blueonblack... tears on a river

blueonblack

...tears on a river
Reaction score
Driver: Ping G25 10.5º, Aldila Phenom 60 stiff, SST Pured in open hosel setting, 45.25", D2
Driver2: Ping G30 10.5º, Aldila Tour Green 65 stiff, 45.25", D2
3 Wood: (Yeah, it's a wood.) Ping G25 15º, Aldila Tour Blue 75 stiff, SST Pured, 43", D2
Hybrids: Ping i25 19º & 22º, Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff, bent one degree upright, D2
Irons: Titleist AP2, 5-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 regular, 38" 5i, 2º upright, standard lofts (47º PW), D2
Wedges: Cleveland RTX 2.0 50-10, 54-10, 58-10, Aerotech Steelfiber 110 regular, standard length, 66º lie angles, D3, D4, D5
Putter: Bettinardi Studio Stock #10, 35.5", 71º lie angle, Super Stroke ultra slim 1.0
Grips: Golf Pride NDMC .60R, 3 wraps throughout. Blue on Black.
witb2762020.jpg

witb762020.jpg
witb4762020.jpg
witb3762020.jpg
SS10Cavity1.JPG
ClicGear 3.5 Plus No Bag.JPG

Nice setup! ⛳

Good looking set up Kenny Wayne Shepherd!!!!

Solid WITB! (y)

Joker on jack
Match on a fire
Cold on ice ....... :drinks:

Man, everything feels new, improved.
Went down 1/4" on all the iron/wedge shafts, and up one degree on all the lie angles. Contact feeling absurdly good chipping around with the irons and wedges tonight. Those were my specs when I was younger. I've shrunk just a tad over the years, so back from whence I came! :LOL:

Sweet looking setup. That 14-way top makes everything sit in a nice organized fashion just as it should.

Nice set up.

I saw the title and had to come read it. My band plays that tune and I actually sing it. (the one song I sing in our repertoire)
I'm trying to get them to muscle it up and play it in the Five Finger Death Punch variation, but someone else would have to sing the screamy parts. :cool:

Whisper on a scream doesn't change a thing, wont bring you baaa aaaack. BLUE ON BLACK!!

Love that song and nice WITB!!

good looking set up

Nice set up.

I saw the title and had to come read it. My band plays that tune and I actually sing it. (the one song I sing in our repertoire)
I'm trying to get them to muscle it up and play it in the Five Finger Death Punch variation, but someone else would have to sing the screamy parts. :cool:
What a coinkydink. I think overall I like the Kenny Wayne version. 5 Finger is OK, but they are a little over the top/angst ridden for a 45 yr old rocker now. ha!
I like that "Little bit Off" song of theirs lately though. Still dramatic angst though! ha! So much of the music that I grew up on is still on the radio and I'm old enough now a lot is on the "classic rock" station. K. Cobain is spinning right now.

Sweet looking setup. That 14-way top makes everything sit in a nice organized fashion just as it should.
Old bag, but I still like it. Organization is really good and all the zippers still work. Sun Mountain. I guess I'd look at their "Sync" bag if I went to replace it.
Not a lot of bags that are optimally set up for push carting, which is surprising to me. I had the version previous to this as well as its still solid too. The main bag pocket zipper is a little iffy on it, so this one has seen a lot of use. Pretty faded. Like me!!! :LOL:;)

Great looking setup. Like the look of the Bettinardi. How does it roll for you?

Trying to take it easy the last few days. Under a heat warning today, and those damn deer flies are just atrocious. I want to go to the range, but they're too aggressive right now. And it'd be downwind with about a 20+MPH wind, so good luck figuring out my distances.
Torture!!!!:cool: Soon...soon....

Trying to take it easy the last few days. Under a heat warning today, and those damn deer flies are just atrocious. I want to go to the range, but they're too aggressive right now. And it'd be downwind with about a 20+MPH wind, so good luck figuring out my distances.
Torture!!!!:cool: Soon...soon....

Hear you on that, this heat wave is murder on everyone.

Great looking setup. Like the look of the Bettinardi. How does it roll for you?
I love this putter so much. I have a few others, but I'm a fool if I use anything but this one. Fits me really good.
The grooves on the face really seem to put a good end over end roll on the ball. Tracks very true. They are surprisingly sharp. I had to clean little bits of urethane out of the grooves the other day when I had it out in the sun. 5 years of putting practice was in there!!! :giggle:
Ooooh my putting was good when I went to the course!! :cool:
Edit: The neck is really interesting on it compared to a Ping B60. Hadn't seen that before this one anyway. Really well balanced. (y)

Last edited:
Went down the road to the local mom and pop range. The weather finally cooled off (still very humid)and got the grass cut too. Whew. Tired!
Hit a large bucket again.

Started out with the AP2 PW and the new i95 regular shaft. Went really well. Chipped some out there to get warmed up, and worked up to full swing. Topped out about 115-120 yds with that club. Used to be my 135 club. Glory days...:ROFLMAO: Nice feel and still super stable. Flight is a little higher, which I needed. Like the softer flex a lot. Hit a number of 7 irons as well. 150-ish it seemed there. My bag felt heavy to carry today, so I think lighter and reg flex suit me nicely now. :LOL:

Hit some with the 50º/i110 reg just to back it down one club to see the distance there with the weight difference. 105-110. Not a lot of adjustment in the same weight, just softer. Again, felt very good and plenty stable. It rained last night and it was pretty soft. Chunked a few. Splatted one in my face. Golf. Humbling.
My feet were sinking in a bit from the wetness and had to choke up a little. So different from swinging on perfectly flat astroturf. I'll have to pay attention to the lies and all that again out there. Back in course mode!

