swing felt pretty good. I was struggling with the driver through this test. I have been working on my driver swing and I think the setup of my driver impacted the results. After the test I made a tweak to the driver and hit 6 drives with the new ball with much better results which I will post.

From a SS perspective my driver SS averaged 95.3 with a high of 96.9 and a low of 92.8. I didn't track SS with the iron swings.

Here is the raw data and the averages:
ERCTour ResponseTour SpeedNew Ball
ClubCarrySpin Height LaunchCarrySpin Height LaunchCarrySpin Height LaunchCarrySpin Height Launch
PW
121​
7060​
121​
6927​
121​
7353​
119​
7570​
121​
7020​
122​
6954​
119​
7663​
120​
7476​
122​
6640​
74​
122​
6817​
78​
120​
6700​
70​
120​
6799​
77​
120​
7190​
76​
118​
7148​
72​
115​
7083​
75​
118​
7240​
74​
PW Avg
121​
6978​
75​
121​
6962​
75​
119​
7200​
73​
119​
7271​
76​
7I
157​
5670​
80​
159​
4958​
76​
158​
4356​
75​
149​
6040​
80​
150​
5900​
77​
153​
5990​
79​
155​
4945​
79​
154​
5950​
81​
154​
5870​
80​
150​
5880​
78​
153​
3991​
66​
150​
5910​
81​
154​
5860​
79​
157​
5880​
79​
161​
4331​
76​
154​
5570​
76​
7i Avg
153.75​
5825​
79​
154.75​
5677​
78​
156.75​
4405.75​
74​
151.75​
5867.5​
79.5​
D
2030​
45​
9.7​
2130​
48​
9.3​
220​
2520​
73​
12.8​
201​
1800​
42​
9.6​
211​
2070​
48​
9.7​
204​
2220​
41​
8.4​
205​
1940​
48​
10.3​
220​
2440​
63​
11.4​
202​
2210​
38​
7.7​
212​
1870​
51​
10.6​
213​
2110​
53​
10.4​
203​
2150​
47​
10​
210​
2390​
51​
9.5​
212​
1930​
54​
11.1​
204​
2010​
49​
10.6​
200​
2020​
41​
9.1​
D Avg
208​
2223​
46​
9.0​
209​
2007​
49​
10.0​
207​
2020​
50​
10.4​
208​
2203​
50​
10.2​

I hit 6 drives with the new ball with new driver settings. I went from -1 D setting to neutral which is a 10.5* Mavrik and my carry went to 220 yards and spin was 2237.

I got some numbers with the PV1X also.

ClubCarrySpin Height Launch
PW
121​
7346​
73​
7I
155​
5370​
72​
D
207​
2050​
47​
9.8​

Based on these numbers for me the distance is all close enough that you can't necessarily pick one. The spin numbers with the Tour Speed on the 7i were really low so I would probably toss that one. The new ball was a few yards shorter so based off these numbers I would probably toss that one.

Forgiveness: I don't really see the ball having a huge impact on forgiveness for me.

Feel: The Tour Speed feels pretty clicky. I know from experience I could get used to it around the greens.

So far if I had to chose one of the 4 balls I would select the Tour Response. I have been playing the PV1X and those numbers were solid for me as well.

I am going to get more numbers but it may be next weekend before I get back to do this again.

Back