Blowup on the Korn Ferry Tour

Snickerdog

Team THP 2019 Grandaddy Alumni
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
None of us should ever feel bad about our games or having a bad round. This guy had a bad round at a Monday qualifier.

I have a scorecard that looks like that every now and then. Golf is hard.

Ouch that's a rough round.

I have a scorecard that looks like that every now and then. Golf is hard.
I just wonder how hard it was for his playing partners to keep it together? That had to be a brutal round.

I just wonder how hard it was for his playing partners to keep it together? That had to be a brutal round.

yeah I what point do you know your head isn't in it and you just withdraw to not affect everyone else...

Ouch, that's tough. It's even tougher when the media decides to hold you up to public ridicule for it. I'm glad they're not around on the days my swing isn't cooperating!

[Edit: See posts further down the thread - no sympathy for this clown whatsoever.]

Last edited:
I guess when life gives you lemons, you hit those lemons out of bounds and card an 11.

That's gotta hurt

And here I felt bad for my 42 for 9 on Sunday! 😳

I’m more impressed he had 5 pars and a birdie mixed in there and still had that high of a round. Goes to show we all have rough days on the course.

Edit: Read further down and hope he got his butt kicked after the round by his playing partners.

Last edited:
Sounds like me lately. I had 7-8 pars and still shot a 92. I’m sure it would have been 108 on that hard of a course.

This has to be joke right? Who in their right mind goes out there and throws up 108 in a qualifier?

But why would you do that? I've played that course, not from the back tees, but...

This has to be joke right? Who in their right mind goes out there and throws up 108 in a qualifier?
Few years ago there was a guy who tried Monday qualifying for US Open and did the same thing, they told him to never come back and was blacklisted.

According to an article I just read from Golf Digest, the guy is a “social media influencer”. Showed up at the qualifier in a crazy loud outfit with his clubs in a wagon, playing walk-up music. He also attempted a Happy Gilmore swing during the qualifier, as well as hitting a one-handed chip.

So apparently he’s just another assclown looking for his 15 minutes of fame. I’d say he deserves every bit of derision he gets, but attention wh*res like him just revel in it anyways.

I learned a lot about just how tough it is going that Monday qualifier route when I started working it at my home course. Some guys even pitched tents the night before. That round really had to spoil things for his playing partners and any groups unfortunate enough to be stuck behind that sh!tshow. Noble as finishing might be, he should've pocketed his ball and WD, IMO.

According to an article I just read from Golf Digest, the guy is a “social media influencer”. Showed up at the qualifier in a crazy loud outfit with his clubs in a wagon, playing walk-up music. He also attempted a Happy Gilmore swing during the qualifier, as well as hitting a one-handed chip.

So apparently he’s just another assclown looking for his 15 minutes of fame.
ahh that explains it then ... what a turd

So apparently he’s just another assclown looking for his 15 minutes of fame. I’d say he deserves every bit of derision he gets, but attention wh*res like him just revel in it anyways.
About the only thing he might "influence" me to do is throw his clubs in the water hazard! 😈

A score like that seems like an indicator of a fish out of water..

About the only thing he might "influence" me to do is throw his clubs in the water hazard! 😈
I’m surprised his playing partners weren’t “waiting” for him in the parking lot afterwards. Who’d want to play with a distraction like that in your group, especially when you’re actually trying to qualify, not just beclown and draw attention to yourself?

If this is the same guy, WTF??

one in his group managed 2 under and the other shot 86.. The guy that got to two under is incredibly mentally strong..

Back