Tried out the i25's hybrids now that they are a little more upright. Contact was good/improved as was distance, but they felt heavy and a little stiff compared to the irons now. I did struggle a bit with them. After yardwork, started to get gassed in the heat by this point. Lost them right some. The 19º topped out about 220 for me, and the 22º about 200. I think I need some help there in the bag. Hmmm. Those lofts are too low for me.
21º and 24º would be better. I have a 913h 21º. Would like to find a 24º perhaps with softer shafts for sure. It was a cheap experiment to adjust the lies and see how it went at least. I know the weight and flex are the problem. And the lofts. Other than that... :ROFLMAO:

Saved the 5 good balls in the bucket PV's/Zstars for the driver at the end. That went well. Nice high fade with the G25. Dropping them in there just shy of the 250 mark. I think this is the gamer. Phenom shafts treat me well.

Nice set.

Great range session today. Really excited about the game again. (y)
Put on my FJ Contour shoes. Still in good shape, so that was nice. Helped a lot with stability.
I was always in awe that Matt Kuchar plays the i95 shafts on tour. I'm sure his are stiff or x, but there is no issue playing these at all for me. Lightest shaft I've ever played and lovin' it. So stable and supple at the same time. More I leaned on them, the more they liked it. Dirty girls.

3W updated in the signature. That went well. Need a new grip on that rascal and its good to go. Easier launch and more forgiveness. Able to load this shaft more easily than the Tour Blue. And it has friggin throwing stars on it.... :cool:

Lotta fun in the short game area. Just can't wait to play. Totally stoked. Aside from those hybrids, couldn't be happier with the bag setup right now. :love:

My Bag just fell over down in the basement. Scared the living bajeezus out of me. Thought it was an intruder! Taking my clubs? Oh no you don't...

No wonder I almost wet myself! It was two bags of clubs, another set of irons, and three 3 woods that went over dominoes style. That was loud.

Last edited:
Gettin' old is tough. Taking care of the elderly isn't much easier! :eek:
Haven't been able to get out to play as I had hoped. Trying to arrange for my uncle to look after Mom so I can get out and have a day to myself, at least 4 hours.
I need something to go out and enjoy and look forward to. I put so much time and effort into my physical therapy and fitness this year. I really need to go out and let it all manifest on the course. However stark the results may end up being.
I feel like a selfish prick too wanting to leave her here, but damn... I need this. :( It's been a long haul between my folks. Just worn out. Cart would be in order.
I hate carts.

Gettin' old is tough. Taking care of the elderly isn't much easier! :eek:
Haven't been able to get out to play as I had hoped. Trying to arrange for my uncle to look after Mom so I can get out and have a day to myself, at least 4 hours.
I need something to go out and enjoy and look forward to. I put so much time and effort into my physical therapy and fitness this year. I really need to go out and let it all manifest on the course. However stark the results may end up being.
I feel like a selfish prick too wanting to leave her here, but damn... I need this. :( It's been a long haul between my folks. Just worn out. Cart would be in order.
I hate carts.
Sometimes that’s what golf is about. Just being present out on the course. Hope all works out with your folks, that’s always challenging.

Went to the range today! Felt really good to get out there again.
The aerotechs are working nicely. Distances were consistent and dispersion good.
Top of the bag needs some help. Hybrids are sucking, and even the 3W wasn't feeling all that great. Stiff shafts might need to go.
Driver still felt good though. Tried the Srixon Z545 with the Kuro Kage 60s and it performed well. Very straight. G25 launch was higher, but the flight of the Z545 seemed a little flatter and stronger while still keeping control. Dropped the weight to the 3g just to lighten it up a touch and that felt good.

I do NOT want to buy 3 new clubs....uggh. I have my 913d2 driver, 913F 3w, and 913H 21º. If I could find a 913H 24º in nice shape to match, I'd just get new swappable shafts for the Titleists in regular and be done with it. I want to go play, but the hybrids I think will stink if I do.

Went to the range today! Felt really good to get out there again.
The aerotechs are working nicely. Distances were consistent and dispersion good.
Top of the bag needs some help. Hybrids are sucking, and even the 3W wasn't feeling all that great. Stiff shafts might need to go.
Driver still felt good though. Tried the Srixon Z545 with the Kuro Kage 60s and it performed well. Very straight. G25 launch was higher, but the flight of the Z545 seemed a little flatter and stronger while still keeping control. Dropped the weight to the 3g just to lighten it up a touch and that felt good.

I do NOT want to buy 3 new clubs....uggh. I have my 913d2 driver, 913F 3w, and 913H 21º. If I could find a 913H 24º in nice shape to match, I'd just get new swappable shafts for the Titleists in regular and be done with it. I want to go play, but the hybrids I think will stink if I do.
:unsure: Executive’s Course!:)

Back