Blowup on the Korn Ferry Tour

According to an article I just read from Golf Digest, the guy is a “social media influencer”. Showed up at the qualifier in a crazy loud outfit with his clubs in a wagon, playing walk-up music. He also attempted a Happy Gilmore swing during the qualifier, as well as hitting a one-handed chip.

So apparently he’s just another assclown looking for his 15 minutes of fame. I’d say he deserves every bit of derision he gets, but attention wh*res like him just revel in it anyways.

if that's true i hope he never gets invited to another sanctioned event. it's antithetical to the spirit of competitive golf. he made a mockery of the event and the time, money and effort all involved spend to make it happen. he made a mockery of the time, money and effort the other professionals spend to try to break through and earn their card. and he negatively impacted his playing partners' ability to play a competitive round and potentially qualify for the event, and possibly change the entire trajectory of their personal and professional lives. again, if true.

one in his group managed 2 under and the other shot 86.. The guy that got to two under is incredibly mentally strong..
Like crazy strong mentally. He missed the cut.

Like crazy strong mentally. He missed the cut.

Yeah finished two strokes out of qualifying. I wonder if he would have made it otherwise?

If this is the same guy, WTF??

Social media is one of the worst things ever invented. It’s a sewer, and gives nutbags like this exposure that they don’t deserve. If it wasn’t for social, people like that would be just another crazy walking around the streets muttering to themselves and doing things that make people avoid them, and nobody outside their neighborhood would even know they exist.

I guess it does give them a path out of mommy’s basement, though. Even though the world would be better off if most of them just stayed there for life.

Hope I didn’t sugar coat my opinion too much there! 😂

ls not the score relative to sum of skill set and handicap ( if relevant) ...what some would be hardbon themselves others would see as goal achieved or improvement in performance and setting new benchmark?

Now as for that score , there’s a different perspective , someone’s got ability and trying to convert that too career perhaps ... l would argue most of people on here and many other play the game for its enjoyment and social benefit ( mateship) . His score l imagine would be anomoly , wouldn’t imagine be the norm otherwise would not get that high in standard . All you can do is. Next shot next hole next round ... and it will turn around.

This is how he showed up to the 1st teeIMG8593939817527181459.jpg

If that is the case how did the tour let him continue from that point?
Good question. He looks like a homeless bag lady on acid. What a tool.

According to an article I just read from Golf Digest, the guy is a “social media influencer”. Showed up at the qualifier in a crazy loud outfit with his clubs in a wagon, playing walk-up music. He also attempted a Happy Gilmore swing during the qualifier, as well as hitting a one-handed chip.

So apparently he’s just another assclown looking for his 15 minutes of fame. I’d say he deserves every bit of derision he gets, but attention wh*res like him just revel in it anyways.
I was feeling sorry for the boy until I read that bit. Got what he deserved.

It doesn't look a whole lot different from one of my scorecards. Ignore the 11 and the 12 and it's probably really close. Of course I'm not trying to qualify for a real tournament.

If that is the case how did the tour let him continue from that point?
All you have to do is shown up and pay your fee. If you sign up as a “professional” then no handicap proof needed. Other wise you need at least a 2 or better

I have such mixed feelings about this. No one can tell anyone else what's right for them, but I would have shook hands at the turn, told them I was going to get out of their way, and wished them luck on trying to qualify for the event.

edit: guess I should have read further. Sounds like he was there for the wrong reasons

Last edited:

Every time a social medial influencer gets their ass beat in the parking lot, an Angel gets their wings.

Golfers are so uptight haha. Seriously, who cares.
I can't imagine many playing with the intention of trying to actually qualify not caring if that was in their group.

All you have to do is shown up and pay your fee. If you sign up as a “professional” then no handicap proof needed. Other wise you need at least a 2 or better
He obviously is not a pro or a 2 or better so shouldn't have been playing.

From reading, it seems like he played in HS and college and was actually good at one point.
And it is totally possible that he was, but if he showed up as has been said on the first tee, it was nothing more than a publicity stunt on his part. But he is getting his fame from it so maybe he is getting what he was looking for, a boost to his "influencer" status.

And it is totally possible that he was, but if he showed up as has been said on the first tee, it was nothing more than a publicity stunt on his part. But he is getting his fame from it so maybe he is getting what he was looking for, a boost to his "influencer" status.

ldo

I have little sympathy. If this throws you off you are mentally weak.
Were fellow competitors assessed slow play penalties or warnings? Having to endure those shenanigans and also likely another 'look at me' assclown documenting it all was completely unfair to other's legitimately trying to chase a very difficult dream. Mark Messier would've been justifyably distracted by similar sh!t in his sport, Tiger or Jack too, and they aren't 'weak'.

He scored everything from 4 to 12 on each hole except a 9. o_O

I have little sympathy. If this throws you off you are mentally weak.

If I show up at your work and purposely mess with your ability to work at your accustomed level, any drop off in your performance would just be you being mentally weak then, yes?

If I show up at your work and purposely mess with your ability to work at your accustomed level, any drop off in your performance would just be you being mentally weak then, yes?
Exactly my thoughts. Forget that it has anything to do with golf for a moment and imagine being on the receiving end of something like this. There are some things you just shouldn't do and ******* with someone's livelihood is one of those things.

Back